WHY DO WOMEN START WITH THE "JUST WANNA BE FIENDS?"

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Is it wrong of me to LOL at they typo in the thread title?


because it sooooooo changes the meaning


Sometimes a typo is just a 'Freundian Slip.'

funny-Freud-slip-meaning-comic.jpg
 
But even Freud said sometimes a bandana is just a bandana.
 
tourist: How much is it worth to you for me to never tell your wife you said that? ;)
 
I think sometimes it's possible to communicate too much and lose all the mystery in a relationship. So there is a tension both ways.

C.

In the past I would never have considered this a possibility (I had never had any experience in this arena, so everything was new), but I've heard others mention it before (family, a friend or two) that it can happen. I see now that this is quite possible, but for future reference, how does one avoid over sharing with their loved one? If you're honest with each other and passionate about each other and just want to share with each other, what are some steps you can take to share at a more considered pace? I see the value of mystery in the relationship, but I'm not sure how this would play out when we should be open and honest with each other etc. I'm a little confused. Does this topic need another thread? Thanks. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tintin: It deserves its own thread but such would be fruitless. It would result in either everyone agreeing "There is no guideline here" or everyone posting wildly disparate guidelines.
 
In the past I would never have considered this a possibility (I had never had any experience in this arena, so everything was new), but I've heard others mention it before (family, a friend or two) that it can happen. I see now that this is quite possible, but for future reference, how does one avoid over sharing with their loved one? If you're honest with each other and passionate about each other and just want to share with each other, what are some steps you can take to share at a more considered pace? I see the value of mystery in the relationship, but I'm not sure how this would play out when we should be open and honest with each other etc. I'm a little confused. Does this topic need another thread? Thanks. :)

New thread, new thread! How much sharing is too much sharing?
 
Cool question bro,

In a simple way, I don't talk about what I can demonstrate.

And mystery many times is taken when you try to push further than the other party is willing to go. If they say what are your dreams? And you ask them and they say something like, well I'd like to get a new job. Then you have an idea of where they are at right now in the "sharing". These are just a couple ideas that I consider without derailing this thread. :)

In the past I would never have considered this a possibility (I had never had any experience in this arena, so everything was new), but I've heard others mention it before (family, a friend or two) that it can happen. I see now that this is quite possible, but for future reference, how does one avoid over sharing with their loved one? If you're honest with each other and passionate about each other and just want to share with each other, what are some steps you can take to share at a more considered pace? I see the value of mystery in the relationship, but I'm not sure how this would play out when we should be open and honest with each other etc. I'm a little confused. Does this topic need another thread? Thanks. :)
 
In the past I would never have considered this a possibility (I had never had any experience in this arena, so everything was new), but I've heard others mention it before (family, a friend or two) that it can happen. I see now that this is quite possible, but for future reference, how does one avoid over sharing with their loved one? If you're honest with each other and passionate about each other and just want to share with each other, what are some steps you can take to share at a more considered pace? I see the value of mystery in the relationship, but I'm not sure how this would play out when we should be open and honest with each other etc. I'm a little confused. Does this topic need another thread? Thanks. :)

It could definitely be worth a new thread, but I will just say that I think it's hard to develop a hard and fast rule or set of rules about this. I think part of the delicacy of a relationship is being sensitive to where the person is at in terms of what they want to or are willing to share, and also look at that in relation to how long the couple has been together.

I'm not sure if "mystery" is really the right word, though....maybe it is. But when I think of mystery, I think more of doing things that are possibly apart from who you are to try and keep your partner interested or intrigued, almost like you're trying to help them not be bored with you, and in that sense it seems like mystery is at least in the bottom half of the list of important qualities a person would want in a partner. But if by mystery we're simply talking about things, good or bad, that you just haven't discovered about the other person yet, then that's different.
 
Cool question bro,

In a simple way, I don't talk about what I can demonstrate.

And mystery many times is taken when you try to push further than the other party is willing to go. If they say what are your dreams? And you ask them and they say something like, well I'd like to get a new job. Then you have an idea of where they are at right now in the "sharing". These are just a couple ideas that I consider without derailing this thread. :)

New thread, brought you by the letter Cee: :)
http://christianchat.com/christian-...uch-sharing-too-much-sharing.html#post1907917
 
Perhaps, but probably not.

*Lynx glances at all the commotion in a certain other forum...

Okay, maybe you're right.
 
Because SOME men, not all, but SOME believe it is proper to skip this part and go straight into the physical part. This not only destroys the relationship before it even begins but places you into a "marriage" before the vows have been said........ Just a quick thought. Not saying that is the exact situation for every relationship beginning. All are unique. :)
 
Sometimes a girl is interested in a guy but he takes way too long (I'm talking years) to make a move and by then she just sees him as a friend. So it could be that.