The Welcome Thread- Come in, sit down, stay a while.

  • Thread starter Thread starter MissCris
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Uuumm, this may sound stupid, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to pm lol
 
Hello everyone! My name is Laura and I'm 23 years old girl from Finland. I come from a Christian home but on the another hand I am a new Christian since even though I have always had faith, I had done things in my life in my way, not the way God would like me to do and I didn't realize that until couple of weeks ago when I prayed Jesus to truly come to my life. And my life is starting to change for the better :)
Here is my answers to the questions :)
1. Making paintings or composing songs or writing poems :)

2. Owl city I don't unfortunately know many bands that play Christian music yet. I would like to know more though. I have spotify but its hard to find Christian music there.

3. I would like to try paragliding some day! It has been a dream of mine for many years.
 
Hi Laura, and welcome to CC :)

I can relate some to what you said about being raised in a Christian home, but not really living like a Christian. I spent a lot of time in my teens and early twenties doing things my way, thinking I must know better than anyone, including God. As most people who finally come to accept Christ find out, that doesn't work very well, and a few years ago (and several times since) I recomitted my life to Christ. Very happy to hear your story :)

You'll fit right in around here- there are a lot of artistic and/or musical people. Jump on into the threads (or start your own) and get to know us :D
 
Did someone say she wants to learn about christian bands?! :D :D :D

Tell me what style of music you like, Laura, and I'll give you a list.
 
Hey Laura, welcome to CC Singles. I am Da Bear and I come from India. I understand how you feel about getting to know God all over again. I hope you find this site to be a blessing. In case you didn't know, the CC Singles is the coolest place to be, on CC. :D

If you want a list of Christian bands to listen to, Lynx is the best person to ping. If you want to receive a second opinion, feel free to PM me. Since you said you listen to owl city, you may want to check out Jars of Clay. Check out their first album which is self-titled. It has some nice singles like Liquid, Sinking, Love song for a saviour, Flood, Worlds Apart and Blind. :)
 


2. Owl city I don't unfortunately know many bands that play Christian music yet. I would like to know more though. I have spotify but its hard to find Christian music there.



If you are looking for things online to listen to, you're welcome to go with the suggestions from these guys, and also, check out some of the Christian radio stations that are available online. Klove.com and Airone.com are the 2 main Christian radio stations in the US, and you can listen online for free globally.
 
hi Everyone!my Real name is David ;) im 24

i have my own small clothing company

im into hardcore christian bands like, for today, sleeping giant etc.
but i listen to hillsong,planetshakers, relientk etc. up tp Lecrae,. anything ^^

i also Skate ^_^

Hope to have friends here
 
Howdy Mark. (I'm guessing that's your first name...) Jump in and be crazy with the rest of us loonies. :D

And AlaynaJ, don't get me started on K-Love. Their playlist is so short that if you listen to that station for seven hours you've heard everything they will play for the next three months. In fact they were playing K-Love at work one day and the same song came on four times before my shift was over. Bleh!
 
Hi David! Forgive my friend Lynx who did not pay attention to your name.

*kicks Lynx*

Welcome to CC Singles. This is the Mad House. What happens here, stays here! :D
 
Thank you, you all! Lynx I like r&b and pop music but usually the melody of the song is the most important thing for me not the genre of the music. Yeah I'm weird like that. And Roh_Chris I definitely check out what kind of music Jars of Clay makes! And thank you AlaynaJ I haven't heard about those radio stations before ^^
 
Um... I seem to have derailed this thread. Sorry y'all.

PM me if you want more group suggestions.
 
Thank you, you all! Lynx I like r&b and pop music but usually the melody of the song is the most important thing for me not the genre of the music. Yeah I'm weird like that. And Roh_Chris I definitely check out what kind of music Jars of Clay makes! And thank you AlaynaJ I haven't heard about those radio stations before ^^

We also have a Christian Music forum in here as well, where you're likely to find all sorts of music suggestions and opinions. Hope that helps some.

Sorry you don't like K-love, Lynx, but to each their own. :P
 
hi Everyone!my Real name is David ;) im 24

i have my own small clothing company

im into hardcore christian bands like, for today, sleeping giant etc.
but i listen to hillsong,planetshakers, relientk etc. up tp Lecrae,. anything ^^

i also Skate ^_^

Hope to have friends here


Okay!!! Re-railed and ready to go.

Welcome to CC, David. I hope that you enjoy it here. Sometimes the forums are a little less crazy than the chat rooms, and can certainly be easier to follow, and more welcoming, but if you want to chat with people in real-time instead of waiting for people to reply in the forums, and want a good laugh from some people, the chat can work out too. I try to stay in both, but I do tend to spend more time in the rooms... That's probably why I'm not exactly sane any more....
 
Independent historical investigation failed to discover any evidence corroborating claims of past sanity. Sorry.

(But at least I'm not the one who started the thread hijacking this time...) ^.^
 
Hello...I'm new here.

1-My favorite way to spend Sunday afternoon would be reading and playing the guitar
2-My favorite band would probably be Crowder and TobyMac
3-I'd love to backpack Europe