E
eph610
Guest
See, but it's not as simple as that either. I have been in unbelief and mistrust in an area, but in firm belief in others. And yet, He never took His Spirit from me and still communed with me often. So I was abiding in some areas and not abiding in others. And not only that, I wasn't aware of the areas where I wasn't until He showed me. So there is an aspect to it also that...we aren't expected to walk by light we have yet to receive (I have many things to tell you but you are not ready to bear them yet), but I think we ARE required to walk by light we HAVE received.
And yet, walking by that light does not mean we have to perform a "work." We simply have to not hide from the light but have to see and admit the truth He has shown us about our mistrust and look for Him to then change us. In other words, just seeing the truth does not make us any more capable in ourselves - it just makes us more truthful.
We can't hide from light we haven't seen, but once we have seen it, we can either embrace the truth/light or we can refuse it because we don't like the way a glaring and harsh light makes us look.
I hope I've gotten my point across...He would never abandon me for not walking by light I am not yet able to bear. But what would He do if I just refused light He DID give me because I didn't like the way the light made me look? Because that is WHY it says people run from light/truth - it is because they do not want their evil deeds to be shown. But then you also have to take into account that He is patient because the one son originally said, no I will not do it, but then later, he did. And the father was pleased with that son.
You just begin to see that the word is seamless somehow because it goes on and on...
I mam not saying that one ounce of unbelief and it is all over...Like Is said
Surrender is an ongoing process of growing your belief
The error is that some do not believe any kind of surrender is not needed at any point in your walk....and that saving grace carries you and you can live like hell with no surrender and no growth....
You demonstrate spiritual growth in progress sister and that is what it is all about, not that you surrender all at once, but that you grow in your relationship...
My heartburn comes from some that cleverly disguise what they really want to say....
Once you have faith in God and get saved that's it, you can like like hell.....and God's gonna be ok with that....