Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

I left work early today and went straight to the clinic. The last few weeks have been very demanding. I have all day classes on weekends, and my new job gave me three projects to work on, on top of my regular scope. I'm just about to crumble and I'm getting really dizzy just typing this.

Times like this gets me thinking, what's the point of all of this? I just want a happy life for me and for the people I love. Jesus is more than able to give me that, I don't know why I'm struggling for something He freely gives.

No wonder scripture tells us to labor into rest. Sometimes, the hardest thing is to rest from all our troubles and cares. Even if we know Jesus has authority over everything and we are co-heirs with Him, sometimes we just can't sit back, relax and be still and know HE is God.

I have another presentation for school this week, and another essay due next weekend. I still have all day classes next weekend and the thought scares me. How can I let go? How can I cast all these cares to Jesus? *sits in a corner and cries
Yes. It is in times like these it helps to get rest in the Lord. Take one step at the time, and just walk down the path. It is almost scary how it seems your life is mirroring mine. I am also in the midst of too much work, too much studies and too much symphonic wind band. And in the middle of one major conflict and getting a very depressing letter from the munincipal. How do I do it? I take one fight at the time. And then work my way through it and pray God will grant me a clear head and strength to go through it.

And I have plenty of caffein to drink and ginseng to take, knowing the week after this will be a little bit easier.

becc

Mar 4, 2018
Why do their friends and families let them do it :eek:
i think either their friends and families don't see their lack or they chose to ignore it or to them it sounds wonderful and also, thy probably just decided to give into their whines and what type of friend wouldn't want her friend to be happy......
the Kyle guy, Simone and Jackson sounded good to me... replace Kyle's face with a girl's face and voila!

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I left work early today and went straight to the clinic. The last few weeks have been very demanding. I have all day classes on weekends, and my new job gave me three projects to work on, on top of my regular scope. I'm just about to crumble and I'm getting really dizzy just typing this.

Times like this gets me thinking, what's the point of all of this? I just want a happy life for me and for the people I love. Jesus is more than able to give me that, I don't know why I'm struggling for something He freely gives.

No wonder scripture tells us to labor into rest. Sometimes, the hardest thing is to rest from all our troubles and cares. Even if we know Jesus has authority over everything and we are co-heirs with Him, sometimes we just can't sit back, relax and be still and know HE is God.

I have another presentation for school this week, and another essay due next weekend. I still have all day classes next weekend and the thought scares me. How can I let go? How can I cast all these cares to Jesus? *sits in a corner and cries

Take some time and crawl up on Jesus lap and cry on his shoulder. Let Him put His arms around you and tell that you are not in this alone and He is with you through it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Perhaps you are caring more than God wants you to carry. I will say a prayer for God to give you a certain measure of rest to gather your thoughts and work out with Him an action plan to move forward with your life on a sustainable pace that will give you the best chance to succeed but on a pace that won't tear you up inside.

God wants you to have life and to have it more abundantly. You have life but are too drained and anxious to get any satisfaction from your hard effort. This is not a good thing.

For the record I consider you to be a highly successful person on how you are managing your life so far. It's just sad to me to see you burn out. I've been there too.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

Well Abigail, sometimes when we get overwhelmed we are looking at the big picture instead of the task at hand. All you can do is take care of the next thing on your list. Prioritize all your tasks and plow through them as best you can. Just remember, even a mule can just do his best. Don't let the big picture get you down. :cool:

J

joefizz

Nap time...
(will be back at three,so noone wake me up ok?)

M

MissCris

I’ve driven to/from town every day since Thursday. Every time, there’s a new deer carcass on the road. Baby deer. The deer mamas aren’t doing a very good job of teaching their kids to oook both ways and not to play in traffic.

Today! I went back to the doctor for a follow-up. My heart is 100% fine. My chemicals are a bit off, and so I was prescribed...vitamins. And a change in diet and exercise. Less delicious carbs and more on-purpose exercise. You know what? After six months of worrying I was about to kick the bucket, I’ll gladly give up pasta and (most) cookies.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My co-worker just showed me a video of a hail storm that was breaking car
windows with tennis ball-sized stones, and killing the sheep in the fields :eek:

I also realized that it was a good thing I woke up in the middle of the night on
Friday, because it was so windy that one of my unscreened windows blew open.
I never again want to pick another cat up off the pavement below my window.

M

MissCris

I woke up late this morning with a cat literally attached to my arm by one claw that she couldn’t retract. My one mean attack chicken chased me out of the coop and scratched the back of my leg. I walked into a door knob hip first.

I had eggs for breakfast, though! Instead of lemon cake. So, that’s...well. The eggs were Cadbury. I think those fall into the same category as cookies for breakfast?

I’m not getting very far with anything today. I DVR’d Flea Market Flip and haven’t moved from the couch in two hours. I tell myself it’s “research” and “inspiration” for the several furniture projects I technically Could get started on because it’s warm outside...but I reached the point in my off-kilter morning where I know productivity will be at an all time low today. Pretty sure that point was right about the time I opened my eyes and found myself face to face with the cat and had to pull her claw out of my flesh.

...Happy Tuesday...!

T

Tinuviel

I woke up late this morning with a cat literally attached to my arm by one claw that she couldn’t retract. My one mean attack chicken chased me out of the coop and scratched the back of my leg. I walked into a door knob hip first.

I had eggs for breakfast, though! Instead of lemon cake. So, that’s...well. The eggs were Cadbury. I think those fall into the same category as cookies for breakfast?

I’m not getting very far with anything today. I DVR’d Flea Market Flip and haven’t moved from the couch in two hours. I tell myself it’s “research” and “inspiration” for the several furniture projects I technically Could get started on because it’s warm outside...but I reached the point in my off-kilter morning where I know productivity will be at an all time low today. Pretty sure that point was right about the time I opened my eyes and found myself face to face with the cat and had to pull her claw out of my flesh.

...Happy Tuesday...!
I "liked" the post. I meant: "I'll cry with you!"

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
That moment when you and your teammates have already agreed on your assigned tasks. You go home and devote three hours working on your task only to find out that another teammate worked on the same thing and now your group has double the number of handouts...

It would have all been fine and dandy if you didn't get to miss out on your nightly catching up with your family - with you living overseas, you only get to talk to them online, and if you didn't have to give up some of the time you've scheduled for writing your essay due in three days.

But you did, which means, all that time went down the drain just because someone can't work with a team. Ugh, humans. Forgive them, Lord! Cause I can't seem to.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
That moment when you and your teammates have already agreed on your assigned tasks. You go home and devote three hours working on your task only to find out that another teammate worked on the same thing and now your group has double the number of handouts...

It would have all been fine and dandy if you didn't get to miss out on your nightly catching up with your family - with you living overseas, you only get to talk to them online, and if you didn't have to give up some of the time you've scheduled for writing your essay due in three days.

But you did, which means, all that time went down the drain just because someone can't work with a team. Ugh, humans. Forgive them, Lord! Cause I can't seem to.

Sounds like you all have a communication problem. Do you have a team leader. If not, maybe you should appoint one. I'll be praying for you.

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I am.. le team leader.

He had a different task, and I told him I'd be doing the other one. He acknowledged! But then, he ended up doing what I did because, he said, he had the right tools to make a better one. :! I mean, he could've done it all, I'd have no problem, but at least before I wasted my Wednesday night doing it. Ugh...

Thank you for the prayers, tomorrow's our presentation so we'll be rid of each other very soon. Haha.

Sounds like you all have a communication problem. Do you have a team leader. If not, maybe you should appoint one. I'll be praying for you.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
In other news, I finally found someone who's willing to act in my mini movie project for school.

I promised to take her out to dinner... for an entire week.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In other news, I finally found someone who's willing to act in my mini movie project for school.

I promised to take her out to dinner... for an entire week.
Hmm... is this dinner at a real restaurant, the school cafeteria or a local fast food factory?

If either of the first two, I'll act in your mini-series for dinner all week. :D If it's the last one... keep it.

M

MissCris

My mom has this weird thing about toast- she’s crazy about it. So, growing up with this madness, she would constantly tell me to eat some toast. Hungry? Have toast. Upset stomach? Toast. Got a cold or a fever? Try to eat a little toast! Leg got cut off? TOAST. It fixes everything!

...so today, surprise surprise, my whole family is sick again. Coughing, fevers, what have you. And it got to be about breakfast time, and I’m the worst at buying actual breakfast food, but then I remembered I have way too many loaves of bread and a sorely neglected toaster.

Toast! We ate toast.

And would you believe...we all, all of us who had toast...

Are still sick.

I called my mom, so I could tell her that her cure-all was pointless, and we laughed...and she said, “You do know that the toast was usually just to get something in your stomach for when I gave you medicine, right?” I...forgot that part. And then she tried to give me a recipe for pizza crust made out of green beans and I may or may not have faked a sudden coughing fit to escape.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
My mom has this weird thing about toast- she’s crazy about it. So, growing up with this madness, she would constantly tell me to eat some toast. Hungry? Have toast. Upset stomach? Toast. Got a cold or a fever? Try to eat a little toast! Leg got cut off? TOAST. It fixes everything
This was awesome, MissCris.

I have often said the same thing about my family, except substitute "work" for toast. Hungry? Get a job, and then you can go buy yourself something to eat. Depressed, don't have a significant other? Go get a couple of jobs and it will up your chances of meeting someone! Broken leg? Go get yourself a job--it'll take your mind right off off it. This is actually only a partial joke, because I had a time when I actually went to work with a fractured foot (the doc said they couldn't do anything about it.)

The only way you can be disowned in my family is to be able-bodied and capable... but refuse to work, even at the lowest-of-the-totem pole-type jobs, because that's what my Dad built his career on. Also, being a stay-at-home mom definitely counts as several jobs, seeing as all the women in my family have had that role at some point, except me.

Personally... most days... I would rather be told to just eat toast.

(But of course, my parents would tell me that first I need to go to work so that I can earn my bread and butter. :))

Last edited:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
*Lynx surfaces, blows bubbles at everybody and dives back down*

Somebody say toast? I got the bread for it. Baking 27 loaves today. Got 8 baked, 4 in the oven and the rest rising.

Aug 2, 2009
Why didn't we have all these school walkouts when I was in school?? The most we could hope for was a fire drill... :(

S

Susanna

This was awesome, MissCris.

I have often said the same thing about my family, except substitute "work" for toast. Hungry? Get a job, and then you can go buy yourself something to eat. Depressed, don't have a significant other? Go get a couple of jobs and it will up your chances of meeting someone! Broken leg? Go get yourself a job--it'll take your mind right off off it. This is actually only a partial joke, because I had a time when I actually went to work with a fractured foot (the doc said they couldn't do anything about it.)

The only way you can be disowned in my family is to be able-bodied and capable... but refuse to work, even at the lowest-of-the-totem pole-type jobs, because that's what my Dad built his career on. Also, being a stay-at-home mom definitely counts as several jobs, seeing as all the women in my family have had that role at some point, except me.

Personally... most days... I would rather be told to just eat toast.

(But of course, my parents would tell me that first I need to go to work so that I can earn my bread and butter. :))
I agree, toast sounds better than job.