Has anyone found secret messages in the bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 3, 2023
Since the God of the Bible and Allah of the Quran are not the same being, abandoning their teachings is not the same thing. The Bible is the written word from the Creator of the entire universe in which we live. The Quran, at best, is the writings of a mystic influenced by a variety of religious traditions that were transferred orally for many decades before being edited by one person over a hundred years later.
Am I saying that the two books is the same thing? I was saying the word of God and Allah has the same meaning the one true God.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Am I saying that the two books is the same thing? I was saying the word of God and Allah has the same meaning the one true God.
Either the word "of" between "word" and "God" doesn't belong, or your claim contradicts both the Bible and the Quran.

While it's true that linguistically, the words "god" and "allah" are synonyms, in either a Christian or a Moslem context, they are not used of the same entity, and should not be conflated lest you confuse or annoy people.

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023
To the first part, yes, absolutely. Only the originals were inspired.
Where in Scripture does it say or imply “Only the originals were inspired” ?

You said:
You simply have a wrong concept of textual criticism. The purpose is, by examining all manuscript evidence, to determine what is the original text. It's not about deciding what is an error.
Modern Textual Criticism is like Evolution. It is constantly evolving and its going to keep getting better. So the text is never settled and one becomes their own authority in areas of the text they think either needs improvement or has errors in it. But yes. Modern scholars do say that all English bibles have errors in them. So then it is not the Word of God. The Bible itself teaches that His words are pure and they are perfect. One cannot also trust Modern Bibles because one is being selective to their own preferences or biases or what they want to be true. The Modern scholarly dictionaries or scholars also replace the Word of God, as well. They say dumb things like repent means always a change of mind, or sin is missing the mark, or just believe in the finished work of the cross. None of these sayings are in the Bible, and nor are they backed up with Scripture. They also tend to say that Philippians 2:7 in the KJV is saying the same thing in the ESV when they clearly are not saying the same thing. Not all bibles say the same thing. Nor do all Bibles remain settled. The NIV used to say that Jesus healed the leper with kindness in Mark 4:1. The NIV now says that Jesus healed the leper with indignation (anger). Modern Bibles cannot even make up their own mind and they keep changing because of the money involved.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Where in Scripture does it say or imply “Only the originals were inspired”?
It doesn’t, and that doesn’t matter. You should actually prefer that option, because the alternative is chaos and anarchy. You would have no way of refuting people like Joseph Smith.

Modern Textual Criticism is like Evolution. It is constantly evolving and its going to keep getting better. So the text is never settled and one becomes their own authority in areas of the text they think either needs improvement or has errors in it. But yes. Modern scholars do say that all English bibles have errors in them. So then it is not the Word of God. The Bible itself teaches that His words are pure and they are perfect. One cannot also trust Modern Bibles because one is being selective to their own preferences or biases or what they want to be true. The Modern scholarly dictionaries or scholars also replace the Word of God, as well. They say dumb things like repent means always a change of mind, or sin is missing the mark, or just believe in the finished work of the cross. None of these sayings are in the Bible, and nor are they backed up with Scripture. They also tend to say that Philippians 2:7 in the KJV is saying the same thing in the ESV when they clearly are not saying the same thing. Not all bibles say the same thing. Nor do all Bibles remain settled. The NIV used to say that Jesus healed the leper with kindness in Mark 4:1. The NIV now says that Jesus healed the leper with indignation (anger). Modern Bibles cannot even make up their own mind and they keep changing because of the money involved.[/QUOTE]
I don’t have time to address this but will later. It’s enough to say I disagree.

Sep 28, 2023

The Father of the Lord Jesus Christ... is NEVER EVER referred to as the3 false god... allah! disagree.gif crazy.gif

Modern Textual Criticism is like Evolution.

Criticizing God's Word is another avenue satan uses to bring in false doctrine... like evolution!

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023
Criticizing God's Word is another avenue satan uses to bring in false doctrine... like evolution!
I agree. While I may use Modern Tranlsations to help update the 1600s English in the King James Bible, Modern Bibles are part of criticizing the real Bible (the KJB) because the fake Bibles teach false doctrines.

A List of Doctrines Changed in God's Word:
(Between the KJB and Modern Translations):

#1. Doctrine of The Trinity is Affected; For the Only Verse (1 John 5:7) That Point Blank Tells Us About the Trinity is Removed:
Also, the word “Godhead”(Meaning Trinity) is also changed to mean something else. So all direct references of the Trinity are gone. If I were on an island and had no clue about Christianity, the odds of my understanding of the Trinity would be better if I had a King James bible vs. a Modern Translation bible that removes this valuable truth about knowing the Trinity. So this proves that Modern Translations are less helpful for me to understand the Trinity by using the Bible alone.

#2. The Doctrine of Fasting To Cast Out Persistent Demons is Removed:
Matthew 17:21 tells us that casting out persistent or really strong devils is by prayer and fasting. Yet, Matthew 17:21 is oddly removed in Modern Translations. Mark 9:29 mentions that you can pray to remove these kinds of devils, but it does not mention fasting. So the key doctrine of fasting to cast out really strong demons is gone. So the enemy wins if a person only adheres to the Modern Translations and they have a "hate on" for the KJV. For if you have ever encountered strong demonic activity like this before, you know that fasting does actually help greatly, and not just prayer alone.

#3. The Full Version of the Doctrine of Having "No Condemnation" According to Romans 8:1 is Removed:
Romans 8:1 says, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Modern Translations leave out the part that says, "who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." The KJV says, as a part of having no Condemnation: We have to (a) Be in Christ Jesus, AND: (b) Walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. The enemy wants Christians today to justify sin instead of battling against it. So the enemy will do everything he can to give a person a water-down version of His holy Word to promote the idea that they do not need to worry about sin destroying their soul.

#4. In Genesis 3:16, the ESV (Which is one of the most popular Modern Translations) Doctrinally Changes the Nature of the Truth in the KJV by Saying that Eve's (the wife's) Desire is Contrary To Her Husband's.

#5. 2 Corinthians 3:12, and Habakkuk 2:2 is Altered by Modern Translations To Eliminate How God Uses Plainness of Speech.

This is important because Modern Translation believers prefer to look to the original languages to understand God's Word as their only go-to source. While I am not against original language word studies, I believe this should be done occasionally or when the text is difficult. But some in the Modern Translation movement will make it seem like you cannot truly understand God's Word just by reading the Bible in English. This is not the plainness of speech that God employs. While God can speak in metaphor or parables, He also speaks in plainness of speech, too. This has to apply to our life today in some way. Surely it is not a coincidence that these two key verses are eliminated in their favored Modern Translations (that influences their way of thinking).

#6. Philippians 2:7 Changes Doctrine by Removing an Aspect of the Deity of Christ During His Earthly Ministry.
Philippians 2:6-7 says correctly,

6 “Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:” (Philippians 2:6-7).
King James correctly says that Christ made himself of no reputation.

Different Modern Translations say that He “emptied himself” (ESV), and the NLT says that “he gave up his divine privileges;” (Philippians 2:7). This is false, and it is a denial of the deity of Christ. God cannot cease to become God. God cannot cut out an aspect of who He is at His core in having divine power and yet still be God. That would be a contradiction. The Modern Translations teach a gnostic heresy in denying that Jesus has power as God. Granted, Jesus had grown in wisdom (See: Luke 2:52), but I believe this was not an elimination of His divine powers as God, but it was a suppression of them (See: John 17:5, Habakkuk 2:14). For Jesus needed to be a like figure or type of Adam; For Adam also was limited in knowledge when He was in a right relationship with God before the Fall (See: 1 Corinthians 15:45-47). However, Jesus clearly had power as God as a man before the cross. For...

Jesus had power as God:
(during his earthly ministry):

#1. Jesus said He has the power to raise the dead to life just as the Father had the power to raise the dead (John 5:21).​
#2. Hebrews 1:3 talks about how Christ held all things together by the word of His power when He purged us of our sins.​
#3. Jesus said He would raise up this Temple (His body) three days later (John 2:19).​
#4. Jesus had the power to forgive sins and give eternal life (Mark 2:7) (Luke 7:44-50) (John 14:6).​
#5 Jesus had the power to take away the entire world's sins (John 1:29).​
#6. Jesus Christ said wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there I am among them (Matthew 18:20). This was said to the people he was around and not to just us today.​
#7. Jesus knew men's thoughts (Matthew 9:4) (Matthew 12:25) (Mark 2:8) (Luke 5:22) (Luke 6:8) (Luke 9:47) (Luke 24:38).​
#8. Jesus knew about the lives of others (John 2:24) (John 4:17-18) (John 4:29) (John 6:64).​
So Modern Translations are wrong. In fact, many Christians today think Jesus gave up His divine powers; This is because of the wrong teaching (or wrong doctrine) behind Modern Translations.​

(Continued in next post):

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023
#9. Modern Bibles falsely teach Jesus had faith.

Hebrews 12:2 (NRSV)
“looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.”

The King James Bible correctly renders Hebrews 12:2.

Hebrews 12:2 (KJB)
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

Jesus is the author or the creator of our faith because He is God. God or Jesus gave us the words of eternal life to believe in Him. He created the faith for us to believe in Him, and trust in Him for salvation, and to trust in His words. Jesus is not the pioneer of our faith. That’s a false teaching from Modern Bibles that was influenced by Westcott, Hort, and Catholicism. Granted, if you believe in Westcott, Hort, and or Catholicism, I mean no offense. I just disagree with their beliefs, and I consider them to be unbiblical.

#10. The False Belief that Jesus is a second-created god is taught in Modern Bibles:

Modern Bibles wrongfully teach the demi-god Jesus viewpoint in that they wrongfully imply the Eternal second PERSON of the Trinity (the Living Word) had a beginning point in time in being a created being. In John 1:18, in the King James Bible, it correctly says: “the only begotten Son,” but this is changed in corrupted Modern bibles to say: "The only begotten God" (LSV) (BLB) (AMP) (NAS1977) (NAS1995). In Micah 5:2, in the King James Bible, it correctly says that the Living Word (or the Messiah) is: “from everlasting,” but this is changed in the corrupted Modern bibles to: “from ancient times” or “from ancient days” or “distant past.” (Suggesting that the second person of the Trinity did not exist from eternity’s past but had a beginning).

#11. The Truth That God Will Not Reward Us Openly By Our Doing Works in Secret For Him is Erased.

In Matthew 6:1, Matthew 6:6, and Matthew 6:18, Modern Bibles remove the point about how God will reward us openly (publicly or among others) if we give alms in secret, pray in secret, and we fast in secret. This is sad because it shows that God can reward us openly today in our lives and not just in the afterlife. It shows God is actively involved in our lives, and He cares for us in our day-to-day lives.

#12. Important Key Words in the Lord’s Prayer are Removed.

In Matthew 6:13 (in the Lord’s Prayer): Modern bibles remove the words, “..For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” This is the model prayer Jesus gave to us, and it is subtly attacked in one part here in Modern Bibles. We are to say to God the Father in our own words, "Your's is the Kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever, Amen.” I believe one way to understand what is being said here is in the fact that this is an expression of a position of humbleness before God in our worship of Him and what is owed to Him. God deserves all the glory and power because He is God, and we are just mere human beings (i.e., the creation).

#13. The Great Commission in Mark is Questioned.

Modern Bibles footnote Mark 16:9-20 and say these verses were not in the earliest manuscripts. This affects doctrine. Mark 16:15 says, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” So the great commission is not only teaching all nations (as Matthew 28 says), but it is also preaching the gospel to every creature (person). This shows the importance and focus of the gospel as a part of our Lord’s great commission (But such a beautiful thing is cast into doubt with Modern bibles).

#14. God magnifies His Word above His own name Is Removed in Modern Bibles.

Psalms 138:2 says, “I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.” Yet, the underlined part of this verse is neutered like a cat in Modern Versions. You don’t really know the full depth of how God regards His Word if you have a Modern Bible.

#15. In Modern Bibles, You are Not Taught About Knowing the Certainty of the Words of Truth.

Proverbs 22:21 says, “That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?” Yet, knowing the certainty of the words of truth is removed in Modern Bibles. This is strange because those who hold to Modern Bibles generally believe there are errors in all Bibles, and there is no real certainty of the words of truth.

#16. Doubt is Cast on the Depth of Christ’s Sacrifice Involving the Substitutionary Atonement.

In Luke 22:43-44, this passage is bracketed in the NASB, NET, and footnoted in the NIV (suggesting that this verse is not in the earliest manuscripts). Jesus sweats great drops of blood, and He is strengthened by an angel in his prayer, which shows the magnitude of the kind of prayer He was making. This was no small matter. Jesus was to take on the sins of the whole world in that cup within the garden of Gethsemane. The Modern Bibles (which removes these truths) is a subtle attack against the “Substitutionary Atonement” and the level of Jesus's sacrifice. For Jesus sweating great drops of blood and being strengthened by an angel shows the depth of what Christ was going through when He was taking on our sins that were in that cup of which the Father gave to Him.

#17. The False Demi-God Jews View.

The false demi-god Jesus view (i.e., Jesus did not exist eternally in the past) is wrongfully promoted in certain Modern bibles (AMP, AMPC, LSB, NASB1995, NTE). John 1:18 "the only begotten Son" (KJB) is wrongfully changed to “The only begotten God.” But God is not begotten. God is eternal. In addition, Micah 5:2 in Modern Bibles changes the eternal nature of Christ that says: “from everlasting” to “from ancient times” or “from ancient days” or “distant past.” This, again, is an attack upon the eternal nature of God or Jesus Christ.

#18. Leaving Room for Abortion.

Certain Modern Translations Leave Room for a Person to Commit Abortion. For example, Luke 1:15 in certain Modern Translations such as the CEV, GNT, ICB, PHILLIPS, MSG, NCV, NLV, and WE all basically say from the time of John the Baptist's birth, he will be filled with the Holy Ghost. This is unlike the KJB that correctly says he will be filled with the Holy Ghost from his mother’s womb. Being filled with the Spirit in the mother’s womb suggests John the Baptist is a living human being inside the mother. Today, some Christians believe in abortion because they don’t think the baby is alive inside the womb (Which is basically the murder of innocent babies). No doubt, Modern bibles like these could potentially lead a person to justify the murder of the innocent.

#19. Fornication is either removed entirely or watered down.

Fornication means sex before marriage. This word “fornication” is removed entirely in popular Modern Translations (such as the NIV, ESV, and NET). The NAS95 mentions fornication four times, while the KJB mentions it 32 times. The point here is that this is an attack on the sin of sex before marriage (See 1 Corinthians 7:2). NAS95 changes it to immoralities. Other versions say “sexual immorality” instead of “fornication” which muddies the waters of meaning here. Sexual Immorality could include other immoral sex acts (bestiality, incest) that do not specifically refer to fornication. Newer Christians today think sex before marriage is okay.

#20. The Command on not to have fellowship with prosperity preachers is removed.

The command to remove yourself from those who think that “gain is godliness” is missing in 1 Timothy 6. We should not hang out or fellowship with prosperity teachers or money-grabbing believers. Their influence can rub off on you to think the same way. Their bad influence can lead you to chase after riches instead of righteousness. The love of money is the root of all evil (1 Timothy 6:10). 1 Timothy 6:5 says we are to withdraw ourselves from those who think “gain” is “godliness.”

Anyways, these are just a few of the red flags in Modern Translations. But there is a lot more.
Modern Translations has so many red flags that it would make one think they were in a Russian airport.

Sep 28, 2023
Modern Bibles falsely teach Jesus had faith.

So you think Jesus did not please God?

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20 says Jesus has faith...

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

No. Jesus did not have faith. That’s illogical. Hebrews 11:1 says Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Jesus seen the Father accoridng to the Bible. So Jesus could not have faith in God the Father because He already seen Him. Galatians 2:20 is basically saying where faith comes from or the author of our faith. For example, it would sort of be like saying: People in the 1800s lived in the comfort of light at night by the light bulb of Thomas Edison. It may not mean he made all the light bulbs personally himself back then where he worked tirelessly himself to make them all. It merely means he invented the light bulb. Jesus who is God invented the faith (the words of God) in the Bible for us to believe in. If what you say is true, there would be a contradiction in the Bible. Jesus seen God the Father. Jesus gave us many things for us to believe in by faith. So that is how we can have faith of the Son of God (i.e., faith that comes from the Son of God). Remember, the KJB is written in 1600s archaic English and not Modern English.

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023

Also, Hebrews 11:6 is in reference to us and not Christ. Jesus is one with the Father. Jesus is God and is the second person of the triune Godhead or Trinity. He does not need to have faith to please the Father because He is one with Him.

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023

Before Jesus even started His ministry, the Father already declared that He was pleased with His Son.

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023

“looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.”

“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

Jesus is the author or the creator of our faith because He is God. God or Jesus gave us the words of eternal life to believe in Him. He created the faith for us to believe in Him, and trust in Him for salvation, and to trust in His words. Jesus is not the pioneer of our faith. That’s a false teaching from Modern Bibles that was influenced by Westcott, Hort, and Catholicism. Granted, if you believe in Westcott, Hort, and or Catholicism, I mean no offense. I just disagree with their beliefs, and I consider them to be unbiblical.

#10. The False Belief that Jesus is a second-created god is taught in Modern Bibles:

Modern Bibles wrongfully teach the demi-god Jesus viewpoint in that they wrongfully imply the Eternal second PERSON of the Trinity (the Living Word) had a beginning point in time in being a created being. In John 1:18, in the King James Bible, it correctly says: “the only begotten Son,” but this is changed in corrupted Modern bibles to say: "The only begotten God" (LSV) (BLB) (AMP) (NAS1977) (NAS1995). In Micah 5:2, in the King James Bible, it correctly says that the Living Word (or the Messiah) is: “from everlasting,” but this is changed in the corrupted Modern bibles to: “from ancient times” or “from ancient days” or “distant past.” (Suggesting that the second person of the Trinity did not exist from eternity’s past but had a beginning).

#11. The Truth That God Will Not Reward Us Openly By Our Doing Works in Secret For Him is Erased.

In Matthew 6:1, Matthew 6:6, and Matthew 6:18, Modern Bibles remove the point about how God will reward us openly (publicly or among others) if we give alms in secret, pray in secret, and we fast in secret. This is sad because it shows that God can reward us openly today in our lives and not just in the afterlife. It shows God is actively involved in our lives, and He cares for us in our day-to-day lives.

In Matthew 6:13 (in the Lord’s Prayer): Modern bibles remove the words, “..For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” This is the model prayer Jesus gave to us, and it is subtly attacked in one part here in Modern Bibles. We are to say to God the Father in our own words, "Your's is the Kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever, Amen.” I believe one way to understand what is being said here is in the fact that this is an expression of a position of humbleness before God in our worship of Him and what is owed to Him. God deserves all the glory and power because He is God, and we are just mere human beings (i.e., the creation).

Modern Bibles footnote Mark 16:9-20 and say these verses were not in the earliest manuscripts. This affects doctrine. Mark 16:15 says, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” So the great commission is not only teaching all nations (as Matthew 28 says), but it is also preaching the gospel to every creature (person). This shows the importance and focus of the gospel as a part of our Lord’s great commission (But such a beautiful thing is cast into doubt with Modern bibles).

Psalms 138:2 says, “I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.” Yet, the underlined part of this verse is neutered like a cat in Modern Versions. You don’t really know the full depth of how God regards His Word if you have a Modern Bible.

#15. In Modern Bibles, You are Not Taught About Knowing the Certainty of the Words of Truth.

Proverbs 22:21 says, “That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?” Yet, knowing the certainty of the words of truth is removed in Modern Bibles. This is strange because those who hold to Modern Bibles generally believe there are errors in all Bibles, and there is no real certainty of the words of truth.

#16. Doubt is Cast on the Depth of Christ’s Sacrifice Involving the Substitutionary Atonement.

In Luke 22:43-44, this passage is bracketed in the NASB, NET, and footnoted in the NIV (suggesting that this verse is not in the earliest manuscripts). Jesus sweats great drops of blood, and He is strengthened by an angel in his prayer, which shows the magnitude of the kind of prayer He was making. This was no small matter. Jesus was to take on the sins of the whole world in that cup within the garden of Gethsemane. The Modern Bibles (which removes these truths) is a subtle attack against the “Substitutionary Atonement” and the level of Jesus's sacrifice. For Jesus sweating great drops of blood and being strengthened by an angel shows the depth of what Christ was going through when He was taking on our sins that were in that cup of which the Father gave to Him.

The false demi-god Jesus view (i.e., Jesus did not exist eternally in the past) is wrongfully promoted in certain Modern bibles (AMP, AMPC, LSB, NASB1995, NTE). John 1:18 "the only begotten Son" (KJB) is wrongfully changed to “The only begotten God.” But God is not begotten. God is eternal. In addition, Micah 5:2 in Modern Bibles changes the eternal nature of Christ that says: “from everlasting” to “from ancient times” or “from ancient days” or “distant past.” This, again, is an attack upon the eternal nature of God or Jesus Christ.

Certain Modern Translations Leave Room for a Person to Commit Abortion. For example, Luke 1:15 in certain Modern Translations such as the CEV, GNT, ICB, PHILLIPS, MSG, NCV, NLV, and WE all basically say from the time of John the Baptist's birth, he will be filled with the Holy Ghost. This is unlike the KJB that correctly says he will be filled with the Holy Ghost from his mother’s womb. Being filled with the Spirit in the mother’s womb suggests John the Baptist is a living human being inside the mother. Today, some Christians believe in abortion because they don’t think the baby is alive inside the womb (Which is basically the murder of innocent babies). No doubt, Modern bibles like these could potentially lead a person to justify the murder of the innocent.

Fornication means sex before marriage. This word “fornication” is removed entirely in popular Modern Translations (such as the NIV, ESV, and NET). The NAS95 mentions fornication four times, while the KJB mentions it 32 times. The point here is that this is an attack on the sin of sex before marriage (See 1 Corinthians 7:2). NAS95 changes it to immoralities. Other versions say “sexual immorality” instead of “fornication” which muddies the waters of meaning here. Sexual Immorality could include other immoral sex acts (bestiality, incest) that do not specifically refer to fornication. Newer Christians today think sex before marriage is okay.

#20. The Command on not to have fellowship with prosperity preachers is removed.

The command to remove yourself from those who think that “gain is godliness” is missing in 1 Timothy 6. We should not hang out or fellowship with prosperity teachers or money-grabbing believers. Their influence can rub off on you to think the same way. Their bad influence can lead you to chase after riches instead of righteousness. The love of money is the root of all evil (1 Timothy 6:10). 1 Timothy 6:5 says we are to withdraw ourselves from those who think “gain” is “godliness.”

Anyways, these are just a few of the red flags in Modern Translations. But there is a lot more.
Modern Translations has so many red flags that it would make one think they were in a Russian airport.
Sorry, I repeated the same point on this list.

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023

If you were to look at the 1913 Webster’s Dictionary, it says, “Of” can be defined as “from.”

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by the faith
of [from] the Son of God, who loved me, and
gave himself for me.“

Source:
https://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/Of

Our faith comes from the Son of God in the sense that He gave us many teachings for us to believe in. It does not mean Jesus had faith. For example: The word “conversation” in the KJV can mean conduct. It is also an archaic word in the KJB. The Defined King James Bible by D.A. Waite is helpful with spotting the archaic words in the KJB.

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023
No. Jesus did not have faith. That’s illogical. Hebrews 11:1 says Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Jesus seen the Father accoridng to the Bible. So Jesus could not have faith in God the Father because He already seen Him. Galatians 2:20 is basically saying where faith comes from or the author of our faith. For example, it would sort of be like saying: People in the 1800s lived in the comfort of light at night by the light bulb of Thomas Edison. It may not mean he made all the light bulbs personally himself back then where he worked tirelessly himself to make them all. It merely means he invented the light bulb. Jesus who is God invented the faith (the words of God) in the Bible for us to believe in. If what you say is true, there would be a contradiction in the Bible. Jesus seen God the Father. Jesus gave us many things for us to believe in by faith. So that is how we can have faith of the Son of God (i.e., faith that comes from the Son of God). Remember, the KJB is written in 1600s archaic English and not Modern English.
Note: Meant to say that God the Father gave Jesus what to say and speak. But Jesus relayed those words to us.

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023
It doesn’t, and that doesn’t matter. You should actually prefer that option, because the alternative is chaos and anarchy. You would have no way of refuting people like Joseph Smith.
I don’t have time to address this but will later. It’s enough to say I disagree.
Mormonism is evil. So I am not sure why you would bring up that religion without really explaining such a point all that well.

Anyway, here are…

Ten Main Categories That Defend The King James Bible:

#1. Manuscript Witnesses (Majority of manuscripts or witnesses favor the KJB). Compare 5,800 manuscripts for the TR with only 45 or so for the Alexandrian texts. In the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established. There are four gospels, etcetera. In Textual Criticism they say the old is better after having tasted the new. Also, just because something is older does not mean it is better. A pagan religious document that would predate the Incarnation of Christ is not better just because it is older to the NT Scriptures. In fact, Paul said that even in his time, the Scriptures were being corrupted. Is it not odd that this very verse that talks about this corruption is altered in Modern bibles?

#2. Doctrinal (The KJB is doctrinally superior. Meaning, doctrines that are vitally important are found in the KJV, but yet, they are missing in the Modern Bibles. Also, Modern bibles teach false doctrines, as well).

#3. Influence or Fruit (The KJB is the most printed book in the world and it had the greatest influence positively in history leading to many great revivals whereas the Modern Bibles are tied to this recent Laodician church age). (a) There are 200 plus idioms or phrases in the English speaking world that are found in the KJB. (b) Here in America, the KJB has had an amazing impact or influence. In America: The first printed English Bible (including the OT and NT) was the King James Bible that was endorsed by Congress (i.e., the Aitken’s Bible). The KJB became the dominant translation here in America since the 18th century and the early 1960s. Lincoln was gifted a King James Bible by the black community and he spoke highly of it and the famous Gettysburg address was peppered with language of the KJB. Other US presidents in history spoke highly of the King James Bible, and it had significant impact here in America; Especially around the timing of the 300th anniversary of the KJB. Two US presidents spoke in high regards of the KJB a few days apart from the KJB anniversary.

#4. Biblical; The Word of God speaking about the Word (Meaning, the Bible supports that there is a book, and it is perfect, and would be preserved forever - which aligns with the KJB belief; Whereas Textual Criticism cannot be demonstrated by Scripture).

#5. Historical: Comparing the Origins of Each (One can see the hand of God upon the origins of the KJB, and it had the best translators, whereas with the Modern Translation movement, its origins are tied to deceptions, Catholicism, Unitarianism, liberalism, and other problems; In short, the KJB has noble and good origins and the Modern Bibles have dark origins).

#6. Problems of Textual Criticism (Part 1) There is no singular standard and everyone does what is right in their own eyes. They have phantom bibles that exist only in their own minds or the minds of their chosen respected scholars. Dan Wallace does not agree with James White. They cannot actually point to a singular book and say it is the Word of God or the Bible (a.k.a. the Book of the Lord as mentioned in Isaiah 34:16). They become the authority or the scholar becomes the authority when they find what they believe is an error in God’s Word. There is no true reverence for the words of God when the Bible warns not to add or take away from his words and Jesus tell us His words would not pass away.

#7. Problems of Textual Criticism (Part 2) The Men Attached to Modern Scholarship. Check out this PDF by WayofLife.

#8. Problems of Textual Criticism (Part 3) Deceptions in Textual Criticism (See my next post).

#9. Unique superior qualities of the KJB. (a) Thous, and Thees help you to distinguish between a singular person being spoken to vs. two or more people. Many Modern bibles do not have this distinction or quality. (b) The KJB was not originally created with a copyright and so its creation was not motivated by one, unlike Modern Translations. (c) The KJB has italicized words, which shows the honesty of the translators. (d) KJB is easier to memorize (e) KJB was designed to be spoken and heard by the ear.

#10. Divine Nature of the Text: Biblical Numerics (The King James Bible is the only Bible that has amazing unexplainable numerical patterns within it that can only be the hand of God upon such a book; Note: Rather than go into detail myself about this point, I would recommend checking out several videos on the topic instead to truly see the magnitude and depth of this topic fully). See this video here to start.

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023

Problems of Textual Criticism (Part 2): Deceptions in Modern Scholarship or Originals Onlyism:
  1. They say THE Hebrew and THE Greek as if there is only one. This is a deception. There are multiple Hebrew and Greek manuscripts that differ from one another.
  2. They say we have more manuscript discoveries than ever before, which are better. This is a lie. The King James Bible still has the most manuscript witnesses, with it being 5,800 manuscripts, and it is doctrinally superior.
  3. They say all Bibles say the same thing. This is a lie. They do not all say the same thing.
  4. They say all Bibles teach the same doctrine. This is a lie. Not all Bibles teach the same doctrines.
  5. NKJV deception (See this video here by Theo Hikmat).
  6. Westcott and Hort were afraid to reveal their work too soon otherwise they would have been branded with suspicion. This is a deception. On 1861 Apr. 12th – Hort to Westcott: “Also – but this may be cowardice – I have a sort of craving that our text should be cast upon the world before we deal with matters likely to brand us with suspicion. I mean, a text, issued by men already known for what will undoubtedly be treated as dangerous heresy, will have great difficulties in finding its way to regions which it might otherwise hope to reach, and whence it would not be easily banished by subsequent alarms.” (Life, Vol.I, p.445).
  7. Westcott and Hort came up with the Lucian Recension Theory in that the KJB or TR conflated the text by adding things to it. There is zero evidence for this.
  8. They refer to the NIV (or another translation) as if there is only one edition of the NIV. This is a lie or deception. There are multiple NIV editions over the years. Perhaps this is why the NASB1995 came out, and has been popular among evangelicals. But again, they are not claiming this is the perfect Word of God.
  9. Pastors or spiritual leaders will sometimes lift up the Bible and say of their Modern Translation that it is the Word of God (When they really do not believe that).
  10. They redefine the original doctrines of inerrancy, etcetera.
  11. They say the word of God is inspired as if to suggest there is such a thing in existence today.
  12. They act like they know Hebrew and Greek by pointing to a Modern Scholarly dictionary.
  13. Some say the Westcott and Hort text is completely different than the Nestle and Aland. However,
    Here is a quote from Textual Critic Eldon Jay Epp:

“The thing to see is that the text of 100 years ago (i.e., in 1980, the text of 1881, Hort’s compilation) is barely different from the text being published as the 28th edition of Novum Testamentum Graece. To offer up-to-date evidence of this point, I have made a fresh comparison of the 1881 compilation and the current edition of the Nestle-Aland compilation….” ~ Quote by: Eldon Jay Epp.

You can find out Eldon Jay Epp’s compilation study or findings here.
  14. Some Originals Onlyists will say that KJB believers worship the Bible, which is a false accusation and is a lie.
  15. The cover of their Modern Bible that says, Holy Bible is a deception and or lie. They don’t believe it is really holy but a holey Bible, a book full of errors and not divine.

Sep 28, 2023
No. Jesus did not have faith.
laughing2.gif

What fresh, hot, piping load of horse hockey that is!

Hebrews 10:38
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Just was JUST and He did in fact have faith! This is just more garbage from the cemeteries and bible colleges where false doctrine comes from.

Also, Hebrews 11:6 is in reference to us and not Christ

Nope... it includes Jesus Who lived like a normal man until He entered His earth ministry and when the Holy Ghost came upon Him... He walked in ALL of the fruit of the Spirit including faith.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Before Jesus even started His ministry, the Father already declared that He was pleased with His Son.

Yes... because He lived His entire life by faith... even before He started His earthly ministry.

He did not live in unbelief as some suppose.

I live by the faith of [from] the Son of God

The faith OF the Son of God
The faith FROM the Son of God...

Still means our faith comes from Him... anybody who has something that did NOT come from the Lord, got it from the devil!

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

My faith... came from the Lord.

It does not mean Jesus had faith.

Jesus did not walk in unbelief... that would have made Him a sinner.

The Defined King James Bible by D.A. Waite is helpful with spotting the archaic words in the KJB.

Thanks but no thanks.

I don't follow fake "scholars"

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA

Circular reasoning fallacy.

Bible_Highlighter

Nov 28, 2023
View attachment 258540

What fresh, hot, piping load of horse hockey that is!

Hebrews 10:38
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Just was JUST and He did in fact have faith! This is just more garbage from the cemeteries and bible colleges where false doctrine comes from.

Nope... it includes Jesus Who lived like a normal man until He entered His earth ministry and when the Holy Ghost came upon Him... He walked in ALL of the fruit of the Spirit including faith.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Yes... because He lived His entire life by faith... even before He started His earthly ministry.

He did not live in unbelief as some suppose.

The faith OF the Son of God
The faith FROM the Son of God...

Still means our faith comes from Him... anybody who has something that did NOT come from the Lord, got it from the devil!

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

My faith... came from the Lord.

Jesus did not walk in unbelief... that would have made Him a sinner.

Thanks but no thanks.

I don't follow fake "scholars"
First, it does not seem you understood my last post. Again, what is the definition of faith according to the Bible?

Hebrews 11:1
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

So, faith is in what you cannot see. You did not see God the Father, or Heaven, etcetera.
These are things you have to have faith in and they are unseen to you. That is what faith is.

But Jesus says in Scripture that nobody has seen God the Father accept for the Son (Which is a reference to Himself).

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.“

Jesus says He imitates in doing what the Father does because He sees the Father.

John 5:19
”Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Jesus said He came down from Heaven, which obviously means He has seen it.

John 6:38
”For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

So Jesus has seen God the Father, and Heaven. These are the core foundational things one must have if they are to have faith in God.
Jesus also one with the Father according to Scripture.

Second, John 3:13 says,
”And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.”

Jesus says the Son of man is said to be in Heaven as He is speaking with Nicodemus. He is saying this is a present reality as He is speaking to Nicodemus. Meaning, He is one with the Father and that is how the Son of Man is also in Heaven. They are connected in the fact that the Lord our God is one God and yet He exists as three distinct persons. This is the Trinity or the Godhead.

So God cannot have faith in Himself. Jesus was almost stoned to death because He said He is one with the Father making Himself equal with God.

Again, God cannot have faith in Himself. Jesus could call down legions of angels that would defend Him if He desired. Jesus was worshiped as God. That’s not faith.