Vacations/holidays

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I think I see a pattern developing..ha.
Might be as men of G-d we are so happy where ever we are
it satisfies us to stay at the mission field, in this case "work", we give it our all,
for Him.
Best wishes
 
I suppose the well healed (rich) have minions to do those things, calling the travel agency, having the house watched, those who travel frequently have jumped through all these hoops and it is very easy for the now.
Seems the housing is the big expense in travel, i'm a Motel 6 type traveler.
I'm trending towards Hampton Inn but I get your drift about travel expenses.
 
Most hotels and motels are independently run here or bnbs, now you got air bnbs.

Only the big internationals have huge chains, but far to expensive, or they are for business travelers who make a living on the road...but since they have huge turnover things break down and run down pretty quickly. Those motels are very generic and dont have much character, you wouldnt really stay in them for holiday, just things like work conferences. If you want a real holiday where you dont have to keep going from place to place its better to go to a resort, that has meals included and activities.
 
It used to be christians were the ones showing genuine hospitality, put people up without charging them, but as usual the secular world cottoned on to making a buck from tourists.
 
  • Like
Reactions: oldethennew
Id like to go to Dollywood if I was in the US.
And maybe the Grand Canyon.
ANd Hawaii.
 
But I also like staying home.
Sometimes I think going away is over-rated.
 
Id like to go to Dollywood if I was in the US.
And maybe the Grand Canyon.
ANd Hawaii.
Hawaii is beautiful! I lived there for 3 years when I served in the Navy back in the 80's. :cool:

9fefd29e0e6c1e16c8b343a02aa2cc58.jpg


81032a17242bf511e8cf17521618b725.jpg
 
My favorite "vacation" has always been in my home. My first true vacation was not until I was 24, . I went to Europe d and learned much.

I also went to Florida for a liesure type vacation, and I cannot truly figure out how anyone can think of that type of vacation without being bored to tears.

I likeed going to museams in France, the ruins of the foum and much more in dItaly, seeing the canals of Amsterdam and the pomp (useless) of London, but to leave my home is no pleasure for me. It is in my home where I am most happy with Je4sus...Praise our dear Lord, amen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: oldethennew
we hear you Brother Jack -
s&g holds no appeal for us.

we are both very content in our home,
our garden and our marriage...
:):)
 
My wife and I love to go snorkeling! Here we were on a previous vacation in Cozumel Mexico. :cool:
The water was 20 feet deep and crystal clear. Saw lots of fish including a few barracudas. :)

F4C54619-9D51-4909-BA43-DD16C8BD7901.jpeg
 
I often wonder about vacation, holiday spots, what about the people who live there all the time, where do THEY go on their holidays?
 
Bump cos school holidays coming up, and Easter. I'd like to go away somewhere, but organising it all is something I don't really like to do, but if I really want to go away it will fall on me to organise it.

WWJD? He spent 3 years away from his hometown at the end and went to Jerusalem every year for the Passover holiday. Some people go to the same place every year and they know where they are going and what they will do when they get there, or they have a holiday home.

I think there are good things about that, but for the adventurous they like going somewhere different and new. I wish I was well-heeled enough to just get on a plane and go anywhere I wanted. But it's no good to want things you can't have.

I can dream can't I? When I close my eyes. Kiss the World goodbye - you'll see me escaping (Song by Margaret Urlich) maybe the best holiday/vacation when you've got no money or transport is the one in your imagination. Armchair travel in books? Watch a movie set in an exotic land?
 
2nd day of School hols and already I'm thinking...I have to get away! But no, I'm still at home.

Last night went to a Seder, and the couple's daughter comes up to me and says I know you, where have I met you before?
On Wednesday helped out with Bibles in Schools and she was in the class. So can't get away from children now they are all on holidays too lol
The other Bible teacher wasn't there because she was taking HER holiday during term time.
 
Got my passport photo taken and making steps to renew my passport..it expires in November, so I got to get cracking if I want to go anywhere outside the country.
 
Do you have them often and what do you do. Camping, cruise, island, retreat, or sat in a hotel and be pampered. Or do you just stay with families or friends. Or maybe you have a permanent holiday home, time share or campervan.
How far do you go to get away from it all? And how long is your ideal vacation or holiday
Are you the one who organises it or do you have someone else do it for you? Or does your church have them.

Would you take someone with you thats never had a holiday in their life, never been outside their home town or couldnt afford one?

Whats your best or ideal vacation?
once a year, my wife & i take to a vacation, although, this winter, i skipped. partly because i have seen so much, just taking a break. my wife is going on 2 vacations though. next year, i'll be all refreshed for Hawaii, my favorite of all time. i swim a lot, dine out gourmet style, see the sights, parasail, shop, cruise around the island, play beach games, learn the history of the island vacationing at, partake of tours including snorkeling, museums & such, play the drums if a band is around, etc. if a cruise, we play all the games offered, tis so much fun. we alternate between land & cruise vacations. always the caribbean or Hawaii. 2 weeks usually, depending on perks, travel packages, incentives & deals, sometimes 15 or 16 days. we have a friend of my wife's daughter who is a pro travel agent. sure, we'd take someone or a couple. but that would be tough. you have to get along in every way. independence & togetherness would have to be 100% agreeable. best or ideal vacation for me is hawaii or a caribbean cruise.
 
once a year, my wife & i take to a vacation, although, this winter, i skipped. partly because i have seen so much, just taking a break. my wife is going on 2 vacations though. next year, i'll be all refreshed for Hawaii, my favorite of all time. i swim a lot, dine out gourmet style, see the sights, parasail, shop, cruise around the island, play beach games, learn the history of the island vacationing at, partake of tours including snorkeling, museums & such, play the drums if a band is around, etc. if a cruise, we play all the games offered, tis so much fun. we alternate between land & cruise vacations. always the caribbean or Hawaii. 2 weeks usually, depending on perks, travel packages, incentives & deals, sometimes 15 or 16 days. we have a friend of my wife's daughter who is a pro travel agent. sure, we'd take someone or a couple. but that would be tough. you have to get along in every way. independence & togetherness would have to be 100% agreeable. best or ideal vacation for me is hawaii or a caribbean cruise.
Would love to have a vacay in Hawaii. I had one in Cook Islands which is close enough and was lovely, spent 5 days there. Went with a friend who's family is from there.
I went on a cruise around my country and also Australia and back, that one was 14 days on my own. I had dinner companions though and got to know a lot of Australians and also retired people lol. I liked having a cabin to myself, the only thing I didn't like was I got seasick the first 4 days! I won a prize in the hula hoop contest.

I would go back to Cook Islands if I get the chance...and maybe go on a cruise with friends but I would have to get a cabin more in the centre of the ship to avoid sea sickness.
Are you retired?