Who wants to get married????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm siding with Lynx. I'm not to keen on getting stuck with someone for the rest of my life until I know that I've got someone I really want to be stuck with.
That's a good way of putting it. If you are going to be stuck with someone, and you will if you marry, at least that person is someone who will become your best friend.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I would like to meet a friend first and in time that grow leading to marriage. I am not in a hurry. I kind of grew up alone so I am a person who really needs my space. So far I have not met the right person.
You just never know who you are going to meet. I met my wife on this site who is also a member when I was least expected it.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
You just never know who you are going to meet. I met my wife on this site who is also a member when I was least expected it.

Yes several people seem to say it happens when you least expect it. I'm not really expecting anything to happen soon. Scary!!!!!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes several people seem to say it happens when you least expect it. I'm not really expecting anything to happen soon. Scary!!!!!
Scary yes, but perhaps in an exhilarating sort of way, like in riding a roller coaster. The first drop might be a bit unsettling but at the end of the ride you believe that the journey was well worth the cost of admission.

May 14, 2019
Hello, where are all you gals at? lol (don't be shy, you're not signing anything here)
For me right now. I am really ready to be in a relationship but all the men I find my self physically attracted to are all ethier dating or married. But also last June I had just ended a year realtionship so I'm still growing and healing from that. But I feel like I definitely want to be married and have a family

L

LittleMermaid

I've never been in love...just infatuated. I hope there is a guy out there that is special enough for me to feel that with. I want to find someone that I love so much I'm willing to serve him in whatever he needs.
I'm traditional. I want someone I could have a family with and grow old with. I don't think I'll ever give up hope. I'll the be 80 year old lady in the nursing home wheeling her wheelchair to check out all the "studs" in different rooms. Or if I get to like 45 and can no longer have kids, there's always adoption.
But really...I'm hoping to find him sometime within the next five years. lol

Apr 19, 2019
Seems like there are a lot of singles on here who are longing to be married. If you're one of the singles here who would like to meet your 'helpmeet' someday, what is stopping you and how long to you plan on waiting.
For those who want to remain single, unless your too young, what do you enjoy about being single?
It's just a thought I've had since I joined on and see so many singles that seem like they're lonesome for a partner(spouse). I'm expecting a lot of 'I'm waiting for the Lord to send the right one'.
So if this is too personal just skip it. My son just said 'be the voice for the many', I hope he's right, lol.
What is stopping me? I think I have to get my own life together, before I can be a good husband, if my worth is measured according to my achievements - that's what the world has told me, at least, and I also do not know where I will find my wife, with a new heart. God says... "Who can find her?" I hope I can, because I really do want to find her, and I do think He has something good waiting for me, I hope He does, but - He's the boss. Ask, and I will receive. One thing I do know. She will be great!
GOD! Please, give me a wife. Proverbs 31. Please!
Thanks for this post, Tabin - and thank you God, for life!

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Seems like there are a lot of singles on here who are longing to be married. If you're one of the singles here who would like to meet your 'helpmeet' someday, what is stopping you and how long to you plan on waiting.
For those who want to remain single, unless your too young, what do you enjoy about being single?
It's just a thought I've had since I joined on and see so many singles that seem like they're lonesome for a partner(spouse). I'm expecting a lot of 'I'm waiting for the Lord to send the right one'.
So if this is too personal just skip it. My son just said 'be the voice for the many', I hope he's right, lol.

1558044917546.png

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
So TabinRivCa... what are your thoughts on the subject?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I'm siding with Lynx. I'm not to keen on getting stuck with someone for the rest of my life until I know that I've got someone I really want to be stuck with.
What is stopping me? I think I have to get my own life together, before I can be a good husband, if my worth is measured according to my achievements - that's what the world has told me, at least, and I also do not know where I will find my wife, with a new heart. God says... "Who can find her?" I hope I can, because I really do want to find her, and I do think He has something good waiting for me, I hope He does, but - He's the boss. Ask, and I will receive. One thing I do know. She will be great!together.
You are welcome. I pray that our heavenly Father sends you, Little Mermaid and anyone else longing for that special one, your heart's desire. Be creative, get involved with Christian volunteering, pray and then thank God for His will to be done, everyday!

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
No idea where everything just went. I'm not typing it out again.

But to sum up.

Fear would be something to stop me.

My own problems that need attention.

As for waiting.....I don't know. Maybe till I die, maybe it'll happen in the next year. Not just something that will happen with anybody.

May 14, 2019
What is stopping me? I think I have to get my own life together, before I can be a good husband, if my worth is measured according to my achievements - that's what the world has told me, at least, and I also do not know where I will find my wife, with a new heart. God says... "Who can find her?" I hope I can, because I really do want to find her, and I do think He has something good waiting for me, I hope He does, but - He's the boss. Ask, and I will receive. One thing I do know. She will be great!
You know I think what you have to say is spot on. That's why my x left was because of my in mutureness and lack of knowing my true identity in chirst, which for the last year I've really been working on

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
So TabinRivCa... what are your thoughts on the subject?
Anyone who decides to stay single at any point in their life, should not have to be on the defense about it. It's just nice to hear their perspective.
For anyone longing to be married, I think they should be proactive about it. Getting involved with Church functions, going to female & male Bible studies and even going to online dating sites. I would review the site first and be familiar w/it's processes. I wouldn't let anyone sway me against them because I know Church people who met their mates on them and are very happy. There may be some duds on, either sex, so always pray over everything, use wisdom and be aware.
I'd say to those who want so much to be married to of course ask God. He says 'How much more good things will He give us than our earthly fathers who were good'. Then get in the Word and study all the scriptures on being a Godly spouse. Tell the Lord each day thank you, you trust Him and for His perfect will to be done in your life.
My heart just went out to some of the members who are hoping for that wife/husband so I thought I'd crack open the subject for some insight.
To those who do want to get married pray, get involved in Church activities and believe in miracles. But DON'T be anxious just be out there with a positive attitude.

G

Godsgirl83

Hello everyone! I just stumbled into this thread through someones profile activity, and as a married woman, may I make a suggestion/observation? (and if you say "no well to bad:pjust skip over, lol)
In my opinion, it is best not to go out "looking" for that special someone. Rather spend your time growing your relationship with the Lord and allow Him to bring you to one another (when you least expect it). Marriage is not a fairy tale with "happily ever after". There WILL BE hard times, even among the strongest Christian couples. He knows your strengths/ weaknesses and those of the other person. When you allow Him to put them together the results can be dynamite!
Blessings!
*stepping down from soap box.....*

H

Hamarr

I'm not sure I agree with the advice of waiting for God to bring someone to you. That sort of thing might work better when you are younger or are in college, but there are a lot of circumstances where that may not happen. Especially if you are past a certain age where you don't have a lot of options in your day to day interactions. I'm not saying necessarily to knock down doors to find someone, but putting yourself in spots where you can meet more people might be needed.

G

Godsgirl83

I'm not sure I agree with the advice of waiting for God to bring someone to you. That sort of thing might work better when you are younger or are in college, but there are a lot of circumstances where that may not happen. Especially if you are past a certain age where you don't have a lot of options in your day to day interactions. I'm not saying necessarily to knock down doors to find someone, but putting yourself in spots where you can meet more people might be needed.
Sure, but going somewhere with the focus being "I might meet them tonight!" can rob you of precious time and enjoying the journey....

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Hello everyone! I just stumbled into this thread through someones profile activity, and as a married woman, may I make a suggestion/observation? (and if you say "no well to bad:pjust skip over, lol)
In my opinion, it is best not to go out "looking" for that special someone. Rather spend your time growing your relationship with the Lord and allow Him to bring you to one another (when you least expect it). Marriage is not a fairy tale with "happily ever after". There WILL BE hard times, even among the strongest Christian couples. He knows your strengths/ weaknesses and those of the other person. When you allow Him to put them together the results can be dynamite!
Blessings!
*stepping down from soap box.....*

I remember watching a Joel Osteen sermon on you tube and he told of a story of a woman who was praying to meet someone. She waited a long time and nothing happened so she took matters into her own hands but was unsuccessful. Finally she said to God ok I will wait for you to bring someone to me and if it never happens I will be ok with that. A few weeks later she was out driving and got a flat tyre. Long story short, the guy who stopped to help her change her tyre was a Christian and was also praying to meet someone. He got her number, they dated for a while, got married and now have a couple of children. She thanks God all the time for that flat tyre.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sure, but going somewhere with the focus being "I might meet them tonight!" can rob you of precious time and enjoying the journey....
Precisely. You can go to a great party and have a lousy time, miss all the fun, because you're too busy being disappointed that you didn't meet the love of your life there.

Ridiculous? Surely! But a lot of people do it anyway.

G

Godsgirl83

Hey, I'm just speaking from experience. I WAS one who was always going places wondering if I was going to meet him there............ I cannot look back and say I truly remember enjoying much back then b/c it WAS a hindrance. Even christian events where I could've meet a lot of great people and made some good friends, and had opportunities to get closer to the Lord, but was to preoccupied with the "what-ifs" and "could they be....."
And for those who think they are "to old" or "past their prime":
I have a dear friend who is in his 70's. He was married many many many many years ago (she walked out with another man......foolish lady, this guy is a catch!) Well he recently meet a nice lady at a funeral of all places! He wasn't looking for a g/f or mate either. They just were introduced as both were standing talking with the deceased family and hit it off. Few weeks later they both asked the family to pass their information to the other and have been inseparable ever since.