Should homosexuals be put into jail?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Amazing then how doctrinally rigid and theologically medieval you remain. I depart this place having learnt faith here appears to function like a frontal lobotomy.
Leaving already, and voluntarily? Well, it will spare the mods from having to ban you eventually.

The most certain way to avoid learning is to assume that you already know and understand.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I hope that it helps someone. Some of them don't want any help they just like singing in the choir.
Yeah, singing the same old song. It makes then feel good inside though like they actually accomplished something.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It is surprising to see so much hate against homosexuals on a christian site. There are many saints who were homosexuals and many heterosexuals who weren't. Jesus never condemned them. Why would you?
Apparently, a few homophobes in the BDF.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Tourist I have a dumb question but what is BDF ?
BDF stands for Bible Discussion Forum. Usually just a lot of heated debate, name calling and spiritual posturing. Highly amusing at times. It is extremely rare for a member's opinion to be changed on a position based on a post or series of posts. Most of the time it's not really spiritually edifying but it does have it's interesting moments.

U

UnderGrace

Amazing then how doctrinally rigid and theologically medieval you remain. I depart this place having learnt faith here appears to function like a frontal lobotomy.
Actually, my theology predates medieval times to a Emanuelle (Jesus, God is with Us) who had such a profound influence on the world, that His birth ushered in Anno Domini.

You should get to know Him, no frontal lobotomy required but a humble heart is a must, now just wondering if that is going to be a problem :unsure:

U

UnderGrace

BDF stands for Bible Discussion Forum. Usually just a lot of heated debate, name calling and spiritual posturing. Highly amusing at times. It is extremely rare for a member's opinion to be changed on a position based on a post or series of posts. Most of the time it's not really spiritually edifying but it does have it's interesting moments.
I tend to disagree.......I have learned much from many here on various topics. I think there are many that are very supportive of each other and have much in agreement.:)

U

UnderGrace

Leaving already, and voluntarily? Well, it will spare the mods from having to ban you eventually.

The most certain way to avoid learning is to assume that you already know and understand.
Yes, rather amusing how some believe they are so "avant garde" in their world view, they are the renegade few, the warriors for social justice, the reality is that their world view is ubiquitous group-think with dangerously uninformed opinions.

Quite ironic really, considering what they know has been programmed. The only real place of learning is in Jesus.

P

pottersclay

Paul said where sin abounds grace abounds more...shall we sin all the more then....God forbid.
Paul also said he is the biggest sinner of all.
Paul also said.that he finds himself doing what he shouldn't and not doing what he should.

OMG Paul the realest wrestling with his carnal self......yet blessed with one of the most powerful ministry save the Lord's. Writing over half of the new testament. Why do you think this was so????

P

pjharrison

Romans 7: 23-25,23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Paul is no talking about intentionally sinning. If you commit adultery in your sin, you have sinned. That can't be controlled sometimes. That is what Paul is talking about, otherwise he would contradict himself.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
more recently He sent AIDS to punish them, so we can see it is a worse sin than most others.
There has been much speculation about the source of the aids epidemic in man, one recent
study conducted by the University of Alabama and others suggests that it came from the
killing of chimpanzees for food in central Africa.

These same researchers would scoff at the instruction in the Bible about eating only clean
meats (Deut. 14), and yet, if they were correct in their assessment of the origin of aids in
mankind, God’s rules for food would have prevented the problem completely.
-

New infections are most prevelent from Male-to-male sexual contact.
Found in young gay men in Los Angeles, New York City, and San Francisco, back in 1981.

The United Nations has suggested that we need to commit billion per year in prevention
campaign to control the continued spread of the disease. They instruct people in the use of
condoms and how to clean needles for intravenous drug use, and to encourage more open
discussion about health between sex partners.

The simple solution escapes the intellectual mindset completely. That is this: Do not use
intravenous drugs, and do not participate in premarital or extramarital sex, or a gay sex life.

People by the millions are dying, and our leaders refuse to apply methods proven throughout
history to control the spread of contagious diseases. Instead, they want to talk about “better
communication between sex partners” and “safe sex.” As they repeat this useless rhetoric,
millions more become infected and will die.

The quarantine laws of the Bible, properly coupled with God’s perspective on sex and marriage,
would have brought a quick end to the aids epidemic. Countless people would have been spared
the suffering and tragedy they are now experiencing.

The “experts” feel God’s rules are too harsh and cause too much suffering, but that does not
make sense. Explain to a child whose parents are dead that it would have been too harsh to
quarantine the person who passed hiv to his or her mother. Explain to the infant born hiv-positive
that rules preventing his mother from getting aids would have been too severe.

Another problem our leaders have with regard to aids is the acceptance of inappropriate behavior.
One prominent author, in an article about aids, uses the sterile phrase “commercial sex workers”
for prostitutes—lending dignity and acceptance to this ungodly “profession.”

It is attitudes like his that have prevented health officials from taking a stand for quarantining
infected people and protecting the rest of mankind. The unwillingness of our leaders to stand for
morals and decency is a main contributing factor in the continued spread of hiv/aids throughout
the world. If the people in authority would take a stand for proper human values and a stand
against sexual immorality, this disease would be a small problem.

God pronounced severe punishment on those who have sex outside of marriage
(Deut. 22:20-24). Mankind continues to try to get around God’s rules. hiv and aids
prove that God’s rules were given out of love for all people. Following them would
result in the elimination of these dreaded diseases.

Prevention by proper living—both sexually and hygienically
—is the only sound way to stop these epidemics

“That means premarital, extramarital, homosexual and perverted sex practices
—all heinous sins in God’s sight—must be completely avoided by single persons
or married couples wanting to keep clear of these diseases as much as possible!

The Creator, for now, is letting human beings, for the most part, reap the natural
consequences of their own ways of living. But He always intervenes and punishes
nations in due time for violation of His laws, given for the well-being of mankind.”