When did the Law expire?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Your words are in direct conflict with what is written in the Bible.

NIV 2 Timothy 3:16;

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness"
 
"That is not repentance" - this is the strangest statement I have ever read, from
someone claiming to follow Christ.

It demonstrates the total gulf in emotional experience and walk with the Lord.

It is not something you can bridge, it is not an opinion, it is how the Kingdom is
established in peoples lives, and giving up of an individual to walk alone their way,
and submitting to who Christ is today in the here and now.

And to say this is not repentance, is to dismiss everything Jesus came to bring
to a sinful world. But it is also what I have been testifying to for over a year
with different people and their attitude towards the Lord.

There is no compromise with sin in the Lords eyes, or passing over unrepentant
sin in the believer.

No, peter, I misunderstood him too. If you go back and look, he bolded the part of my post that he was addressing. He wasn't saying that my whole post was not repentance. He was only saying it about a part.
 
forgive, me, I saw you agree with a person who loves to try to enforce law in everyone. If you agreed with him, I could not but assume you were saying what he said was ok.

Well, I didn't know that he did that. I only saw that I agreed with what he said in the post I "liked."
I have to agree that God has made me obedient to His law after I began to trust HIM to do His will in me. I haven't murdered in my heart in a while. So I do see that He is fulfilling the law in me.
 
Right, by going back to the Law.

How is a giving up of trying to follow the law and just depending on God to make me good and obedient a returning to the law...? I think you are not reading my posts carefully because you have already made up your mind that I haven't met God or received His Spirit...

I don't understand where the block is. Jesus followed Gods law perfectly. He never murdered in His heart, in spirit. Why does it cause consternation that He wants to make us more and more like Jesus through the work of the Holy Spirit? That He wants us to be holy in our walk and life? I don't understand how we can come to the point where if God, through grace, faith and His Spirit makes one to not murder any more, it means they are following the law in their own effort. I have repeatedly stated that I did try in my own effort for quite some time and never could stop murdering but that once I gave up trying to follow that law and said He would have to make me good if I was ever to be good, I began to have victory. I don't know how Gods' work in a man has now become unallowable...
 
How is a giving up of trying to follow the law and just depending on God to make me good and obedient a returning to the law...? I think you are not reading my posts carefully because you have already made up your mind that I haven't met God or received His Spirit...

I don't understand where the block is. Jesus followed Gods law perfectly. He never murdered in His heart, in spirit. Why does it cause consternation that He wants to make us more and more like Jesus through the work of the Holy Spirit? That He wants us to be holy in our walk and life? I don't understand how we can come to the point where if God, through grace, faith and His Spirit makes one to not murder any more, it means they are following the law in their own effort. I have repeatedly stated that I did try in my own effort for quite some time and never could stop murdering but that once I gave up trying to follow that law and said He would have to make me good if I was ever to be good, I began to have victory. I don't know how Gods' work in a man has now become unallowable...

If you read through your posts I think you will see where it appears that you are mixing law with grace, and the Law will only ever condemn us. Your later posts here seem to be saying something different. Just call me confused......:)
 
As a newbie in this blog, what I see here is disagreement. Most of that disagreement seems to be be caused by one common denominator. Some posters will not accept the entire Bible, or even the entire NT. These same people ignore and simply refuse to acknowledge what they are doing. They harden their hearts to any verse that does not support their argument. It's the same ole' everybody else is doing it routine. But, that is between them and Christ.

In the end, is this discussion nothing but a waste of time since it changes nobody's beliefs, nor does it promote unity in Christ?
Do you have any suggestions?:)
 
So tell us Peter Do you remember every sin you have committed since birth. I mean you must, because you mocked me when I said that is not what repentance was. In fact, Do you even right now know every sin there is one may commit? Did you know that at birth? So how could you POSSIBLY say repent means to repent of individual sins peter. Please. Do tell.

Repent means to change ones thinking, it does not mean I have to confess every sin.

God did not ask you to name every sin to be saved, he asked you to have faith in his word and his work.. That means admitting you are a sinner, and as such, condemned and judged rightly by God. .

EG - I am not mocking you. This is where you do not understand us. This testimony
is about experience, of conviction of sin, so seeing failure and recognising this failure,
at levels that humbles us. It takes words in scripture and makes it real for the soul.

Now this appears not to have happened to you, so you look at it as if it is a doctrinal
belief system. Read experiences of revivals down through the centuries, and this is
a very common experience, a deep conviction of failure and need.

Now in the past you have talked about something similar, but maybe we have been
talking with similar words but different meaning.

Now some grow up in a restrained church culture who have never let go, always
repressed, always struggling to be good. If you ever let go, been true to yourself
deep within you, you would understand the dilemma between who we are and who
Christ is. When you see this, what stunned testified to is this emotional realisation.

It makes who we are, it bring Christ as our Lord, the one we listen to, it binds us as
a people. It is also what attracted me to Jesus's words and promise and what puzzels
me about you and your groups position.

It shows me that what speaks to our hearts defines us. You are stirred deeply by your
view of faith, and repulsed by our experiences. But it cannot detract from this experience
and insight, like switching on a light in a dark world.

What also troubles me, is these experiences appears to be very similar to Paul, Peters, Johns
writing, which for whatever reason your group ignores or is blind to probably because of your
similar emotional backgrounds and experience. But such is much of life.

God bless you, may Christs love dwell richly in your heart.
 
If you read through your posts I think you will see where it appears that you are mixing law with grace, and the Law will only ever condemn us. Your later posts here seem to be saying something different. Just call me confused......:)

It's okay. I seem to confuse EG in the same way! :)
He loves me though. I love him very much too.
It's good to talk and understand each other more and more.
God is so huge that we can't cover all of it in one conversation.
I love talking with you guys so much.
 
Last edited:
Can Faith and works exist together.
Can someone obey the law and be 100% saved by faith in Gods grace.?
 
Remember Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.
Faith, when shown by the expression of same, is an expression of love.
 
Last edited:
We obey now because we know Love. God is Love. I know when He entered into my heart all I wanted, and want, is to know Him and to please Him. Pleasing Love is trusting His Wisdoem, and why not, He is the beginning of wisdom with no end.

You know a lot more than you thought. God bless you always. O, of course we are saved by grace only, but grace does not produce children of disobedience............ Good morning from Iberia....


This is what I can't understand too. I wonder how people can't see that He begins to make us obedient to the law through the Holy Spirit's work. If His law was now of no account, why would He make me to be obedient to it through faith and love? Why would the Spirit go through such teachings for me about what murder truly was and what self love truly was, unless He didn't want these things in me and in control of me?
 
Last edited:
So it is possible to believe that you are saved by faith and you can desire to obey Gods laws, commands, teachings, and not be a legalist. If i obey God because i love Him and keep His commandments because they are loving and Holy and good than i can't see any fault in that.

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.


Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.


1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.


1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
 
No man can be faulted for wanting to pleas His Father in heaven. No man can be faulted for obedience to Him.
There are so many who do not understand what Jesus teaches concerning the law, and how He relaxed it for those who did not yet know by informing man that the three points being left out of the law were, and still can be, faith, mercy and justice.

There are many who know Jesus teaches us how to obey within the parameters of grace yet they tell God' children not to obey the Law of Moses, pretending Jesus Christ, our Teacher, did not explain the how, what and why under grace. He did most defintely teach all but many who are enemies of the Word teach against obedience.

These people do not know true Love and mercy, or they are deliberately attempting to lead the innocent astray.

Not to worry for noting will separate them from the Love of Jesus Christ.


So it is possible to believe that you are saved by faith and you can desire to obey Gods laws, commands, teachings, and not be a legalist. If i obey God because i love Him and keep His commandments because they are loving and Holy and good than i can't see any fault in that.

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.


Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.


1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.


1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
 
There are many who know Jesus teaches us how to obey within the parameters of grace yet they tell God' children not to obey the Law of Moses, pretending Jesus Christ, our Teacher, did not explain the how, what and why under grace. He did most defintely teach all but many who are enemies of the Word teach against obedience.

Maybe people should stop referring to the law of Moses, because Moses was only the messenger :) if we understand that it is actually God's law we might bring together that God does not change and we should still read His law to understand Him.

We also have people connecting law-keeping to salvation as if we are Jews. There is none so blind as they that won't see.
 
No man can be faulted for wanting to pleas His Father in heaven. No man can be faulted for obedience to Him.
There are so many who do not understand what Jesus teaches concerning the law, and how He relaxed it for those who did not yet know by informing man that the three points being left out of the law were, and still can be, faith, mercy and justice.

There are many who know Jesus teaches us how to obey within the parameters of grace yet they tell God' children not to obey the Law of Moses, pretending Jesus Christ, our Teacher, did not explain the how, what and why under grace. He did most defintely teach all but many who are enemies of the Word teach against obedience.

These people do not know true Love and mercy, or they are deliberately attempting to lead the innocent astray.

Not to worry for noting will separate them from the Love of Jesus Christ.

Yes, I agree, but I wouldn't phrase it that He relaxed it. He just goes at it from the inside, instead of outward obeying, since sin springs from my heart to defile me. He teaches me the spirit and truth of His law so that I won't murder in spirit and if I don't murder in spirit, then the outside will just be clean as well.
 
Maybe people should stop referring to the law of Moses, because Moses was only the messenger :) if we understand that it is actually God's law we might bring together that God does not change and we should still read His law to understand Him.

We also have people connecting law-keeping to salvation as if we are Jews. There is none so blind as they that won't see.

Jesus called it the Law of Moses. Christians have nothing to do with the keeping of any of the law of Moses now that Christ ahs come. We live by the life of Christ in us now NOT by the Law of Moses.

Luke 24:44 (NASB)
[SUP]44 [/SUP] Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled."

All this "going back to the Law" stuff sounds good until you actually see it for what it really is - replacing the life and work of Christ for the keeping of the Law of Moses given by God for a specific purpose. We can trust the Holy spirit in us now in the New Covenant.