Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

loverofjesus27

I’ll join you toinena!! We can hibernate in an igloo :)

T

toinena

That should be my motto for the next 5 months! I wish I could be a bear and escape from the world until March.
I’ll join you toinena!! We can hibernate in an igloo :)
I think I prefer a cosy cabin with fireplace and internet. And indoor toilet. Then we could let it snow. Sleep. And wake up with the spring.

L

loverofjesus27

Hhahahah a cabinet is kind of expensive. :$

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

You could move to Colorado where yesterday was t-shirt weather and today was winter coat weather (37 was our high with snow on and off all day).
Aaaand back to t-shirt weather today

Colorado tends to be bipolar this time of year

L

loverofjesus27

t-shirt? but i always wear a t-shirt ahahahaha

violakat

Apr 23, 2014
Did you say MUSESCORE????? I love MuseScore.
I thought MuseScore was online only, but it seems like I can download it. Trust that more than the Guitar pro, as I would never write anything for a guitar.... Last time I used MuseScore it was a bit difficult with changing time signatures but it might have changed since then. I also need the programme to handle up to 25 parts. I guess I just have to check it out. If it doesn't work, I have to sell my pride and get myself a Mac and Sibelius or Finale. It costs a fortune, though.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
End of cinder's workday:

Me: I think you have a bad cable; you'll need to get a new one.

Caller: Well can we try it on another computer

Me: Ok if you want.

10 minutes later

Me: I really think you've got a bad cable, you're going to need a new one. And it's time for me to go so I'm going to leave you play with it and if you get it recognized give us a call back.

Caller: Well can't you transfer us to someone else to help us then?

What part of need a new cable did she not understand? Now I'm feeling stupidcidal (when you want to eliminate stupid people from your world by any means necessary).

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
End of cinder's workday:

10 minutes later

Me: I really think you've got a bad cable, you're going to need a new one. And it's time for me to go so I'm going to leave you play with it and if you get it recognized give us a call back.

What part of need a new cable did she not understand? Now I'm feeling stupidcidal (when you want to eliminate stupid people from your world by any means necessary).
That's not stupid, that's cheap. They really don't want to buy a new cable. I diagnose you as having tightwadcidal tendencies.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
I love this time of year, fantasy basketball while my fantasy football team is dead in the waters

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I should be working on homework tonight.

...but I'm not.

I'm looking at old NASA photos of the surface of the Moon and occasionally seeing something that makes me go "hmmm...that's interesting".

Oh, and I'm gonna make a bologna sammich.

Amberlight

Oct 8, 2016
I should be working on homework tonight.

...but I'm not.

I'm looking at old NASA photos of the surface of the Moon and occasionally seeing something that makes me go "hmmm...that's interesting".

Oh, and I'm gonna make a bologna sammich.
Just lot of dust and craters gets bit repetitive after a while.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Just lot of dust and craters gets bit repetitive after a while.
...so does working on my manuscript. Dust and craters is more interesting this evening than the word processor.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
That's not stupid, that's cheap. They really don't want to buy a new cable. I diagnose you as having tightwadcidal tendencies.
You might be right about those tightwadical tentacles....ooops I mean tendencies. But is it possible to be a generous tightwad?

Aug 2, 2009
End of cinder's workday:

10 minutes later

I would have "transferred" them.... (put them on indefinite hold) :rolleyes:

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

A couple of thoughts this evening:

Please have the courage to leave your name if you have something nasty to say in your reputation comments. If you don't like me or something I say, call me out on it, or start a thread calling me out on it. I'll be more than happy to address your concerns - I have no reputation around here to protect. Saying something nasty and leaving it anonymous just demonstrates how wide the yellow streak on you spine is. I might not be a Christian in your view of the Word, but I'm certain God doesn't like weakling cowards, so speak up if you have something to say. Come at me, bro. Hope you're studied up on your scripture when you do. I'd love to see how you take verses out of context to make your point since you can't make one of your own.

2. I am losing motivation to finish my dissertation by the day. I have a case of the "____ it's" and I just can't seem to get myself into gear to make those last changes. Looking back, I should have made the decision to take the couple of extra math classes I would have needed to work on the project I really wanted to instead of the project I could actually do with my current course progression, but after almost 2 solid years of working and revisions, I am sick to death of this manuscript...a manuscript I won't ever pursue publishing or care about.

3. I give off the impression of being anti-love or anti-relationship, but that's not true. It's a defense mechanism. I'm not inhuman. I want to be loved as much as others do, yet I realize how hard that would be given how strange I am and how unwilling I am to make myself be "normal" according to socially acceptable standards. I'm unapologetic. I don't like marriage. I don't think physical expressions of "love" are necessary. I don't want or like children. I don't care to "make something of myself" and actually strive to live in poverty. That said though, I'm not a piece of ____. I have many redeeming qualities even though I've never expressed them here (I don't trust most of you). As much of a hard ___ as I make myself out to be, I do actually long for understanding, compassion, and some kind of non-sexual affection from a woman who is worthy of getting access to the crazy little world that is Jon Judge.

T

toinena

Please have the courage to leave your name if you have something nasty to say in your reputation comments. If you don't like me or something I say, call me out on it, or start a thread calling me out on it. I'll be more than happy to address your concerns - I have no reputation around here to protect. Saying something nasty and leaving it anonymous just demonstrates how wide the yellow streak on you spine is. I might not be a Christian in your view of the Word, but I'm certain God doesn't like weakling cowards, so speak up if you have something to say. Come at me, bro. Hope you're studied up on your scripture when you do. I'd love to see how you take verses out of context to make your point since you can't make one of your own.

2. I am losing motivation to finish my dissertation by the day. I have a case of the "____ it's" and I just can't seem to get myself into gear to make those last changes. Looking back, I should have made the decision to take the couple of extra math classes I would have needed to work on the project I really wanted to instead of the project I could actually do with my current course progression, but after almost 2 solid years of working and revisions, I am sick to death of this manuscript...a manuscript I won't ever pursue publishing or care about.

3. I give off the impression of being anti-love or anti-relationship, but that's not true. It's a defense mechanism. I'm not inhuman. I want to be loved as much as others do, yet I realize how hard that would be given how strange I am and how unwilling I am to make myself be "normal" according to socially acceptable standards. I'm unapologetic. I don't like marriage. I don't think physical expressions of "love" are necessary. I don't want or like children. I don't care to "make something of myself" and actually strive to live in poverty. That said though, I'm not a piece of ____. I have many redeeming qualities even though I've never expressed them here (I don't trust most of you). As much of a hard ___ as I make myself out to be, I do actually long for understanding, compassion, and some kind of non-sexual affection from a woman who is worthy of getting access to the crazy little world that is Jon Judge.
Sometimes I think you are not that fas off being loveable. But you are dealing with a lot of stuff in your life, and no one knows the full extension of that but you and God. In my head (never trust my head) you are somehow like me. You have the basics cowered. Roof over your head and food and money to get by. And you have the top of Mazlow's pyramid covered with self realization through the academic. But it lacks so many layers of the stuff between.... that should be there. And every person needs to be seen, loved and respected. Even weird people like myself.

I am impressed by your honesty. I am impressed by your intellect and bravery. And your compassion and faithfulness. You are a good person, Jon. You are loved by God and your father and sisters even if it doesn't feel like it. Don't lose faith in your work or in God. Pray over it and let Him be a part of it. Your paper can improve every day work for many. It is important. YOU are important.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016

Not wanting to finish your dissertation is probably common. I'll bet most dissertations remain unfinished.

"I" think you might be getting a bit more depressed than usual. It could be because of the decreasing light here in Iowa. Have you heard of Seasonal Affective Disorder? (SAD)(This is not a joke.)

Vitamin D supplements have successfully been used to mitigate the effects of SAD. I also invite you to consider vitamin B complex and Fish Oil. I notice they have a powerful effect on my mood but it may take a week or two to feel the difference.

You are under a lot of stress. It is perfectly common to react to stress with depression. You have a full plate. Is it possible to take a month off from your dissertation to just feel better about yourself?