The Singles Thread

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Well let's see, I'm the single cinder who got halfway through life single and figures hey I've almost got this single thing figured out, maybe I should just keep going with it. My faithful companions are my dog and my computer and I spend my time at work, in the garden, and taking care of my dog and house. I'm smart, annoyingly logical most of the time, and like playing weird board games you never heard of to keep my brain occupied. But every once in a while it would be nice to have someone to help me move furniture, play board games with me, walk the dog when it's slick and snowy out, and do the household chores that I don't much like doing. And also help me build stuff because I kind of dream of being all clever about actually building things but I'm not. I'm more clever at words and math and remembering stuff. But I wanna build a garden wagon since I'm about to have 4 leftover wheels from defunct grills, and I may need some help coming up with a low cost winter plant shelter for the big blueberry plants in pots. Oh and depending on where I get the new grill, I may need to assemble that as well.
 
Hi Michael,

I have always wanted to see Canada -- maybe I'll make it there someday. :) What are a few highlights that you recommend seeing at these favorite places?

I'm sorry that I'm not familiar with many of the games you listed. Does anyone else out there play them as well? What games do others recommend?

Is Sim City the one where you build your own simulations? What are some of the best things you've built?

I'm not sure that I have a favorite book of the Bible, but there are certain people and stories that are my go-to's. One of my favorite people in the Bible is Jeremiah, because he was real about his great discouragements.

And one of my favorite Bible stories is when the Hebrew midwives saved their people's baby boys, despite the command to throw them into the river. I love the passage that says, "Because the midwives feared God, He gave them families of their own." (Exodus 1:21)

Who are some people you admire in the Bible, and why?
Hi,
Well I definately Recommend one of our more famous Tourist attractions Niagara Falls Ontario, I also reccommend if you get the chance to visit the town of Grande Cache Alberta, located in the mountains of Alberta, a very beautiful and breath taking scenery.
I recommend Driving across Canada, the Trans Canada Highway will take you past some of the most spectacular scenery in Canada. ( I got to see it once spending 2 days on a bus from Alberta to Ontario). The waterfront of Windsor gives a spectacular view of the Detroit Skyline and Londons Thames River sits behind the art gallery in the downtown core. Where you can photograph the geese and ducks by the dozens. Also Cambridge City hall has an annual Christmas market featuring local vendors every year. Corydon Ave in Winnipeg is it's own Tourist Attraction.

It's ok, I am probably not familiar with games you play either. not Sure, probably. I don't know what others recommend.

Job for sure, a guy that can go through what he has been through and still praise God is a man to be admired. Michael The arch Angel, a guy that stands up to Satan and gets little credit for his work. Not much is known about him.

What about you? who do you admire in the Bible>?
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
Well let's see, I'm the single cinder who got halfway through life single and figures hey I've almost got this single thing figured out, maybe I should just keep going with it. My faithful companions are my dog and my computer and I spend my time at work, in the garden, and taking care of my dog and house. I'm smart, annoyingly logical most of the time, and like playing weird board games you never heard of to keep my brain occupied. But every once in a while it would be nice to have someone to help me move furniture, play board games with me, walk the dog when it's slick and snowy out, and do the household chores that I don't much like doing. And also help me build stuff because I kind of dream of being all clever about actually building things but I'm not. I'm more clever at words and math and remembering stuff. But I wanna build a garden wagon since I'm about to have 4 leftover wheels from defunct grills, and I may need some help coming up with a low cost winter plant shelter for the big blueberry plants in pots. Oh and depending on where I get the new grill, I may need to assemble that as well.
Same here, born and raised in a sexually repressive and materialistic culture, having been celibate all my life, never touched or interacted with any woman. I first justified this as fate, then with medieval Catholic reverence for chastity, then with certain messages from the Scripture (singleness is a gift, Matt. 19:10-12; marriage is a distraction, 1 Cor. 7:32-34), then with #MeToo, any move towards a woman could be perceived as harassment; then with the increasing prevalence of transactional nature in most relationships, then back to fate. As logical as you, I've concluded that this desiring for such a purely hypothetical, imaginary partner is just the sin of lust, I was pre-ordained in a time and place not suitable for love affair, true contentment is found in lord Jesus Christ.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
yea it's a real thing.
You hire-a-hubby and he does all the handyman jobs around the house that the real hubby doesn't do.


That's a nice name for a handyman!

Oh incidentally, I thought your suggestion about crotcheting squares and then crotcheting them together sounds like a good idea. I bought the book:

613JxnhU9ML._SX342_SY445_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Synopsis

This updated second edition offers crocheters at all skill levels even more to love about granny squares with twenty-five brand new squares and twenty-five all-new projects.

Since it was first published in 2011, The Granny Square Book has instructed and inspired thousands of crocheters to make and create beautiful, stylish projects with these classic motifs.

Now updated with twenty-five additional squares (for a total of 100!) and all new projects, this new edition offers crocheters at all skill levels even more to love about granny squares. Author and designer Margaret Hubert shows you the amazing versatility and variety of this portable and convenient technique of crocheting square by square—how it can be used to make almost anything and interpreted in countless ways and different yarns.


This book includes:
  • Crochet basics used for making granny squares
  • Stitch instructions and symbol diagrams for 100 unique squares
  • Twenty-five all new projects—garments, accessories, gifts, and home décor
  • Guidance and ideas for designing your own granny square projects
Fire up your crochet hooks! There's lots of granny square fun to come!

There were a lot of other granny square books that looked good as well on Amazon, but I picked this first because the designs were so pretty. I'll get the others later. I'll probably get this one next because it emplys other shapes besides squares:

61mMhwZyj5L._SY445_SX342_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg


🕊
 
That's cool I might check if the library has any copies.
I was going to knit a jumper, found this pattern, but I think I may be a bit too ambitious, plus I don't have the yarn.

Crochet is a lot easier IMHO than knitting, and more creative because you can shape things easier. It's also much faster.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
Same here, born and raised in a sexually repressive and materialistic culture, having been celibate all my life, never touched or interacted with any woman. I first justified this as fate, then with medieval Catholic reverence for chastity, then with certain messages from the Scripture (singleness is a gift, Matt. 19:10-12; marriage is a distraction, 1 Cor. 7:32-34), then with #MeToo, any move towards a woman could be perceived as harassment; then with the increasing prevalence of transactional nature in most relationships, then back to fate. As logical as you, I've concluded that this desiring for such a purely hypothetical, imaginary partner is just the sin of lust, I was pre-ordained in a time and place not suitable for love affair, true contentment is found in lord Jesus Christ.
You don't sound like you've really found true contentment. This sounds a lot like the cover letter my brother wrote to work at his current job. The gist of it was "Well I kept trying to do what I really wanted, but that's not working so I guess I can settle for working for you" fortunately that letter had to go through me who sent it back and said try again.

All that to say I'm not sure if you're trying to encourage me, just getting a good rant out, or trying to convince us that you're one of those super spiritual singles who has transcended the need for such worldly things like human companionship.

But if you've been looking for a group of people that can kind of relate, you've found the right corner of the internet.
 
Interesting concept for sure. Do they have hire-a-wifie too?
no...unless the purpose of a wife is for help in the bedroom there are lot of them in the Adult Entertainment section of the newspaper. For people who don't need newspapers, well I don't know where they go to hire someone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
Are you talking about a contractor out of the yellow pages in the phonebook?
Don't they have these in your country?
Also nobody has yellow pages anymore lol. But yes, they are contractors. And that is the name of their business.
Tradies, to you aussies and nzers.
 
no...unless the purpose of a wife is for help in the bedroom there are lot of them in the Adult Entertainment section of the newspaper. For people who don't need newspapers, well I don't know where they go to hire someone.
It is best to not go down that path. Actually, the purpose that I have for my wife is to simply be my best friend. I try to keep things simple rather than burdensome.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
It is best to not go down that path. Actually, the purpose that I have for my wife is to simply be my best friend. I try to keep things simple rather than burdensome.
Well I don't know about hire-a-maid.
I know about Friends though they are Quakers. But you don't hire them, you just go to their friends meetings.

I think a good wife is far above rubies, so it's going to be an astronomical cost. Have you plenty of money?
 
So I am not the only one on here who has issues with churches not having a singles ministry.
I am starting this so singles can connect with other singles.

God Knows I need a wife, so feel free to use this as a dating thread as well lol.
I used to run a singles ministry at my church, but then life got in the way, and some health concerns arose, and I had to step down. I miss it. Doing better now, so would love to do it again.

I love this idea, btw. <3
 
You don't sound like you've really found true contentment. This sounds a lot like the cover letter my brother wrote to work at his current job. The gist of it was "Well I kept trying to do what I really wanted, but that's not working so I guess I can settle for working for you" fortunately that letter had to go through me who sent it back and said try again.

All that to say I'm not sure if you're trying to encourage me, just getting a good rant out, or trying to convince us that you're one of those super spiritual singles who has transcended the need for such worldly things like human companionship.

But if you've been looking for a group of people that can kind of relate, you've found the right corner of the internet.
You're right, man. I wasn't trying to encourage you for anything, but to validate your chocie and lifestyle - with my own experience and analysis, in form of a cathartic rant.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cinder