Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
As I said yesterday, missing the mark is about hitting a defined target like using an arrow, or spear or
sling shot.

By definition the target is clear and obvious. And because the target is clear and obvious it is easy to
see how you have missed it. This is Gods definition of what sin is, which you kept on repeating to me
in the past. Now I had previously assumed this was like a mark of overall perfection etc. in general.
But now I understand clearer the biblical and hebrew meaning of the word, I am saying, this is the biblical
definition. But you seem now very silent on this subject while repeating the same idea I have got it wrong.

Please show me how. It appears you are the one who has got it wrong my friend.
God bless you.
I just told you why.

it does no good to keep trying to explain something to someone who has no intention of actually hearing it.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I just told you why.
it does no good to keep trying to explain something to someone who has no intention of actually hearing it.
Maybe you told me in your head, not in what your wrote.
I can probably deduce what you mean. No man can walk without sinning constantly.

This is the belief of some, though it is not in scripture or founded in fact.
Sin is about actions, not about states. A murderer is a murderer because they have murdered
someone. It is not like they are continually murdering, the one event makes them what they
are. If one is forgiven, cleansed and purified one is a saint and no longer a sinner.

One only becomes a sinner when the law is broken again. This is Pauls argument.

9 We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,
10 for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine
1 Tim 1

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
Gal 5

16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
Rom 6

Put simply the obedient walk with God and are Gods Holy righteous people.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Looking at a woman to lust after her is a gross sin.
Do you not understand what I mean?

It is not a sin to not say thank you for something, or if you forget something to not say
sorry, or of things go badly to not be as supportive as one might, or to be more abrupt
than one otherwise might be.

Some suggest if I know I could give to a charity and not to another, I have sinned in not
doing good. Or if I feel I should give up something for lent and do not do it I have sinned.

Going to church in jeans, or smoking, or drinking become sins, or watching certain programs
or films etc. all become sins.

But these are cultural expressions, which are not the problem with our hearts and how we
love, care and show compassion.

U

UnderGrace

It is not a sin to not say thank you for something, or if you forget something to not say
sorry, or of things go badly to not be as supportive as one might, or to be more abrupt

Some suggest if I know I could give to a charity and not to another, I have sinned in not
doing good. Or if I feel I should give up something for lent and do not do it I have sinned.

Going to church in jeans, or smoking, or drinking become sins, or watching certain programs

But these are cultural expressions, which are not the problem with our hearts and how we
Okay you are just making it up as you go along...you know it really does not work that way when it comes to Truth!!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Okay you are just making it up as you go along...you know it really does not work that way when it comes to Truth!!
Hi UG,

Now where are you coming from. Are you saying that OCD ideas about doing things wrong
actually are sin? Where do you get this from? The OCD version of walking with God.

OCD people in some cases cannot make a meal in case their hands carry germs, and they
have to wear gloves, and then they worry about the gloves until they do nothing.

This is the truth. And until you can separate out OCD view of sin from the real view of sin,
you will always be a condemned sinner doomed to hell.

You do realise sin does kill. So if I do something that does no harm and does not lead to
destruction then it by definition cannot be sinful. What some probably fear is if they lose all
their OCD sins they will then have real sin which needs to be resolved. And that is much more difficult
and something often people definately want to avoid.

So I get the impression making things up is actually what people do to avoid the hard reality of
facing a Holy God who asks us to change.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

Wow, we have some real ultra legalists.
It seems that wearing jeans, smoking and drinking is actual sin, and it demonstrates how we
need Jesus to be our righteousness while we sin away.

But then if you grew up in a church that said these cultural sins meant you were a sinner, then
it makes sense that is what they are reacting against, and for me to say it is wrong just spoils
their game of saying I am a legalist.

I truly love people where they are, with the aim in Christ to bring them through to a new
life with Him, and a new walk and way to eternity.

Now if people are so locked in their hearts to these perspectives and language, no wonder nothing
ever gets through, because the projections are so strong, I am not given a chance to share love and
the truth of Christ in God and His ways of righteousness.

Dec 12, 2013
Notre Dame is burning......I don't care...........everything man has built will burn to the ground..........!!

Dec 12, 2013
Yes it would seem so
I stated before that they sell diapers and binkis at Walmart........HAH.............I see he is still mouthing me behind my back while I am away.........while siding with one who is diametrically opposed in dogma.......interesting

Dec 12, 2013
S
1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:10- 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Love is a fruit.

1 John 3:14- 14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1John 3: 18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Love is a fruit.

Will we be infallible? Will we be without stumbling? No. That is what 1 John 1:9 is about. But if we are Christians, it will show in the way we love and keep God's commandments. And that is bearing fruit.

Just like giving a testimony that God uses to draw someone is fruit.

Just like praising God is the fruit of our lips.

Etc.
So what....love is a process of growth and maturity.....regardless of your inability to grasp that truth.........
LET the LOVE of GOD be PERFECTED IN YOU <-----MATURED PAL

Dec 12, 2013
Well, according to DC you can be twice dead, withered fruit, without fruit apple trees...

...and it takes wheat a few months to grow, not thousands of years. (see parable of wheat and tares)

29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”

(the harvest is the end of the age, therefore the wheat is harvested thousands of years later, so by your half baked system of interpretation, we have a miracle every year. Wheat that should take thousands of years to come to fruition coming to fruition in only a few months)

Matthew 24:8- All these are the beginning of sorrows.

The phrase "beginning of sorrows" is odin, which was used for childbirth, so according to DC's half baked system of interpretation, the tribulation spoken of Jesus would only last hours.

It is bad interpretation to make an analogy or parable walk on all fours.
You know....when you lie and misrepresent what I say by the bolded drivel above....it does not make you look very biblical pal.....I have consistently stated that the comparison in JUDE is to 3 false teachers and ALL three were never saved......

Dec 12, 2013
"dcontroversal, post: 3900542, member: 183444"]You are consistent I will say......in being dishonest......OK...back to iggyville.....enough evidence for all to see last page or so........CYA

dcontroversal said:
You falsely accused me....You got called on it...You said prove it....I did....you said you would go away in shame....why are you still here?

Argueless said:

Go and know for yourself what dcon's stance is re: LYING TO THE HOLY SPIRIT...then maybe you can share to us what your "HONEST and full of INTEGRITY" mentor have told you. I do expect that he will respond to you unless he's hiding something

This is your accusation?

He said you STANCE on lying to the Holy Spirit, not that you lied to the Holy Spirit. He was referring to this. When you answered his question "are Ananais and Saphira saved", and you basically answered YES.

So Argueless was referring to your stance on lying to the Holy Spirit, which is that a Christian can do it, be struck down by God and die, and still be saved.

Well, OK, you can believe that if you want, but don't accuse someone of accusing you of something when they are only addressing your position.
You know....your time here will be short pal...keep being deceptive....hey by the way...what happened to your signature that was mouthing me?

Dec 12, 2013
Mac, you're losing it, pal. I specifically asked you if your statement applies to individuals, you said it applied to everyone. Everyone literally means "every person", yet you'll stand there and deny basic English grammar in an attempt to justify yourself.

Anyone going back and reading the whole post can see that immediately.
Good luck.....................

Dec 12, 2013
Because I'm addressing a specific point you made. You do this as well. If you want me to re-post your entire posts, I've no problem with that.
HAHAHAH he embellished what I said....he only quoted a PART and in so doing made it say SOMETHING I did not say....OH well......his vendetta will soon end.....

Dec 12, 2013
:(

I was hoping people would not bite This thread the last two days has been a laughing stock. It is a sad representation of what the purpose of this thread was used for. I pray if people want to bciker like kids they go open another thread and take this fight elsewhere. Because this is pathetic. Ya have one guy who has said twice now he was leaving, another guy who has been banned twice already, and they are doing what they do. And what they want to do is disrupt this thread and the word of God. And discredit good godly people.

Sorry for my rant, but it is just sad
AMEN...I agree.......back to the facts....JESUS saves, justifies, sanctifies and seals by FAITH.........eternally

U

UnderGrace

I stated before that they sell diapers and binkis at Walmart........HAH.............I see he is still mouthing me behind my back while I am away.........while siding with one who is diametrically opposed in dogma.......interesting
I just find that people that adopt this stance that salvation must be proven or the person is not saved confuse me, just like the the "salvation can be lost" group are confusing.............first they argue one way and then when they hit a wall they back peddle and try another direction, hit another wall.....I do not know why I end up with the headache, it should be them with all the walls they keep hitting. :D