Meh…but I ain’t no hollaback girl, like Gwen Stefani.![]()
It's bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
🕊
Meh…but I ain’t no hollaback girl, like Gwen Stefani.![]()
It S-U-R-E is!It's bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
🕊
Hi,Hi Michael,
I have always wanted to see Canada -- maybe I'll make it there someday.What are a few highlights that you recommend seeing at these favorite places?
I'm sorry that I'm not familiar with many of the games you listed. Does anyone else out there play them as well? What games do others recommend?
Is Sim City the one where you build your own simulations? What are some of the best things you've built?
I'm not sure that I have a favorite book of the Bible, but there are certain people and stories that are my go-to's. One of my favorite people in the Bible is Jeremiah, because he was real about his great discouragements.
And one of my favorite Bible stories is when the Hebrew midwives saved their people's baby boys, despite the command to throw them into the river. I love the passage that says, "Because the midwives feared God, He gave them families of their own." (Exodus 1:21)
Who are some people you admire in the Bible, and why?
Aw, is this a match making thread?
Okay…
I’m Kelly, a tantrum throwing, middle aged hag, looking for a fight.
Now why won’t anyone respond to my add???
yea it's a real thing.Lol!Whut?!??
![]()
Same here, born and raised in a sexually repressive and materialistic culture, having been celibate all my life, never touched or interacted with any woman. I first justified this as fate, then with medieval Catholic reverence for chastity, then with certain messages from the Scripture (singleness is a gift, Matt. 19:10-12; marriage is a distraction, 1 Cor. 7:32-34), then with #MeToo, any move towards a woman could be perceived as harassment; then with the increasing prevalence of transactional nature in most relationships, then back to fate. As logical as you, I've concluded that this desiring for such a purely hypothetical, imaginary partner is just the sin of lust, I was pre-ordained in a time and place not suitable for love affair, true contentment is found in lord Jesus Christ.Well let's see, I'm the single cinder who got halfway through life single and figures hey I've almost got this single thing figured out, maybe I should just keep going with it. My faithful companions are my dog and my computer and I spend my time at work, in the garden, and taking care of my dog and house. I'm smart, annoyingly logical most of the time, and like playing weird board games you never heard of to keep my brain occupied. But every once in a while it would be nice to have someone to help me move furniture, play board games with me, walk the dog when it's slick and snowy out, and do the household chores that I don't much like doing. And also help me build stuff because I kind of dream of being all clever about actually building things but I'm not. I'm more clever at words and math and remembering stuff. But I wanna build a garden wagon since I'm about to have 4 leftover wheels from defunct grills, and I may need some help coming up with a low cost winter plant shelter for the big blueberry plants in pots. Oh and depending on where I get the new grill, I may need to assemble that as well.
yea it's a real thing.
You hire-a-hubby and he does all the handyman jobs around the house that the real hubby doesn't do.
Are you talking about a contractor out of the yellow pages in the phonebook?yea it's a real thing.
You hire-a-hubby and he does all the handyman jobs around the house that the real hubby doesn't do.
You don't sound like you've really found true contentment. This sounds a lot like the cover letter my brother wrote to work at his current job. The gist of it was "Well I kept trying to do what I really wanted, but that's not working so I guess I can settle for working for you" fortunately that letter had to go through me who sent it back and said try again.Same here, born and raised in a sexually repressive and materialistic culture, having been celibate all my life, never touched or interacted with any woman. I first justified this as fate, then with medieval Catholic reverence for chastity, then with certain messages from the Scripture (singleness is a gift, Matt. 19:10-12; marriage is a distraction, 1 Cor. 7:32-34), then with #MeToo, any move towards a woman could be perceived as harassment; then with the increasing prevalence of transactional nature in most relationships, then back to fate. As logical as you, I've concluded that this desiring for such a purely hypothetical, imaginary partner is just the sin of lust, I was pre-ordained in a time and place not suitable for love affair, true contentment is found in lord Jesus Christ.
Interesting concept for sure. Do they have hire-a-wifie too?In my country you can just hire-a-hubby.
no...unless the purpose of a wife is for help in the bedroom there are lot of them in the Adult Entertainment section of the newspaper. For people who don't need newspapers, well I don't know where they go to hire someone.Interesting concept for sure. Do they have hire-a-wifie too?
Don't they have these in your country?Are you talking about a contractor out of the yellow pages in the phonebook?
It is best to not go down that path. Actually, the purpose that I have for my wife is to simply be my best friend. I try to keep things simple rather than burdensome.no...unless the purpose of a wife is for help in the bedroom there are lot of them in the Adult Entertainment section of the newspaper. For people who don't need newspapers, well I don't know where they go to hire someone.
Well I don't know about hire-a-maid.It is best to not go down that path. Actually, the purpose that I have for my wife is to simply be my best friend. I try to keep things simple rather than burdensome.
I used to run a singles ministry at my church, but then life got in the way, and some health concerns arose, and I had to step down. I miss it. Doing better now, so would love to do it again.So I am not the only one on here who has issues with churches not having a singles ministry.
I am starting this so singles can connect with other singles.
God Knows I need a wife, so feel free to use this as a dating thread as well lol.
You're right, man. I wasn't trying to encourage you for anything, but to validate your chocie and lifestyle - with my own experience and analysis, in form of a cathartic rant.You don't sound like you've really found true contentment. This sounds a lot like the cover letter my brother wrote to work at his current job. The gist of it was "Well I kept trying to do what I really wanted, but that's not working so I guess I can settle for working for you" fortunately that letter had to go through me who sent it back and said try again.
All that to say I'm not sure if you're trying to encourage me, just getting a good rant out, or trying to convince us that you're one of those super spiritual singles who has transcended the need for such worldly things like human companionship.
But if you've been looking for a group of people that can kind of relate, you've found the right corner of the internet.