So many anti charismatic smear jobs allowed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
I am a charismatic member of Jesuses body.
And yet I am fair game.
Attacking the body of christ is demonic.

Actual believers with a green light to attack other believers for their beliefs.

End times madness
And this forum incubates it.

Feb 29, 2020
I sympathize with you on a human level (though I disagree with the Charismatic sect).

Unfortunately it's the nature of this type of non-face to face communication. Years ago, before becoming a believer, I participated in worldly discussion forums (Home Theater topics, etc.).

But years later, after becoming a believer, I decided to join a discussion forum relating to Christianity. I think I posted one response to a topic (probably the only post I ever made on that site years ago) and I was shocked to find the same type of rudeness as on the worldly sites I used to frequent. I stopped posting on that site (probably around 2008) and I only now just recently decided to explore the Christian discussion boards again. After finding this one I decided to give it another go; especially since I am now much more acquainted with the scriptures.

But I was once again seeing spirit troubling behavior by professed believers on this forum as well. I nearly abandoned this site as well, but decided to stick it out and quench those fiery darts with the shield of faith.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
As just another member absolutely, I am sorry that you feel persecuted. I see a lot of that in the Bible study forum. I use to go in there and try and post scriptures, ones that are very clear on how we should come together and reason, not argue back and forth, with character assassinations, when we are called to answer with grace, to show brotherly love and mercy then walk away if it goes no where.

I got a good humbling when I attempted to be a peace maker, boy did that blow up in my face, lol. Honestly, though, I am thankful for I am not the Holy Spirit and I am not the fixer, He is. Plus, I have plenty of stuff in my own self that needs His Holiness to help. He deals so patiently with us all. Anyway, It turned out to be a good thing. I love how God works all things together.

My point is, I understand your frustrations and it isn't just you and your charismatic beliefs that ppl smear. I know it can be hurtful and def NOT loving. Once and Robo have to wade through the reports over this kind of stuff daily. In my honest opinion, they seek to be fair and reasonable and it isn't an easy job.

Anyway, I just say walk away and don't engage. Ppl are flawed, no one is without blemish except the Holy Lamb of God.

I have not read what you are referring to but I am sorry that dialogue shared with others here left you feeling that you or your walk was attacked.

If I have said anything offensive to you or more importantly to our Lord, I sincerely apologize.

May Gods' blessings be upon you.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
And yet I am fair game.

Actual believers with a green light to attack other believers for their beliefs.

End times madness
It's not you. It's the doctrine you espouse.

Paul told Timothy to teach sound doctrine. You could start a thread and explore the doctrine of redemption of sinners by grace through faith.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

frankly, I am more concerned about one individual in particular who posts thread after thread after thread

and for the most part, his theology is so skewed as to be heretical at times

as for the anti Holy Spirit crowd, those we shall always have with us as multiple threads in this forum have attested

but it's the mocking...the videos ...the acting like those who are not cessationists all behave in the manner shown in the mocking videos

I wish this forum would have what some call 'one stop' threads rather than multiples of the same subject matter

people might not feel like they are under attack and just avoid the one stops...I've seen that work really well in another forum

I used to start threads but I don't even bother anymore. you can't get past the first page without certain people using a thread that they did not start, as a springboard for their own persuasions...and that is even while having multiple threads of their own

perhaps a moratorium on how many threads a person can start in one day or better yet one week...like 3 or 4

other people might like to have an op without the constant mocking from those who seem to think this forum is their personal playground

7seasrekeyed

It's not you. It's the doctrine you espouse.

Paul told Timothy to teach sound doctrine. You could start a thread and explore the doctrine of redemption of sinners by grace through faith.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

and here we have a fine example of what I said in the post above

Roger cannot keep his hands off anyone's thread who espouses the gifts or even mentions the Holy Spirit

I dunno, but it seems to me a good number of people have left that should have stayed because they were not constantly on the lookout to see who they could denigrade

it's really tiresome Roger. you must love the sound of your own voice and it's not very charitable to constantly constantly do what you and a few others are doing here

notuptome

May 17, 2013
and here we have a fine example of what I said in the post above

Roger cannot keep his hands off anyone's thread who espouses the gifts or even mentions the Holy Spirit

I dunno, but it seems to me a good number of people have left that should have stayed because they were not constantly on the lookout to see who they could denigrade

it's really tiresome Roger. you must love the sound of your own voice and it's not very charitable to constantly constantly do what you and a few others are doing here
It's a public forum. If you want private forums have the admin create a section for such activities.

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

It's a public forum. If you want private forums have the admin create a section for such activities.

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
it sure is

and you are a public nuisance! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I sympathize with you on a human level (though I disagree with the Charismatic sect).

Unfortunately it's the nature of this type of non-face to face communication. Years ago, before becoming a believer, I participated in worldly discussion forums (Home Theater topics, etc.).

But years later, after becoming a believer, I decided to join a discussion forum relating to Christianity. I think I posted one response to a topic (probably the only post I ever made on that site years ago) and I was shocked to find the same type of rudeness as on the worldly sites I used to frequent. I stopped posting on that site (probably around 2008) and I only now just recently decided to explore the Christian discussion boards again. After finding this one I decided to give it another go; especially since I am now much more acquainted with the scriptures.

But I was once again seeing spirit troubling behavior by professed believers on this forum as well. I nearly abandoned this site as well, but decided to stick it out and quench those fiery darts with the shield of faith.
Well yes, our flesh gets the best of us sometimes. I see disturbing stuff, for sure. We often take ease and comfort rebuking and reproaching others, feeling that is our calling but unable to be on the receiving end of stuff. And we tend to have our flesh at the helm, all while saying, with actions and words, that it is the calling to be unkind and unmerciful, mocking, clicking, gathering support from others to pounce. Um no not so good.

However, I have witnessed, a great deal of humility, growth, ownership, graceful rebuke, edifying encouragement, prayer and care, accountability, sound and reasonable reasoning and teaching, all of which I give all the Glory to our Lord because every good thing is His.

So yes, anywhere online and off, we will witness and face ugliness from us humans, :(, ourselves included. For me, that points to how we will always need Jesus and His mercy. We, praise the Lord, will always have work to do, thankfully His ever working Self helps us. We need Him desperately.

Lord, help us be different than the world, help us to find the line and walk the line that brings honor and glory to You. And when we stumble, Lord help us to examine and recognize, repenting and moving forward in a manner pleasing to You. Help us to be merciful to others and ourselves so that we don't waste precious time in muddling in our responses and feelings. Help us not to assume the worst in one another. Lord, You know I am just as guilty of taking comfort in my fleshly tendencies. Help guard our softened hearts given. We know Your grace is sufficient and we know You are Holy. We thank You for Your goodness and for the family You provide.

I am glad You remind us that we are called to be set apart.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
perhaps a moratorium on how many threads a person can start in one day or better yet one week...like 3 or 4
^^^ This! ^^^

And... please put a stop to members who continually "bump" their own threads by adding yet more material that nobody reads.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Rebuking, for us all seems to be easier to give than to receive, lol.

Sorry, just seeking to bring levity.

Love you all...

God Bless and play nice.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
^^^ This! ^^^

And... please put a stop to members who continually "bump" their own threads by adding yet more material that nobody reads.
I am so guilty of this, hahaha, but in all fairness it isn't with intent to bump a thread.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I am so guilty of this, hahaha, but in all fairness it isn't with intent to bump a thread.
I'm thinking of one person in particular, and it certainly isn't you. Though, honestly, I wonder if it is not a person at all, but a 'bot. The user in question demonstrates almost as much personality as a 'bot.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Where two or more come together in my name, I am there. I have seen this many times over, and this is charismatic.

I have not felt the Presence with great numbers in any congregation.

I just wonder how many here have ever been brought to another one or two or maore charismatically? When this occurs, it is known.

Sorrya always about any false brethren, but df not condemn any brother who believes Jesus-Yeshua and understands the power of His Holy Spirit, this is sthe original form of worship in the saved souls of Jesus-Yeshua.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
This is, after all, a discussion forum. If you expect everyone to agree with you 100% on scriptural matters, you very likely will be disappointed.
YOU see things one way, others see it differently. Their disagreement with you is not "attacking" you.
I disagree with infant baptism. I will readily discuss this with anyone... if you happened to be one that believed in it, I would not be attacking you, I would be disagreeing with you.

There is a big, big difference. Sometimes you simply have to state your beliefs, give scriptural proof, then agree to disagree...

7seasrekeyed

^^^ This! ^^^

that would absolutely cut down on the negative and mocking type threads

it's the same people posting multiples every day. it's not helping the forums at all IMO

L

Locoponydirtman

And yet I am fair game.

End times madness
I haven't seen this happening at all.
Please provide proof.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Rebuking, for us all seems to be easier to give than to receive, lol.

Sorry, just seeking to bring levity.

Love you all...

God Bless and play nice.
Getting a rebuke on the BDF can be like a badge of honor, or getting a gold star or something to that effect. Don't bother me none that's for sure. :)

Mar 4, 2020
"38John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” 39But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. 40For the one who is not against us is for us. 41For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward." John 9:38-41

People shouldn't despise other Christian groups which is plainly stated in the above verse. It's also worth noting that the letters of the New Testament were directed toward different groups. You will find things in some books of the Bible that were not written in other books. The recipients of these letters were not necessarily aware of the letters other church groups were getting because since churches are made of individuals who face unique challenges, it behooved the writers of these letters to tailor them to their audience.

Plainly, this is why the Bible as we know it is a collection of writings with profoundly different scriptural interpretations depending on how the reader understands them relative to their situation in life. There are non-negotiable core tenants in Christianity, but there is also a lot of freedom.

How we're told to interact with those who we are in disagreement with is with the humility to know we cannot have all of the answers unless we were blessed with all knowledge and wisdom beforehand, grace to understand that sanctification is process and accumulation of wisdom is incremental through experience, forgiveness to those with condescending pride and judgement, and above all else Love which unites us and motivates us to uplift and encourage each other as member of the body of Christ.