I know this is a complicated and touchy subject for all of us, so think clearly before you respond. The title of this post was taken from the following article.
The first post I wrote just now (and promptly deleted after a change of heart) complained bitterly about the passivity of men in the Christian community. I had written a similar post a few years ago regarding single men and their lacklustre approach towards single women, leaning heavily on my own frustrating experiences with men who always admired from afar but were too chicken to actually approach me. I'm not gonna be easy... and no woman who is worth it is gonna be easy for you, stallion.
In my experience beautiful Christ-centred women (I know many!) are sitting there waiting for a Christ-centred man to approach them, to make a move, to be a leader, to fight... and yet there they sit waiting and waiting and the men don't come. Why is this happening? Where are you guys?
But there are two sides to every story and I'm trying to do some fair research on the topic after an older woman approached me and incredulously asked me why I wasn't married and the best answer I could muster up was, "I guess I just haven't met him yet", which sits on my chest heavily laden with spiritual concern for the men in our church. I have my own issues to deal with, as all women do, so I'm not going to blame men entirely for my own experience. But I don't want to make this post about me.
The article I linked is a good first glimpse inside this matter. If you feel that it's a TLDR (Too Long Didn't Read) type of deal then allow me to highlight some of, what I feel, are the best points made:
Women still want men to lead them. This means being an initiator of the relationship. Don't give us that "it's the 21st Century" spiel. WE. WANT. YOU. TO. LEAD.
Men are not preparing themselves to be the men they should be. That means morally, financially, spiritually and relationally.
It is okay to ask God for a wife! My favourite part of this article is this: Spiritual development also involves the building of a prayer life. Speaking of which, it is surprising how few men actually ask God for a wife. Of all things, why would we leave this matter off our prayer list? Perhaps some would argue that it is unspiritual to pray about such a thing, that if God intends us to be married we should disengage from the process and allow Him to override our neutrality. Being neutral is fine if it means surrender and waiting by faith on God's answer (which, by the way, first demands that a request be made), but it is not fine if it implies apathy or cowardice.
The key words here are apathy and cowardice. Does this sound like you or somebody you know?
Lastly, this life is a journey. Take a risk, trust in God, surround yourself with other Christians and meet single women, befriend us and don't be afraid of us! If you want to be loved then you must first love. Ask yourself this: If you believe God has already met you in the depths of your soul then what have you got to lose? Open your hearts, gents. We are waiting for you and we love you!
well every church i've been in there's been more single men than women, tried online and same problem, more men that women.
so I don't try initiating dating naymore because there isn't a point as a man from my point of view due to just numbers
Some of you were confused by my "fight for us" comment. No, I don't believe I am to be placed on a pedestal, worshipped from afar and expecting you to fight some grizzlies with your bare hands in order for me to consider dating you. It's an exaggeration for initiating something. The real fighting comes when you're actually in a relationship and it must be fought on both sides in different ways. Some guys have no idea how much we women admire a man who bothers talking to us at all. Maybe most women are so cold and turned their hearts off that they don't show these men what they mean to them.
Men, if you step up and have a child with her and/or marry her, you become another battery government uses to fuel the present feminist matrix construct. It cannot exist apart from you.
![]()
[video=youtube_share;Czb3JG5YyTU]http://youtu.be/Czb3JG5YyTU[/video]
well every church i've been in there's been more single men than women, tried online and same problem, more men that women.
so I don't try initiating dating naymore because there isn't a point as a man from my point of view due to just numbers
Some single Christian women can be scary to men. Some single men think they are too demanding and high maintenance? What do you guys out there think?
I must say that in my latest "escapade" of attempted dating, that the folks here were very positive in their beliefs of my chances with someone I met in a Christian setting.
However there is a non-Christian men's site I visit for other issues, and I brought my latest issue up, and unfortunately their responses were more in line with what to expect from this Christian woman.
What this tells me is 1) the people here have good hearts, and 2) even some Christian single women deal with men the same way as non-Christian women. And since she came out of a long abusive relationship, judging from my entire life experience I'm predicting she will do the same again, because lots of modern women have a very distorted view of what good "marriage material" is. Tall, dark, handsome, rich and alpha enough to impress her family and friends. Won't matter if it's good for her.
Now I know this isn't a positive post, but it represents the things I have seen in my adult life since my twenties.
So do they really want a good man? "What is their idea of a good man?" might be a better question. And what do they really want out of life?
It just could be that collectively men are finally wising up and realizing what we don't want. No power struggles, no silly games just a good Christ-centered life partner. Not all that glitters is Gold!
Step up to what?
Maybe it's a suggestion for men to try step aerobics (which yes, I used to do. All hail the fitness crazes of the 90's...)
I mean I can go enjoy a drink with friends and participate in none of the grinding and dry-humping that some people do on the dance floor section.
If it's something I can blow up and cause a lot of destruction with, I'm all in.
Who me do aerobic? I have no coordination, I tell my left arm to move and my right fingers move instead LOLMaybe it's a suggestion for men to try step aerobics (which yes, I used to do. All hail the fitness crazes of the 90's...)
Sadly we live in a mixed up "do what you want" world where everything is chaotic. I dont think thats gonna change either, the world wants to push for lawlessness.
But anywho, my point is that men have alot to deal with in this area, we are really influenced by a world where everyone is fighting for what they want and not what was created to be whats best for all of us. I would imagine that saying hi to a woman who you see regularly in hopes to get to know her would be all it would take. But we have all these weird things pushed on us daily, and it can be chaotic.
Baahh... I stepped up as so asked... explained my situation and nothing happened... LOL