What's are the "don'ts" of a first date?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
No talking about exes or listing all the reasons the person shouldn't be dating you, lol.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Speaking from experience of many first dates I would say don't pick up your date in a dirty car with the backseat full of discarded McDonald's trash. Clean your ride inside and out and hang an air freshener on your rear view mirror. Keep a supply of breath mints in the glove compartment or center console in case you get lucky.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
List them below. God bless. 🙏
Do you have a first date soon, or just topic for fun?

Quick thoughts on the subject.

Don't spend a lot on first date.
Don't waste your time.
Don't forget to not waste time or money.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Don't talk about yourself (brag) the entire date...
Don't talk about Politics or Sex or How many kids you want to have when you get married...
Don't forget to ask her lots of questions about her, her family, and her favorite things...
Don't interrogate her...
Don't forget to be honorable and respectful...

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Don't talk about money.

Don't go without an exit strategy.

Don't worry.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Don’t swoop in for the big fancy dinner right off the bat. Do something fun and light hearted. It will make less pressure on both of you.

if you’re going to a movie DO NOT try to kiss them during. They will not expect it, won’t be able to even react to it because of the nature of theater.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
On a more light hearted note:

Don’t pick your nose.

Don’t use your pinky to get that last bit of food out of your teeth.

Don’t ask for picture of their family/friends if you can’t smile and say they look wonderful (when they absolutely don’t.)

Don’t say all cats are mean (because that’s just not true)

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Don’t swoop in for the big fancy dinner right off the bat. Do something fun and light hearted. It will make less pressure on both of you.

if you’re going to a movie DO NOT try to kiss them during. They will not expect it, won’t be able to even react to it because of the nature of theater.
I could have used that 2nd tip 41 years ago on my first first date... Haha

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
I've never did any of the things listed, but the women usually asked me about all that stuff anyway (money, past relationships, politics, religion, etc). I answer everything because you got to figure they'll find out eventually. And most of it is important to know, you can't distinguish between a slob and a saint without coming clean, hiding negative information and putting on a false front only prolongs the inevitable break-up. My advise would be to let them know the real you upfront, just be yourself... But then again, that's probably why I'm single :)? So maybe a few white lies wouldn't hurt?

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I've never did any of the things listed, but the women usually asked me about all that stuff anyway (money, past relationships, politics, religion, etc). I answer everything because you got to figure they'll find out eventually. And most of it is important to know, you can't distinguish between a slob and a saint without coming clean, hiding negative information and putting on a false front only prolongs the inevitable break-up. My advise would be to let them know the real you upfront, just be yourself... But then again, that's probably why I'm single :)? So maybe a few white lies wouldn't hurt?
Nah I think you got the exact right idea. If they ask, tell the truth. It makes it so they know you and you know them, and if you don’t fit you’ll know that too 👌

Jan 15, 2019
Durban
Do you have a first date soon, or just topic for fun?

Quick thoughts on the subject.

Don't spend a lot on first date.
Don't waste your time.
Don't forget to not waste time or money.
Nope no first date. Just posting a relevant thread for all to see and benefit from.

Jan 15, 2019
Durban

Thanks for info. Lols maybe I should have rephrased it better, but I'm not going on a date. I just meant in a general sense. Thanks so much thou.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Dont complinent her mustache...... ahe probably wouldnt appreciate it.