The manly thread of manly stuff (for women to hijack)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hamarr

So, fair play since we keep hijacking the girlie thread.

Guy stuff I am into: uh, football? Farts are funny..... I don’t know too much about cars.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
I'm a wood butcher, so when I come home I like to put on jammies n curl up with a good romance novel, and sip chi tea..............
not really. But I am a wood butcher.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I can change a tyre, does that make me manly?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I can change a tyre, does that make me manly?
Not really, my dad wouldn't let my sister get her driver's license until she could change a flat, and check/top off all the fluids under the hood.

H

Hamarr

I love those double edge razors!! But only with those excellent Wilkinson blades so I don't cut my legs so much.

View attachment 195335

I'll have to see if I can get these here. I've been using Astra Premiums. Those are supposed to be beginner friendly. I tried a couple of other brands but they tore my face up. That Premiums are also 100 for $10, which is great.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hmm... I know how to change a tire but I've never changed the oil. Cross "knowing cars" off my man checklist.

Sports... bleh. Sports are meant to be played, not watched. Paying a bunch of guys to play a sport is like paying the next door neighbor's kid to rollerblade so you can watch.

Grilling out I have never seen the attraction of. It tastes better fried in a skillet on the stove and I don't have to go outside and stand in the heat/cold/whatever. The only thing that tastes better cooked outdoors is anything barbecued.

I'm no good at swinging an axe or running a chainsaw, so you'll have to split your own logs. I can use power tools but I lack any of a stereotypical man's fascination with them.

Let's see, what else? Politics, right, that's something men sit around and talk about a lot. I never have figured out why. All the talk I have heard about all the politics in the world, and it hasn't changed one single thing. It's just a way for old men to vent about things they get upset about.

I guess that leaves computers. I know computers. Why is that a man thing? Well I have never met a woman who was a major nerd. I mean I know they exist, but I've never met any. All the computer nerds I know are guys. Right, computer nerd stuff is a guy thing. There, I can prove I'm a guy. :D

Leave me alone, it's all I've got. Stop looking at me that way.

H

Hamarr

I can't believe I forgot to add grilling. I do prefer the taste of meat grilled rather than using a skillet. I have a grill pan I sometimes use, but it's not the same. I'm a noob at it, though. I usually do cuts of meat that don't need to be marinated or anything like that. I can get away with salt and pepper on a lot of the stuff I grill.

I was hesitant to mention nerdy stuff like computers. I guess more men are into that sort of stuff, but I don't see it as particularly a guy thing. Luckily, I am finding more women I know are into sci fi or video games. A couple of years ago, I sat and listened to a couple of ladies talking about how excited they were for episode VII. It was pretty awesome. Stuff like Doctor Who and Harry Potter help this? I know way more ladies into Doctor Who than guys.

H

Hamarr

And now you've got me wondering how well these babies would maneuver around one's kneecaps...
Is that trying for the upper lip? I can get it with this guy, but occasionally nick myself there. Alum block helps with the bleeding. :p

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Well yippy skippy, it's the Manliest of the Manly thread s here in the Singles Forum!!!

Sorry I'm late to the party, but at least I brought the power tools:

1551651783096.jpeg

*Seoulsearch wonders if she can attempt to master, or at least attempt, modern teenage slang.*

This bad boy is TOTALLY BAE!!!

Or at least... it was back in 1999 when I bought her.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Well yippy skippy, it's the Manliest of the Manly thread s here in the Singles Forum!!!

Sorry I'm late to the party, but at least I brought the power tools:

View attachment 195338

*Seoulsearch wonders if she can attempt to master, or at least attempt, modern teenage slang.*

This bad boy is TOTALLY BAE!!!

Or at least... it was back in 1999 when I bought her.
wonder if I can for that in my edc bag?

L

LadyInWaiting

One time I was making a carpentry project. I cut the wooden pieces, used sandpaper, varnished some and painted the rest. I used wooden glue to stick them and create my project. I had to use measuring tape, worked outside with tools I had never used before. Thanks to my stepdad. At the end of it all, I felt like a total tomboy! I had completed a wooden project!
Ironically, what I built was a doll house. :LOL:

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I'm a wood butcher, so when I come home I like to put on jammies n curl up with a good romance novel, and sip chi tea..............
not really. But I am a wood butcher.
I'm not sure if the masculine wood butcher offsets the feminine jammies and romance novel (especially when chai tea is added in).

We may need to vote on the revocation of the man card here. :D

S

Susanna

I'm not sure if the masculine wood butcher offsets the feminine jammies and romance novel (especially when chai tea is added in).

We may need to vote on the revocation of the man card here. :D

Do I get to vote? Or is it just for men? In that case I’ll have a swift, temporarily gender (or sex as some is advocating here) exchange to cast a vote... you know, a means to an end and all that lol.

A

AuntieAnt

Praise God for manly men (and brave women, too) who can get rid of spiders. I'm not one of them.

scared of spiders.jpg