Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

It's a cooperation. If people would take the time and truly read this article on Philippines 2:12-13. I truly believe they will finally understand what my uneducated self is trying to say. https://bible.org/seriespage/lesson-13-working-out-our-salvation-philippians-212-13

No its not a cooperation. It is God..

He saved me, I did not cooperate.

Phil 2 speaks of working out the RESULTS of your salvation. About acting in a way that our testimony is destroyed, and our ability to teach or draw people to god is not hindered.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

No its not a cooperation. It is God..

He saved me, I did not cooperate.

Phil 2 speaks of working out the RESULTS of your salvation. About acting in a way that our testimony is destroyed, and our ability to teach or draw people to god is not hindered.
I see you didn't read the article lol. But anyways no sweat off my back. Pride is a hard thing to overcome

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Once a son by birth always a son by birth.......
We will always be creations created in our heavenly Father's image. The difference between earth father's and our heavenly Father is our heavenly Father has gave us a book to live by and our means to salvation. If his child doesn't believe and cooperate in a relationship with the father as the father works in him giving him the Spirit to know what he should be doing. He will not force you. And as any good father he will always love his children and this is why he will even have mercy on hell and completely be rid of hell in the new heaven and earth.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Amen to that.....does it not say....

It is better to trust into the Lord than to put confidence in man/men......
Your right and the Lord has placed all scriptureto live and breathe by in its principles not just a select few.

E

eternally-gratefull

I see you didn't read the article lol. But anyways no sweat off my back. Pride is a hard thing to overcome
what pride? I have read many things about Phil 2, I have even taught on it.

I could tell by what you said you did ot understand what it says. so why should I read an article

Dec 12, 2013
We will always be creations created in our heavenly Father's image. The difference between earth father's and our heavenly Father is our heavenly Father has gave us a book to live by and our means to salvation. If his child doesn't believe and cooperate in a relationship with the father as the father works in him giving him the Spirit to know what he should be doing. He will not force you. And as any good father he will always love his children and this is why he will even have mercy on hell and completely be rid of hell in the new heaven and earth.
Hell gets cast into the lake of fire....along with ALL who are lost.....Salvation is eternal and once for all act!

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
what pride? I have read many things about Phil 2, I have even taught on it.

I could tell by what you said you did ot understand what it says. so why should I read an article
Because your only assuming and believe I am saying that my own works is what saves me. That would be ignorant to put myself on the same level as God.

What does teaching on the subject prove that possibly only proves you lead people astray or maybe we are more aligned than you think.

I think you have the puppet theology

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Hell gets cast into the lake of fire....along with ALL who are lost.....Salvation is eternal and once for all act!
And that's the mercy he gives to the damned because our God is a merciful God.. I believe he cries over every soul damned to hell.

Salvation is eternal to all of the true followers of Christ.

Y'all should be read the book Not a Fan if you have not already.

E

eternally-gratefull

Because your only assuming and believe I am saying that my own works is what saves me. That would be ignorant to put myself on the same level as God.

What does teaching on the subject prove that possibly only proves you lead people astray or maybe we are more aligned than you think.

I think you have the puppet theology

if relying in Chist alone means I have puppet theology. Then so be it.

Just because you claim your not trying to earn your salvation does not mean it is so.. I am sure Pharisees would not say they earned it either.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

Just because you claim your not trying to earn your salvation does not mean it is so.. I am sure Pharisees would not say they earned it either.
Christ will enlighten who he enlightens. For who don't understand is not a flaw on them but takes God to open the minds to be able to except the whole food of God.

Do you rely on Christ to make you a paycheck? Or do you rely on Christ to physically move you to help the poor?

Or are you moved to action by a feeling of self sufficiency and care for the needy. Once you are moved with these thoughts and feelings do you by force act on them 100% of the time?

Dec 12, 2013
And that's the mercy he gives to the damned because our God is a merciful God.. I believe he cries over every soul damned to hell.

Salvation is eternal to all of the true followers of Christ.

Y'all should be read the book Not a Fan if you have not already.
a. Mercy? The smoke of their torment ascends before the throne for ever
b. Salvation is eternal to all who acknowledge Jesus BIBLICALLY by faith
c. What are you talking about pal?

Dec 12, 2013

Amen to this one as well....UNTO HIM be GLORY......why...he alone is worthy of all praise....

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
a. Mercy? The smoke of their torment ascends before the throne for ever
b. Salvation is eternal to all who acknowledge Jesus BIBLICALLY by faith
c. What are you talking about pal?
Revelation 20:14New International Version (NIV)

14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Hell and all who inhabited it won't be forever they will just no longer exist in the new creation God has prepared.

I'm glad saying I believe means your saved forever. Many children say this but by this way of thinking once they grow up and live by the world only saying they are Christian because they go to church every now and then. This way of thinking means they don't have to worry and can keep ignoring the spirit because they are saved. They can deliberately sin all they want even knowing it's wrong.

The key word is exercise. We must exercise our faith everyday because like a muscle it will also grow weak and the Spirit will get harder and harder to hear as we rely on our own ways.

Ephesians 5:18New International Version (NIV)

18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
1 Thessalonians 5:19English Standard Version (ESV)

19 Do not quench the Spirit.

The Spirit may never be put out but we can starve it by our own free will.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Revelation 20:14New International Version (NIV)

14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Hell and all who inhabited it won't be forever they will just no longer exist in the new creation God has prepared.

I'm glad saying I believe means your saved forever. Many children say this but by this way of thinking once they grow up and live by the world only saying they are Christian because they go to church every now and then. This way of thinking means they don't have to worry and can keep ignoring the spirit because they are saved. They can deliberately sin all they want even knowing it's wrong.

The key word is exercise. We must exercise our faith everyday because like a muscle it will also grow weak and the Spirit will get harder and harder to hear as we rely on our own ways.

Ephesians 5:18New International Version (NIV)

18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,
Hi,

Are you saying that once saved, one can deliberately sin all they want even knowing it is all wrong?
Umm...Is this not an extreme cry against those who believe in OSAS? Do you know someone in
here (OSAS Believers) believes that?

Great! we need to exercise our daily faith to keep it strong but isn't this matter belongs to the saved?

Thanks