What is your BEST PROOF for a pre-trib Rapture?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Here’s my thinking:

The Lord commands husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the Church and gave himself up for her...and by the way, I’m making my bride go through the great tribulation. That’s how I care for her.😛
(based on the quote above)

The bride went through the Dark Ages.

Do you know what those people experienced?

Fit that into your thinking.

(Your thinking has been adversely affected by the modern-day pride-based wisdom-of-men mentality.)

You need to look at the bigger picture.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
The great tribulation is going to be way worse than any suffering Christians have ever faced.
One day you will realize just how much error is in that statement - and, just how much assumption is attached to that statement - when you come to realize that the Dark Ages saints who were tortured to death were tribulation saints.

They are [a major part of] the souls under the altar in Revelation 6:9 - and, together with those "that should be killed as they were" (Revelation 6:11) - are ALL tribulation saints.

Think about that for a while...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Who are the 144,000 tribulation witnesses in Revelation 7?
They are the only living Christians left at the end of the Great Tribulation (all of the rest have been beheaded by then) - and, the "seed" for the population growth during the millenium.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I'm not sure when the 'fullness of the Gentiles' is complete-- maybe during this time period or at the end of it.
It will be complete when the last soul is saved [shortly] before the return of Christ.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Just off the top of my head, I would say that Joel is referring to Israel. The church will not go through the day of the Lord, but will be removed prior to it.
1 THESSALONIANS 5 [9] For God hath NOT APPOINTED US TO WRATH, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, [10] Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

The Rapturist claim we are raptured off to heaven because we are not appointed to wrath.

1 THESSALONIANS 4 [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and SO SHALL WE EVER BE WITH THE LORD.

We will be with Jesus from here on in

REVELATION 19 [14] And THE ARMIES WHICH WERE IN HEAVEN FOLLOWED HIM UPON WHITE HORSES, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. [15] And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth THE WINEPRESS OF THE FIERCENESS AND WRATH OF ALMIGHTY GOD. [16] And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Here we find Jesus returning to earth. We are with Him and He will be executing Gods wrath upon this earth. We are on this earth during the wrath. Again i say, the Rapturist claim we will be raptured to heaven to avoid the wrath of God.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
(based on the quote above)

The bride went through the Dark Ages.

Do you know what those people experienced?

Fit that into your thinking.

(Your thinking has been adversely affected by the modern-day pride-based wisdom-of-men mentality.)

You need to look at the bigger picture.
The tribulation will be far worse than the dark ages my friend.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
The 144,000 is the Church. (what is left of it at the end of the GT)
Actually, they are Jews, 12,000 called out of the twelve tribes. In the Church, there is no Jew or Gentile.

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
I will try to post something later on sometime - when I have the time...

In the meanwhile, consider this:

There is no U-turn.
Does that mean you are pre-trib? No I read your other post that would suggest otherwise. Perhaps you are one who advocates we will go to heaven and there is no millennium? Sorry I do not mean to label you, just not sure what you believe.

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
There is no resurrection at the 2nd coming after the gt.

Rev 14 has two harvest gatherings of Gods people BEFORE the second coming.
The living DO NOT precede the dead.
When are the OT saints resurrected then? David has to be in the millennium. Is this at Rev 14 you would say? Mid-trib?

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
The Church will be in the air with Christ ([high] above the earth) during the Wrath of God.
So pre-trib? Or what do you consider wrath of God? Some say its just the vials, some say its destruction of the earth. Is there a name for your position?

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
2 THESSALONIANS 1: CHRIST COMES WITH HIS MIGHTY ANGELS AND GLORIFIED SAINTS
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power;
10 When He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
dear friend doesnt this verses disprove idea of pre-trib rapture? dont know why you would quote it. it say the rest comes at the same time as Jesus is revealed in flaming fire from heaven which is second advent?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I will try to post something later on sometime - when I have the time...

In the meanwhile, consider this:

There is no U-turn.
I am patiently WAITING!

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
BLUTO QUOTE :"
, "But He answered and said, Truly I say to you, I do not know you." And at vs13, "BE ON THE ALERT THEN, for you do not know the day or the hour." I also suggest you read the rest of Matthew 25 because Jesus is making the same point.

And as a side note, the 4 most lethal words in the Bible as far as I'm concerned can be found at Matthew 7:22,23, "Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Yor name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?" vs23, "And then I will declare to them, "I NEVER KNEW YOU;" depart from Me."

LOL,2 separate dynamics that you recklessly combine.
He addresses the foolish virgins (saved believers) as "not known"...which you incorrectly attempt to blend into "never knew"..pssst that means "never saved".

Then you invoke the Holy Spirit while you smear those two oppostes together.

It is comical how postribs need so many changes in the 10 virgin parable.
You just did that.
Lol
So tell me absolutely, how do you know the foolish virgins are saved? :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

presidente

May 29, 2013
I just did in the post that you responded to, which is the gathering of the church described in John 14:1-3, I Cor.15:51-53 and I Thess.4:16-17.

The other gathering is found in Matt.24:30-31 when Jesus returns to the earth to end the age, where at which time, He sends His angels out to gather those who will have made it alive through the entire tribulation period.

The Lord's promise to gather His church: (John 14:1-3, I Cor.15:51-53, I Thess.4:16-17)
None of this is evidence for pre-trib. I am not asking for a ride on the pre-trib highway of circular reasoning. I am asking for the on-ramp. Where do you come up with pre-trib....from scripture... in the first place.

Why shouldn't I take a common-sense approach that if Jesus wrote about His parousia (coming) and Paul wrote about it, that they are talking about the same thing?

Look at these passages. I f you look at Matthew 24:30-31 in context, Christ's parousia happens after the great tribulation. If you read I Thessalonians 4:16-17 in context, it happens at Christ's parousia. Paul refers to the coming of our Lord Jesus CHrist and our gathering unto him in II Thess. 2:1, which pre-tribbers typically take to refer to the rapture. But Matthew 24:30-31 sets the gathering at the parousia.

If you assume pretrib and make this refer to two different comings of Christ, two different gatherings of the church and/or elect, and eisegete that into the text, then you can read it that way. Notice that other scripture uses 'elect' in reference to the church. The problem is this is that it is not reason to assume two second comings of Christ or two 'gatherings' of the elect.

The end of Revelation tells of the New Jerusalem descending out of heaven after the 1000 years. Christ went to prepare a place for us. Trying to make John 14:1-3 out as proof of pre-trib isn't work when there are other scenarios in scripture that fulfill it.

Since it is clear that believers are not appointed to suffer God's wrath, then the Lord will keep His promise to come and take us back to the Father's house prior to said wrath. Because Jesus already satisfied God's wrath on behalf of every believer, then we cannot and will not go through it.
This is the same type of reasoning that gets us doctrines like purgatory, limbo, and the idea that you have to confess your sins to a priest. They take some kind of Biblical issue that seems to be a problem and spin a whole doctrine out of it.

In the past example we see in history, God preserved His people when He poured out judgments in Egypt--which is similar in some ways to some things we see in Revelation. There is also the issue that Paul, whose immediate audience was first century (or centuries) Christians who are already asleep in Christ, that they were not appointed unto wrath but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. Is Paul talking about living on earth during a time when God pours out wrath on it, or is He talking about their not being objects of God's wrath, but rather of mercy? Then you are also assuming a certain chronology to Revelation as opposed to some of these things being pictures of events that happen at the same time.

This is one of the problems that comes with entrenching yourself in a theological position and then using interpretation of apocalyptic literature as your primary approach to eschatology? The arguments you have for pre-trib are not weighty (or conclusive) enough to outweigh direct teaching of scripture on the matter, or to posit two parousia's or two gatherings of two different elects in the eschatalogical passages.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Why shouldn't I take a common-sense approach that if Jesus wrote about His parousia (coming) and Paul wrote about it, that they are talking about the same thing?

Look at these passages. I f you look at Matthew 24:30-31 in context, Christ's parousia happens after the great tribulation. If you read I Thessalonians 4:16-17 in context, it happens at Christ's parousia. Paul refers to the coming of our Lord Jesus CHrist and our gathering unto him in II Thess. 2:1, which pre-tribbers typically take to refer to the rapture. But Matthew 24:30-31 sets the gathering at the parousia.

If you assume pretrib and make this refer to two different comings of Christ, two different gatherings of the church and/or elect, and eisegete that into the text, then you can read it that way. Notice that other scripture uses 'elect' in reference to the church. The problem is this is that it is not reason to assume two second comings of Christ or two 'gatherings' of the elect.
this is what i wanted to say. part that i underlined. thanks presidente. talk to me. why wouldnt anyone assume its just one coming? especially since parousia is teh definite article like the coming. the singular that one particular coming.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
dear friend doesnt this verses disprove idea of pre-trib rapture? dont know why you would quote it. it say the rest comes at the same time as Jesus is revealed in flaming fire from heaven which is second advent?
I believe you are misunderstanding the passage. "When He comes to be glorified in His saints" corresponds to what is said in Matthew 24:30: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of Heaven with power and great glory.

1. This is in contrast to the first coming of Christ in humility and humiliation.

2. When He comes in "great glory" He is also "glorified in His saints" since they are metaphorically called "the clouds of Heaven". There are no clouds of water vapor in God's Heaven, since those clouds belong to the earth's atmosphere. But the multitude of saints all dressed in white and radiating light and surrounding Christ appear as clouds to those on earth. And surrounding them are the clouds of holy angels.

3. That passage speaks of His "mighty angels", "flaming fire", and "vengeance". This has nothing to do with the Rapture, but with the battle of Armageddon, which is AFTER th Great Tribulation. Therefore this passage supports the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church. How could the saints accompany Christ at His Second Coming from Heaven, unless they were ALREADY in Heaven?

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
I believe you are misunderstanding the passage. "When He comes to be glorified in His saints" corresponds to what is said in Matthew 24:30: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of Heaven with power and great glory.

1. This is in contrast to the first coming of Christ in humility and humiliation.

2. When He comes in "great glory" He is also "glorified in His saints" since they are metaphorically called "the clouds of Heaven". There are no clouds of water vapor in God's Heaven, since those clouds belong to the earth's atmosphere. But the multitude of saints all dressed in white and radiating light and surrounding Christ appear as clouds to those on earth. And surrounding them are the clouds of holy angels.

3. That passage speaks of His "mighty angels", "flaming fire", and "vengeance". This has nothing to do with the Rapture, but with the battle of Armageddon, which is AFTER th Great Tribulation. Therefore this passage supports the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church. How could the saints accompany Christ at His Second Coming from Heaven, unless they were ALREADY in Heaven?
hey this is great way to look at it. thanks nehemiah i never saw it. that makes sense. thats one verse off my list. you wont ever see me bring it up against pre-trib rapture again

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
1 THESSALONIANS 5 [9] For God hath NOT APPOINTED US TO WRATH, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, [10] Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

The Rapturist claim we are raptured off to heaven because we are not appointed to wrath.

1 THESSALONIANS 4 [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and SO SHALL WE EVER BE WITH THE LORD.

We will be with Jesus from here on in
You are correct, we will be with Jesus from that point forward.

In the scripture that you posted above, the dead in Christ rise first in their immortal and glorified bodies After that the believers who are still alive will be changed immortal and glorified (I Cor.15:51-53) and will be caught up with those who will have just resurrected. At this point the entire church will be present to meet the Lord in the air. Then you must include John 14:1-3 where the Lord says that He went to the Father's house to prepare places for us and that He would come back to get us to take us to the Father's house, so that were He is we may be also. It is tantamount to bring in all of the related scriptures regarding this issue in order to come to a right conclusion.

REVELATION 19 [14] And THE ARMIES WHICH WERE IN HEAVEN FOLLOWED HIM UPON WHITE HORSES, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. [15] And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth THE WINEPRESS OF THE FIERCENESS AND WRATH OF ALMIGHTY GOD. [16] And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Here we find Jesus returning to earth. We are with Him and He will be executing Gods wrath upon this earth. We are on this earth during the wrath. Again i say, the Rapturist claim we will be raptured to heaven to avoid the wrath of God.
Wall, the scripture that you posted above takes place after God's wrath, after the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments, not before. Revelation 19:11-21 is a detailed account of the Lord's return to the earth after God's wrath has taken place. It is at this time when the beast and the false prophet will be thrown into the lake of fire alive (Rev.19:20). And it is the same time when Satan will be seized and thrown into the Abyss.

The scripture above takes place after the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments have completed. During the time of God's wrath, the church will remain in heaven to be judged at the Bema seat of Christ (2 Cor.5:10) and to attend the wedding of the Lamb. When the armies which follow Christ out of heaven on white horses, takes place after the 7th bowl has been poured out, which completes God's wrath. When we follow Christ out of heaven, the beast and the kings of the earth will be gathered at Armageddon where all will be killed by that double-edged sword. This is the Lord coming to establish His millennial kingdom.

Your error is that you just have the timing wrong. Jesus, the church and the angels, do not descend to the earth until after God's wrath is completed and this to establish His millennial kingdom.