is it ok to be friends with gays.

  • Thread starter Thread starter LatoyaQ
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
first off, I know in the bible that being homosexual is wrong, but is it ok to be friends with someone who is homosexual? I'm trying to get right with God and i'm questioning everything i'm doing in my life right now. I just want to be on the safe side so does anyone has an answer for me?
You. An be friends with them. You do not have to agree with them on that aspect of their lives to be friends with them. I have a dear friend who had an abortion a couple months ago. I do not agree with that at all, but I still Choose to be her friend. But I have made it known that I did not agree with her actions, but I won't judge her. So basically, yes you can.
 
"Love the sinner but hate the sin"

In this case (gays) I hate the sin (behavior) and avoid them. Usually, don't have a problem with them until the 'lewd behavior' appears. Heterosexuals can have lewd behavior also and I avoid them.
 
Latoya,

The Lord Jesus is the only reliable "Friend of sinners," and all Homos have access to Jesus, but they rather continue in their whatchamacallit than to leave it all behind for the sake of God's holy exposure.

It's really not about who is friends with whom; frankly, it's all about sinners being friends with God. So, Latoya, what are you doing to be friends with God today? :)
 
Last edited:
You. An be friends with them. You do not have to agree with them on that aspect of their lives to be friends with them. I have a dear friend who had an abortion a couple months ago. I do not agree with that at all, but I still Choose to be her friend. But I have made it known that I did not agree with her actions, but I won't judge her. So basically, yes you can.

And what will happen if her gay friends try to lure her into their world? will she be strong enough to resist, especially if she is given alcohol & drugs. Believe me, if she is hanging around the wrong gay crowd, they will eventually get to her, especially is she is fragile or have issues.
 
Latoya,

Homos are people with sins and shortcomings as the rest of the humans.

The Lord Jesus came to show all people (including Homos) the way to God. To signal them out as if they are lepers of some sort is wrong, but to cradle their homo behavior as peachy friendly is also wrong.

Homos are being lied to by their own peers. Nobody needs other sinners to continue lying to them as if their behaviors are "okay." The Lord Jesus said that we are to be light and salt and well, a blessing to others.

The Lord Jesus is the only reliable "Friend of sinners," and all Homos have access to Jesus, buy they rather continue in their whatchamacallit than to leave it all behind for the sake of God's holy exposure.

It's really not about who is friends with whom; frankly, it's all about sinners being friends with God. So, Latoya, what are you doing to be friends with God today? :)

You have a keen insight on the human condition that is viewed with mercy and compassion that was given to you by God and you allowed to be placed in your heart.
 
And what will happen if her gay friends try to lure her into their world? will she be strong enough to resist, especially if she is given alcohol & drugs. Believe me, if she is hanging around the wrong gay crowd, they will eventually get to her, especially is she is fragile or have issues.
I do not know what kind you have met, but the ones I have met do not try to "lure" anyone. And they don't make a habit of giving alcohol and drugs either....
 
I do not know what kind you have met, but the ones I have met do not try to "lure" anyone. And they don't make a habit of giving alcohol and drugs either....

Welcome to the real world !!!! You may want to catch up or update the knowledge. There are tons of info on their orgies & parties on YouTube.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There's lots of stuff on youtube. Did you know that margarine is only one molecule away from plastic? And the moon landing was all fake (I saw the sound stage they set up on Mars.) And don't get me started about the freak show that is a pentecostal church service...

There are horror stories about all kinds of groups, including homosexuals. If you believe them, then buddy I got a bridge I want to sell you. Or how about a gold brick? I can sell you a solid brick of gold, really cheap too. :D
 
There's lots of stuff on youtube. Did you know that margarine is only one molecule away from plastic? And the moon landing was all fake (I saw the sound stage they set up on Mars.) And don't get me started about the freak show that is a pentecostal church service...

There are horror stories about all kinds of groups, including homosexuals. If you believe them, then buddy I got a bridge I want to sell you. Or how about a gold brick? I can sell you a solid brick of gold, really cheap too. :D

Have you tried "Fred Sanford" junkyard? it's a nice place to start.:)
 
Welcome to the real world !!!! You may want to catch up or update the knowledge. There are tons of info on their orgies & parties on YouTube.

Uh... I don't particularly use YouTube to look up information about parties and orgies... whether straight or gay... but that's just me. Call me ignorant, but no, I never realized such information was available. I will remain blissfully unaware.

Nor do I intend to look it up, seek it out, or research it in any way. And I would say the same of straight orgies as well, as I've known Christian guys who have told me about participating in them (along with "sex clubs", S&M parties, etc.) Sorry, just not interested.

People are people, with good and bad in every mix. One of the reasons I'm single is because many of the Christian guys I meet my own age have had sexual partners numbering in the double digits... and they just added to their count last month. (I know about forgiveness and overlooking the past, but if the behavior is very recent and ongoing, I see it as a huge red flag.)

In my work situation, I'm around several people with several different orientations. There are a couple middle-aged married guys with families who egg each other on (talking about illicit sexual behaviors... with women other than their spouses... and saying, "Go for it, man! Do it! Do it!") They are often standing around talking to each other and usually make "comments" to me when I unfortunately have to pass by them.

This is just me, but I feel much safer (and very much prefer to work with) some of my homosexual co-workers who are polite and hard-working rather than the straight men who stand around on company time and act like this. The same thing would go for working with homosexual women, as long as they were hard-working and respectful.

Disrespectful behavior and crossing lines is unacceptable for anyone, whether gay or straight.
 
Uh... I don't particularly use YouTube to look up information about parties and orgies... whether straight or gay... but that's just me. Call me ignorant, but no, I never realized such information was available. I will remain blissfully unaware.

Nor do I intend to look it up, seek it out, or research it in any way. And I would say the same of straight orgies as well, as I've known Christian guys who have told me about participating in them (along with "sex clubs", S&M parties, etc.) Sorry, just not interested.

People are people, with good and bad in every mix. One of the reasons I'm single is because many of the Christian guys I meet my own age have had sexual partners numbering in the double digits... and they just added to their count last month. (I know about forgiveness and overlooking the past, but if the behavior is very recent and ongoing, I see it as a huge red flag.)

In my work situation, I'm around several people with several different orientations. There are a couple middle-aged married guys with families who egg each other on (talking about illicit sexual behaviors... with women other than their spouses... and saying, "Go for it, man! Do it! Do it!") They are often standing around talking to each other and usually make "comments" to me when I unfortunately have to pass by them.

This is just me, but I feel much safer (and very much prefer to work with) some of my homosexual co-workers who are polite and hard-working rather than the straight men who stand around on company time and act like this. The same thing would go for working with homosexual women, as long as they were hard-working and respectful.

Disrespectful behavior and crossing lines is unacceptable for anyone, whether gay or straight.

Make no mistake about ... straight & gays are sinners. I hate the lewd behavior from both groups and avoid them if it is displayed. I am treated exceptionally well by the gay community and have no problem patronizing them.

I just don't like the lewd behavior from both sides. Seen enough over the years to make me vomit.

My Christian view is to love the sinner and hate the sin.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We are called to be salt and light unto the World. How can we be that, if we are not in the World? (Keep in mind there is a difference between being in the World and part of the World.) How will someone whose homosexual know about Christ unless there are Christians who are there spreading the Word of God. As Ugly and Ken, and several others have said, yes, it's okay to be friends with them. However, be careful to not let your relationship with Christ be pulled apart. Surround yourself with strong Christians, who will lift you up. Seek your mentors and role models on those who are spiritually strong in Christ. Make them your closest confidants. But at the same time, do not alienate those who are lost, because you never know if you will be the one that God uses to bring them to Him.
 
Last edited:
...but is it ok to be friends with someone who is homosexual?

138568626591.gif
 
Yes, who are we to judge? I keep them in my prayer as I believe that any sort of discrimination goes against God's will
 
Jesus well knowning what was about to happen said to Judas his betrayer, "Friend, do what you came here to do". Jesus wasn't being sarcastic by calling him friend, that would be out of his character.

To be a friend of a homosexual is not wrong. To become unequally yoked with one however is wrong. Just be alert and make sure you don't get yourself in a position where he may try and come on to you. I've noticed that some homosexuals like to make it a project to turn a straight man gay. One homosexual once said to me as he hit on me that he only hits on or dates straight males. Obviously that was a lie but still, they are males who are attracted to other males. Being close to a homosexual may be a very difficult them for them. Or it might not. Just be alert and discerning.
 
homosexuality is a sin but considering we are all sinners theres no reason we shouldnt point them to grace.
 
Should I feel alright to befriend a con artist? Most con artists don't directly harm anyone. What about a thief? Perhaps a person who cusses constantly. Ooh, and what about a 33rd degree Freemason who worships Satan? Perhaps a drug dealer.... it's ok as long as they don't try to harm me, right? Let's be friends with true hypocrites & pharisees.... after all, they're almost christians! And.... let's not forget the wicked televangelists.... who are they hurting? He's my neighbor & invites me to his mansion for a bar-b-que. I just might win him to the Lord, right?

It's ironic how we detest those "sinners" in the church who try to destroy it, yet run with those outside the church who are also trying to destroy it. A sinner is still a sinner, right? :rolleyes:

1 Corinthians 10:20 (KJV) [SUP]20 [/SUP]But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

2 Corinthians 6:14 (KJV) [SUP]14 [/SUP]Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Ephesians 5:11 (KJV) [SUP]11 [/SUP]And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
 
Yes it is ok.... Makes me sad to think otherwise .... I have a sibling who is gay and if they could change it they would it is NOT a choice ...
 
I knew eventually this thread would turn into a shouting match... For the record, according to the Bible it IS in fact a choice. Or rather it is the result of a choice. Just like any other sin and its consequences.
 
Should I feel alright to befriend a con artist? Most con artists don't directly harm anyone. What about a thief? Perhaps a person who cusses constantly. Ooh, and what about a 33rd degree Freemason who worships Satan? Perhaps a drug dealer.... it's ok as long as they don't try to harm me, right? Let's be friends with true hypocrites & pharisees.... after all, they're almost christians! And.... let's not forget the wicked televangelists.... who are they hurting? He's my neighbor & invites me to his mansion for a bar-b-que. I just might win him to the Lord, right?

It's ironic how we detest those "sinners" in the church who try to destroy it, yet run with those outside the church who are also trying to destroy it. A sinner is still a sinner, right? :rolleyes:

1 Corinthians 10:20 (KJV) [SUP]20 [/SUP]But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

2 Corinthians 6:14 (KJV) [SUP]14 [/SUP]Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Ephesians 5:11 (KJV) [SUP]11 [/SUP]And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Hmmm. Should I be friends with a person who has lied? Should I be friends with a person who has sexual thoughts outside of marriage? Should I be friends with people who worship other Gods and therefore break the first commandment of God? Should I be friends with people who have dishonored their parents?

God does not categorize sin as bigger sins and smaller sins. For Him, sin is sin. There is white, and then, there is black. There is no grey when it comes to God.

Taking your verses into consideration, this is what I get from them:

1 Corinthians 10:20 (KJV) - The Gentiles worship devils. Do not worship devils. There is only one God

2 Corinthians 6:14 (KJV)- Do not get married to an unbeliever, or be in a committed relationship with them.

Ephesians 5:11 (KJV)- Do not commit those "unfruitful" acts. Condemn the act, and do not do it. Condemning the sinner has no reference here.

Jesus had dinner with prostitutes and money-launderers. That was "fellowship" wasn't it? I'm pretty sure Jesus befriended all people. He loved them all. If Jesus had to stay away from sinners, He definitely wouldn't have even stepped foot onto this Earth, for sure!