Who is Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 16, 2021
Egypt
Can't know God .. or don't know God?
I won't lie to you, there may be a force or a group of invisible forces that sometimes appear to control things around us, but it is not necessarily considered a god or a group of gods hiding somewhere. As for the books we have in our hands now, they contain silly things that do not rise to a high level.
Maybe each person should have a book in which they express their own God. Saying "I don't know" is much better than believing in something that has no evidence other than ink on paper.

Aug 10, 2023
Jesus is the Son of God. He is God come in the flesh. The Lamb, slain, Who is worthy. The One Who has the keys to death and Hades, and the One Who has the words of life. As the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father except by Him.

Jesus is the long awaited Jewish Messiah, King of the Jews descended from David. Since He is resurrected and lives, He is still a Jew. Even after ascending into Heaven, glorified to the right hand of God, and ministering in the Heavenly Temple as our High Priest, He remains a Jew. This can be demonstrated, in part, from some of His statements in Revelation. Hosanna in the highest!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Maybe each person should have a book in which they express their own God.
That's a very small idea, quite unworthy of God Himself. God (capital-G, in the Christian sense) is not a projection of the human mind, but an independent, self-existent entity Who stands far above both human intellect and imagination. He is consistent in His nature, and though human experience of Him varies, He is not actually a different "god" with one person than with any other. The confusion arises from people wrongly attributing to God what are merely a physical phenomena or, worse, encounters with an enemy of God who seeks to distort our understanding of Him. Resulting from such are all non-Christian religion, heresy, and atheism, both intellectual and practical.

Saying "I don't know" is much better than believing in something that has no evidence other than ink on paper.
By using "better", you are applying an argument of objective value (i.e.: morality), which in turn requires an objective standard of good and bad, which itself requires an objective "giver" of such standards.

Consider this too:

Do you, yourself, as an individual person, claim to know the experiences, relationships, and knowledge of all other people such that you can declare categorically, "Saying, 'I don't know' is much better than believing in something that has no evidence other than ink on paper"?

Just because "evidence beyond ink" is not within your grasp does not logically lead to the conclusion that such evidence does not exist.

To put it another way (and with a sharper point), you are free to believe what you are comfortable believing, but don't pretend that you know enough to impose your disbelief on others. :)

Dec 16, 2021
Egypt
That's a very small idea, quite unworthy of God Himself. God (capital-G, in the Christian sense) is not a projection of the human mind, but an independent, self-existent entity Who stands far above both human intellect and imagination. He is consistent in His nature, and though human experience of Him varies, He is not actually a different "god" with one person than with any other. The confusion arises from people wrongly attributing to God what are merely a physical phenomena or, worse, encounters with an enemy of God who seeks to distort our understanding of Him. Resulting from such are all non-Christian religion, heresy, and atheism, both intellectual and practical.

By using "better", you are applying an argument of objective value (i.e.: morality), which in turn requires an objective standard of good and bad, which itself requires an objective "giver" of such standards.

Consider this too:

Do you, yourself, as an individual person, claim to know the experiences, relationships, and knowledge of all other people such that you can declare categorically, "Saying, 'I don't know' is much better than believing in something that has no evidence other than ink on paper"?

Just because "evidence beyond ink" is not within your grasp does not logically lead to the conclusion that such evidence does not exist.

To put it another way (and with a sharper point), you are free to believe what you are comfortable believing, but don't pretend that you know enough to impose your disbelief on others. :)
impose?!! me ?!
where did I impose my disbelief on others?
I think that you who imposes his belief (ur god) on me !!
At least I have the courage to say that I don't know, and that drives me to always search away from the myths of ancient religions written by primitive people thousands of years ago.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I won't lie to you, there may be a force or a group of invisible forces that sometimes appear to control things around us, but it is not necessarily considered a god or a group of gods hiding somewhere. As for the books we have in our hands now, they contain silly things that do not rise to a high level.
Maybe each person should have a book in which they express their own God. Saying "I don't know" is much better than believing in something that has no evidence other than ink on paper.
No one should be surprised at this answer. This is exactly the conclusion the fallen mind always comes to. He recognizes an unseen force, but rather than ascribe it to God, he ascribes it to creature and not the Creator. You can read about it in Romans 1.
So @Egyw0lf , let me introduce you to the God who is unknown to you. In the beginning, He created. He made a special creation called man. He placed His image upon man and tasked him with filling the creation with this image so that the knowledge of His glory would fill the earth. But man failed in that he sinned and the image of God was marred in men so as to be largely unrecognizable. Being a God of mercy, He made a way for His image to be restored in man that His original purpose should be fulfilled. That way is Jesus. All who come to Him for His help will indeed find refuge in Him. I beseech you to call upon His name. You'll never regret having done so.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand

Did you know there are 1000s of manuscripts that back up the bible?

No other book in history comes close.

Most scholars accept that the bible accurately records what the people of the time believed. So that what the bible is saying is a true representation of what they believed.

So the question.... About Jesus... The followers of Jesus died believing He was risen from the dead. Mostly had martyrs deaths.

There were also people around who could say the were wrong.

So they were dieing for something they believed in, with people who knew who Jesus was..still around. And when the NT was written...there were those still alive who saw it all, who could have said it was false. But that isn't what happened.

The Jews who crucified Jesus, believed Jesus wasn't God...but they did believe He was a real person and He claimed to be God and that the tomb is empty.

For the followers of Jesus...why would they die for Jesus, in the time of others who knew Jesus, if Jesus wasn't who He claimed to be?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
impose?!! me ?!
where did I impose my disbelief on others?
Yes, impose: "Saying 'I don't know' is much better...". That's an objective assertion; an imposition of moral judgement.

I think that you who imposes his belief (ur god) on me !!
How is "you are free to believe what you are comfortable believing" imposing anything on you?

At least I have the courage to say that I don't know....
That's another moral assertion in the absence of a moral foundation. It's also self-righteous.

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
The evidence is plain to see if you read the prophecies about Jesus in the old testament, you will see the they were all fulfilled, the bible is a composite book by many writers inspired by GOD, when you read it you see there is a constant wisdom that is not from man but by GOD!. The link below is one of many you can find.

https://empower.global/the-mathematical-probability-that-jesus-is-the-christ/

Some web sites will explain these prophecy in detail with even a calculated probability that states this could never occur by chance. there are also documents by Josephus. see link below;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus

Do not miss the boat, your after life depends on this.

Peace

Dec 16, 2021
Egypt
Did you know there are 1000s of manuscripts that back up the bible?

No other book in history comes close.

Most scholars accept that the bible accurately records what the people of the time believed. So that what the bible is saying is a true representation of what they believed.

So the question.... About Jesus... The followers of Jesus died believing He was risen from the dead. Mostly had martyrs deaths.

There were also people around who could say the were wrong.

So they were dieing for something they believed in, with people who knew who Jesus was..still around. And when the NT was written...there were those still alive who saw it all, who could have said it was false. But that isn't what happened.

The Jews who crucified Jesus, believed Jesus wasn't God...but they did believe He was a real person and He claimed to be God and that the tomb is empty.

For the followers of Jesus...why would they die for Jesus, in the time of others who knew Jesus, if Jesus wasn't who He claimed to be?
The accuracy of the manuscripts of the Bible is a complex topic with various perspectives. While the original manuscripts no longer exist, scholars use textual criticism and manuscript evidence to analyze and compare different copies and translations. The presence of variants and differences among the manuscripts is acknowledged, but efforts are made to determine the most accurate readings. Ultimately, the accuracy of the Bible is a matter of faith and personal interpretation for individuals and communities.

Dec 16, 2021
Egypt
Yes, impose: "Saying 'I don't know' is much better...". That's an objective assertion; an imposition of moral judgement.

How is "you are free to believe what you are comfortable believing" imposing anything on you?

That's another moral assertion in the absence of a moral foundation. It's also self-righteous.
There is a huge difference between believing that some rules are objective (sure, Christians really want to believe this) and whether those rules are actually objective. Objectivity does not rest on some set of people claiming that some rules are valid for all. Hundreds of religions all make that same claim for their own rules, and they can’t all be right, so that’s not any path to objectivity. Obviously, Christians want to believe that the Bible offers objective moral rules, but such blind faith does not make it true. At most, such faith can make it true for them, but that relativity is the opposite of objectivity. Objectivity cannot depend on who you are, or what faith commitment you have made. What if some scientists ran around claiming true objectivity for their theories, just because they all are loyal alumni of Harvard?

Both the Bible and the way Christians live exemplifies this lack of moral objectivity. The Bible just isn’t good enough. Ultimately, any selected list of moral rules from the Bible will be hopelessly inadequate for modern life.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
There is a huge difference between believing that some rules are objective (sure, Christians really want to believe this) and whether those rules are actually objective. Objectivity does not rest on some set of people claiming that some rules are valid for all. Hundreds of religions all make that same claim for their own rules, and they can’t all be right, so that’s not any path to objectivity. Obviously, Christians want to believe that the Bible offers objective moral rules, but such blind faith does not make it true. At most, such faith can make it true for them, but that relativity is the opposite of objectivity. Objectivity cannot depend on who you are, or what faith commitment you have made. What if some scientists ran around claiming true objectivity for their theories, just because they all are loyal alumni of Harvard?

Both the Bible and the way Christians live exemplifies this lack of moral objectivity. The Bible just isn’t good enough. Ultimately, any selected list of moral rules from the Bible will be hopelessly inadequate for modern life.
Your last statement would be true if you had added...for those who know not the Lord.

Dec 16, 2021
Egypt
No one should be surprised at this answer. This is exactly the conclusion the fallen mind always comes to. He recognizes an unseen force, but rather than ascribe it to God, he ascribes it to creature and not the Creator. You can read about it in Romans 1.
So @Egyw0lf , let me introduce you to the God who is unknown to you. In the beginning, He created. He made a special creation called man. He placed His image upon man and tasked him with filling the creation with this image so that the knowledge of His glory would fill the earth. But man failed in that he sinned and the image of God was marred in men so as to be largely unrecognizable. Being a God of mercy, He made a way for His image to be restored in man that His original purpose should be fulfilled. That way is Jesus. All who come to Him for His help will indeed find refuge in Him. I beseech you to call upon His name. You'll never regret having done so.
I think you forgot to introduce me the god who killed about 20,000,000 (The Flood of Noah)===> Gen 7:23

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I think you forgot to introduce me the god who killed about 20,000,000 (The Flood of Noah)===> Gen 7:23
Seems you have already been introduced to Him...in His sovereignty, holiness, justice, and power. Knowing this, why is there no fear on your part before Him? The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Do you believe you shall escape the same fate by responding in the same manner?