If Women Can't Have Authority Over Men in the Church, Why Are They Expected to Teach in School?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Deaconess under the authority of the chosen and sanctified adult male church leadership.
No problems there.

Women pastors and ministers (so called) leading the congregation (including adult men) is brazen disobedience and outright rebellion of the same kind as Dathan, Abiram and Korah. This is no joke.
Thanks I would offer also..

God who is not a man as us is not served by corrupted human flesh in any way shape or form.

It's not how powerful are the spirits or minds of those sent with the gospel (Apostle) But beautiful feet . Feet represent the gospel as the message sent. Jesus said to Peter; if he does not wash our feet we have no part with him.

Yes, Christ the bloody husband of the church sanctifies his word . Like when he sent out Deborah to do his glorious light work.

We do not know Christ after any man or woman .We are warned of that. Even Jesus as the Son of man dared not to stand in the holy Place of the father but said: . . . God alone not seen is good. Men and woman can plant the spiritual seed but only the Spirit of Christ dwelling in a person can work to both will and perform his good pleasure. He is of one mind and always does whatsoever His soul pleases .He as the mystery of His will preforms that in us with which he does appoint. What is it we do have that we did not received fully ? And if we have received it full, freely with no cost on our behalf why would we boast as if we did not?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Clearly, he is another who does not understand that everything Paul wrote was NOT a Commandment from God. Amazing how so many people can fall prey to poor reading comprehension skills...........

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
So you haven't done your homework.
Insulting Paul the Apostle is tantamount to insulting the Holy Spirit. Tread lightly Dino.
As for you shrill demands for "context", Paul was battling the depredations of the Greek culture, fully featured with full blown women's libbers, sexual orientations of all kinds, idol worship......the works.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Rights and roles Dino. There is a difference.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
And nobody knows which law he's speaking of.

"They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says"
What Paul is referring to is the OT (aka "the Law" as he refers to it elsewhere in his writings).
For example Paul invokes the order of Creation in genesis and how that relates to the order of service in the Church.

Paul is NOT referring to the Law of Moses if that is your implication.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Insulting Paul the Apostle is tantamount to insulting the Holy Spirit. Tread lightly Dino.
As for you shrill demands for "context", Paul was battling the depredations of the Greek culture, fully featured with full blown women's libbers, sexual orientations of all kinds, idol worship......the works.
Insulting Paul has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with insulting the Holy Spirit. Being critical of Paul is not the same as insulting Paul, besides that, I don't see how it is possible to insult some guy that's been dead for over 2 thousand years. I don't believe that you will find anything remotely connected to full blown women's libbers in scripture, but even so, that would be admirable. Women in general in scripture are treated like second-class citizens and their treatment should not be something that men should emulate in today's modern world.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Try being relevant...

and learn how to use the word "shrill" correctly.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Rights and roles Dino. There is a difference.
Start with answering my questions from post 442. Then we'll continue the conversation.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In yeshivas its just male. Because they are bound by tradition. Girls in some orthodox jewish sects arent allowed to learn torah.

But the first people at Jesus resurrection were women. If it were not for Mary and the other women who told everyone, the men would have not known at first that Jesus was resurrected. Some of them didnt believe, but it was the women who were faithful and stuck close to Jesus. Women cant do anything about men not believing them. If they dont want to know the truth even though a woman tells them so just cos they are female then that just shows sexist behaviour and is not the way of Christ.

The truth is the truth no matter what gender of the messenger. I do not agree with people who make out scriptutres and twist them to make all believing women as liars and not to be trusted.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What Paul is referring to is the OT (aka "the Law" as he refers to it elsewhere in his writings).
For example Paul invokes the order of Creation in genesis and how that relates to the order of service in the Church.

So then... to what "law" is Paul referring, if it isn't the Law as given to Moses?

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017
So then... to what "law" is Paul referring, if it isn't the Law as given to Moses?
Paul actually mentions 7 Laws, if you read carefully and in context.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Deaconess under the authority of the chosen and sanctified adult male church leadership.
No problems there.

Women pastors and ministers (so called) leading the congregation (including adult men) is brazen disobedience and outright rebellion of the same kind as Dathan, Abiram and Korah. This is no joke.
Quibbling!!
Have you used a systematic theology book? They are a large book that lists every topic and lists every verse on the topic. Keep in mind that you need to look at ALL verses on any topic. That is the only way understand what the Bible says about any topic.

Mar 28, 2016

Yes the written laws kills. The new law as in cerimonial used as shadow looking forward to the wedding supper in the new heaven and earth .Previously before the reformation under the pagan design of government of kings there was no mingling with men and woman Jew and gentile .the new law elevated. gender and nation status as one new bride.

It becomes what are the woman to be silent of ? For how long...?

Certainly not preaching the gospel. . . its understanding is after no man or woman, nation or tribe. We are warned of those who say we do need a man to teach us. It must refer to relationship teaching for order in the church .

No flirting , either way focus of on the celebration as to what it is pointing to . What is it they are not to teach men and therefore must wait till they get Home? Husbands as infallible teaching masters. Even the Son of man Jesus refused to stand in the holy unseen place of faith

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Quibbling!!
Have you used a systematic theology book? They are a large book that lists every topic and lists every verse on the topic. Keep in mind that you need to look at ALL verses on any topic. That is the only way understand what the Bible says about any topic.
Quibbling? You had better compare credentials and skill at Greek and exegesis with MacArthur. I posted his discourses.

BTW....a deaconess is a servant. Offering service of all kinds. Not a leader of men not a teacher of men not a preacher to men and not leading services.

You liberals are so close to heretics you can hardly tell the difference.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
BTW....a deaconess is a servant. Offering service of all kinds. Not a leader of men not a teacher of men not a preacher to men and not leading services.
Do you say the same of male deacons?

I know you didn't address that to me, but it really is unnecessary to toss insults around. Just deal with the text honestly, and don't rest on the work of others.

Mar 28, 2016
Quibbling? You had better compare credentials and skill at Greek and exegesis with MacArthur. I posted his discourses.

God uses the number two to represent "one work throughout the bible . "Two witnesses" the law and the prophets. The father and the Son. God's perfect one law .

The reformation elevated mankind as one new creature. . the bride of Christ. . . out of two, Jew and Gentile ...the wall came tumbling down never to rise again. She became one new bride. He sends us out two by two.

It takes two to tangle to form a bond of peace. . the government of God. . A loving authority (the Father) and willing submission. (the Son) It produces the fruit of peace of God that surpasses our understanding as a living hope. .

The father and the son (Isaiah 53) , Moses and Aaron (Exodus 4) the Son of man and the father (John 6). Mary and Martha (Luke 10) Paul and Timothy, David and Johnathon. . husband and wife....etc

Two witnesses working together as one authroty. All gifts are two fold in that way . . Working from the mutual source of faith . . as it is written.

like the sisters. .(rivalry) Mary and Martha working as one to serve a third, unseen guest. Plenty of time later for Mary to do her work .

Mary began with the good part. (only God is good) Not that the other part was not needed as part of the gospel feeding with food necessary for this life but also food that endures forever. But is foods for these bodies is not necessary to hear the word of God. . After 40 days Jesus our example refused to feed his body in jeopardy of doing the will of the father not seen . Typified by Moses and Aaron. . . I put words in Aarons mouth and I will be with your mouth, and with his mouth. a mutual work of one God. Again the flesh profits for nothing . what we believe does count if it is working in us.

And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.Luke 10:41-42

Moses in the place of God "instead of" and Arron as a son of man in submission to Moses instead of God as a priest that administers the gospel used together to represent the new creature.

After the manner of Melchezedek. Jesus from the tribe of Judah coming as the high priest of promise. A kingdom of priest and priestess from all nations, men and woman alike holding out the gospel of peace as Ambassadors sent from on high. The place of faith.. (The highest place).He sent His bride out, two by two, its a family ministry .two or three gathered together.

Two working for one outcome.

And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God. Exodus 4

Psalm 62:2 He is my Rock, the only one who can save me. He is my high place of safety, where no army can defeat me.

John 6:45 It is written in the prophets: ‘God will teach them all.’ People listen to the Father and learn from him. They are the ones who come to me.( the temporal seen)

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
I always understood Paul's words about a woman's need to be silent in church as a cultural thing. Supposedly in the early church services men and women were separated on opposite sides of the church. And it was customary for men to ask questions in the middle of a church "service." Women began asking questions, as well, which caused excessive interruptions and confusion. Paul said they were to remain quiet in the service and direct their questions to their husbands at home.

Also, interesting is that on resurrection day Jesus did not choose to have a man carry the news. He sent the most important message of all time through a woman. I tend to think His choice was made on purpose.