Why do so many people say they are saved by Jesus when, by their own admission,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. We are saved by grace Through faith.

Romans 10:9-10If we confess with our mouths and Believe in our Heart That Jesus Christ is Lord, we shall be saved.

Jesus said to believe in HIM, and you shall be saved. John chapter 3:16-19

The Holy Spirit has enabled one to believe and see their need for Christ.
I agree that the Holy Spirit enables a person to believe in spiritual things, and according to 1 Cor 2:14, we must be born again spiritually with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit before we can believe in spiritual things.

We are saved by grace (Eph 2:1-5) through Christ's faith (Gal 2:16) and not through our faith, lest any man should boast (Eph 2:8).

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
they don't even know if they are choosing to believe Jesus correctly or not?

Why don't they believe it is necessary to believe Jesus?

A good question. I have known people who say they are Christians but who obviously do not understand what it means. One person I find impossible to reason with believes she is automatically a Christian destined for heaven because she does lots of charity work. She said she has friends who are far more Christian than those who attend church because they are so very kind.
I simply pointed out that belief and acceptance of Jesus as Saviour is central to being a Christian. She just looked at me blankly. She also admits she never reads the Bible.

I do despair sometimes!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
my day I truly believed i was saved was the day somebody told me what baptism of fire was
I cannot pin-point a particular day. I had been going to church after someone took me a few times. They had explained to me Who Jesus was in that it is Jesus God sees when He looks at us, after coming to believe, by grace through faith, in the shed righteous blood of Jesus Christ. He did not explain it that way; those are the words I often use. What he said was that Jesus was like an envelope, covering our sin, so God does not see it when He looks at us. He sees His Son. After that I recall thinking and even saying to that person, "Oh no! I am becoming one of them", which is evidence of my continuing resistance to the idea of becoming Christian. However, I was seeking answers, and in going to church, and 12 step meetings, I met a woman I had known previously... she was attending the same church I was, and was going to be hosting a table when they presented the Alpha Course that year. She invited me, and I agreed to attend, partly to maintain my connection with her (she is a very strong Christian). At some point during the course, I realized I needed no more convincing of the Truth of God's revealed written Word. I was baptized at the end of the course, and now I will post the first three videos to newcomers who are new to the faith, or people who are seeking answers.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I agree that the Holy Spirit enables a person to believe in spiritual things, and according to 1 Cor 2:14, we must be born again spiritually with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit before we can believe in spiritual things.

We are saved by grace (Eph 2:1-5) through Christ's faith (Gal 2:16) and not through our faith, lest any man should boast (Eph 2:8).
Some people believe in spiritual things long before they become Christian.

They simply do not know or believe in the Biblical God.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
if there not saved and you think there not what then

Just saw this.

What then? IMO, they need tp find one or more sanctified believers to kneel down and pray with them to ask Jesus to come into their lives as Lord and Savior. The sanctified believers should lay hands on the one seeking salvation, and pray over them.

The only way to know one is saved is to experience salvations occurrence. Those who are saved, KNOW they are saved.