Would you or do you share bank accounts with your spouse?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Long interesting post.
But fornication is cheating on your wife/husband. God nowhere speaks of sex before marriage. He speaks against prostitution, fornication (cheating), and adultery (leaving your husband/wife for another u cheated with) well and incest...or more even the children of incest because thats anlot abomination too.
I agree with you that there is no private marriage as everyone is supposed to know who is married with who and who isnt. But thats self explanatory.
No worries no offense taken.
We can agree to disagree in the end. I dont mind opinions. In fact i likw hearing others opinions cause that often brings me into studying stuff I wouldnt usually think of.
Sorr for thea typos i having a really hard time with cc on my phone
Typos forgiven. The dictionary agrees with me about fornication though (and I think we've established the distinction is significant):

In legal use there is a difference between adultery and fornication. Adultery is only used when at least one of the parties involved (either male or female) is married, whereas fornication may be used to describe two people who are unmarried (to each other or anyone else) engaging in consensual sexual intercourse.

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fornication

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Typos forgiven. The dictionary agrees with me about fornication though (and I think we've established the distinction is significant):

In legal use there is a difference between adultery and fornication. Adultery is only used when at least one of the parties involved (either male or female) is married, whereas fornication may be used to describe two people who are unmarried (to each other or anyone else) engaging in consensual sexual intercourse.

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fornication
Not the hebrew
Fornication is whoring. Michael Rood talks about it in deph in a preaching too but I dont remember which
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/2183.htm

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I think houses and cars are different, mortgages etc. That’s pretty much
the norm.

I’m thinking more of people who take out credit and loads for clothes,
holidays, the latest games console, pay day loans, beer money. Many people
I know take out loans to cover Christmas costs. Or they just keep putting
things on credit cards and always seem to own thousands. They never pay it
off just keep topping up the credit and a large chunk of salary goes
to paying off credit, so they take out more pay day loans and so on..

I know a lot who do this.
Most financial advisors would consider revolving debt (credit cards, etc) even car loans to be debt. Homes are typically considered to be investments since outside of a serious economic downturn you can always sell a house for at least what you paid for it.

Jun 23, 2018
Sho nuff. Mel just asked questions about bank accounts. And now we are talking about Satan. Lol

Sister, did you ever read Apocalypse (you call it wrong "revelation') 13:16-18; and Matthew 27:3-10 ?
Bank account and Satan have a very good (close) relationship.

L

LaVieEnRose

Women don't understand what is love. Pleasure and affection is not love. Love is very harsh because you have to obey rules and regulations
So, love is sadism? Are you a fan of the Marquis?

Jun 23, 2018
How about that! I'm buying my groceries with Satan! :LOL:
Did you ever read Matthew 14:13-21; 15:29-39; to understand what Lord Christ told. Remember, Lord Christ was and is the highest prophet.
Then, did you read Apocalypse (you call it wrong revelation) 13:16-18 ?

Better study it.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Women don't understand what is love. Pleasure and affection is not love. Love is very harsh because you have to obey rules and regulations
Anybody who begins a post with the words, "Women don't understand..." is looking for trouble. Please try not to reveal your misogyny so blatantly next time.

As for understanding, it appears to me that yours is a bit lacking... in several areas, most notably biblical.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Did you ever read Matthew 14:13-21; 15:29-39; to understand what Lord Christ told. Remember, Lord Christ was and is the highest prophet.
Then, did you read Apocalypse (you call it wrong revelation) 13:16-18 ?

Better study it.
Different languages represent the same concept in different words. An alternate name for the book is "Apocalypse" but that is Greek, not English.

It would be safe to assume that most people on this forum have read the Bible, so opening your post with "Did you ever read..." comes across as arrogant and condescending. "Better study it" is even worse.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
God is love. I confess my finite mind will not know and comprehend all who God is, but through Him, I know what love is.

Jun 23, 2018
That would be nice. I wish I were loaded.
Depend, how you interpret the word "loaded". Charged, yes,. Because Lord Christ prophesied by telling : The prostitutes and the tax collectors will take the kingdom of God.

What tell you that you ?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Depend, how you interpret the word "loaded". Charged, yes,. Because Lord Christ prophesied by telling : The prostitutes and the tax collectors will take the kingdom of God.

What tell you that you ?
You might find the Bible Discussion Forum more suitable for your style of interaction. The regulars in Singles usually try to maintain a fairly relaxed, non-confrontational tone around here. Abuse that and you'll probably find your contributions being ignored.

Jun 23, 2018
Different languages represent the same concept in different words. An alternate name for the book is "Apocalypse" but that is Greek, not English.

It would be safe to assume that most people on this forum have read the Bible, so opening your post with "Did you ever read..." comes across as arrogant and condescending. "Better study it" is even worse.
To be at your knowledge, the word "revelation" is not English, the same the word "Bible" the word "Bible" is Greek word "Biblos", what the English word is "BOOK".

What book ?
The Revelation is a very short period of Apocalypse and it started in 27 April 1989 at Bethel assembly of God from Lexington, Kentucky

Who is your teacher ?

Jun 23, 2018
You might find the Bible Discussion Forum more suitable for your style of interaction. The regulars in Singles usually try to maintain a fairly relaxed, non-confrontational tone around here. Abuse that and you'll probably find your contributions being ignored.
Ignore it, I don't care.

L

LaVieEnRose

What tell you that you ?
Loaded could mean drunk. In that case, I would not want to be loaded.

Dice could be loaded, which means they are heavy on one side. I wouldn’t want to be loaded like that, either.

I suppose it depends on what a person is loaded with, in order to want to be loaded.

L

LaVieEnRose

I’ll be serious for a minute and come at this at another angle I don’t think people are considering.

Say one spouse is HORRIBLE with money, I mean- awful, spends money, doesn’t balance a checking account, kind of free wheeling. This spouse KNOWS he or she is awful with money. Say the other spouse is GOOD with money and a responsible adult. We’ll say the other is just not that good at adulting.

What would you guys think if the responsible spouse took the financial reins and had the bulk of the money in account where he or she took care of the bills, and the irresponsible spouse have a little checking account to be freewheeling. I don’t mean spend thousands of dollars a month on whatever, but maybe a couple of hundred.

Kind of like the irresponsible spouse has an allowance. The responsible spouse could deposit a couple hundred in the play account every month, and the irresponsible one can do what he or she likes with the allowance.

This would work for me, as I am not that good with money and be a load off my mind if my husband would take control and just give me an allowance every month.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
You wittness the crime, then share the spoils of the crime. Then you are just as guilty as I am, more than poor Joe. he's guilty after the fact but you and I are co-conspiritors? right, kinda like the difference between GTA and joy riding.
You do realise that you can be innocent and witness a crime? You wouldn’t be classed as an accomplice unless proven guilty.

Example: I could “witness” a robbery from across the street, but that wouldn’t mean I was part of the robbery - simply a witness.

There’s a word for that, but I can’t remember what it’s called.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I'd ask your friends if the one who makes the most money is also the ones who do most of the housework too. The only time I ever made more money than he did was when I had a job and he was between jobs.

But he made the most money because he had to physically work harder in the trades, which included nights and weekends. So, I had to work harder at keeping up with the housework, because he was either working or tired. And when I worked and he wasn't, he did the housework. When did housekeeping stop meaning anything? If no one is doing the housework, than it is even. If someone does more housework, then it stops being even. I'd truly demand the one making the most money contribute the most to the housework too, since someone is thinking that doesn't count for anything in a relationship.
The one that earns more does their part around the house as well as looking after their kids.

W

whatev

Long interesting post.
But fornication is cheating on your wife/husband. God nowhere speaks of sex before marriage. He speaks against prostitution, fornication (cheating), and adultery (leaving your husband/wife for another u cheated with) well and incest...or more even the children of incest because thats anlot abomination too.
I agree with you that there is no private marriage as everyone is supposed to know who is married with who and who isnt. But thats self explanatory.
No worries no offense taken.
We can agree to disagree in the end. I dont mind opinions. In fact i likw hearing others opinions cause that often brings me into studying stuff I wouldnt usually think of.
Sorr for thea typos i having a really hard time with cc on my phone
Fornicating is having sex outside marriage. Adultery is having sex with someone else while married. (Leaving is optional, until the cat is out of the bag.)