The "What did you just buy?" thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
last thing i bought was food... as in... i went to the grocery store. on a monday. afternoon.

idk why did such a thing. lol

J

JeniBean

I really think that expensive colleges and universities are the 2nd biggest racket in this country, topped only by the pharmaceutical industry.
Well in some cases I will agree however...Doctors, Bio engineers, etc. I feel it is a necessary and since my oldest at 18 is a Junior at a private University and going for Chemical Engineering it is a price I am happy to pay. Especially since the Scholarships made the price out of my pocket very low. God has truly blessed this Solo Parent and hard working teenager!!! :D

G

gymnerd

What probably happened is this.. when your engine is running, the coolant starts flowing around in the cooling system filling up the hoses and pathways in the engine, etc.. and so it pulls fluid from the reservoir making it appear empty, and maybe your particular system pulls so much fluid into the hoses and stuff that the fluid level of the radiator goes down too, but when the engine gets hot the coolant will expand and fill the radiator and reservoir... so maybe your engine was still well within normal operating temperature when you checked it (not hot, not cold).
That was what I was kind of thinking it might be, but after thinking about it for a while I think it might have to do with the radiator cap. Since I bought the car I have never taken off the cap until yesterday, the levels of both the radiator and the overflow tank became normal after I took off and replaced the radiator cap. So what im thinking is the spring inside the cap might have been stuck or something and by taking it off it somehow fixed it. Oh and the low coolant light hasn't come back on either.

The other possibility is the fact that my dad touched my car, he seems to have magic car repair abilities where he can fix a car just by touching it. Here's an example, on time I was having ignition problems with my 85 ramcharger. I called him up and with the first try it started right up. It ran fine the whole time he was there sitting in the drivers seat, he then left and about a minute later it died and I couldn't get it to start again. The amount of times that he has done this with not just my car by others as well is astounding.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Yep. I think your dad paid your car a visit.

B

Bluedolphin

I found this from Etsy. It was so cute and cheaper than what those kind of plushies usually are ^^ .

il_570xN.822109269_du7x.jpg

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
I went to buy a Sprite from a vending machine.....it stole my money.....and when l banged on the machine, a Mountain Dew came out.

Bummed me out.

Sorry, does this post belong in the conspiracy forum?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Ran into the Store to buy a Reese's Cup, the clerk had the TV on. and someone was reporting on Trump's Poll Numbers. I thought to myself..........

"Well, at least I ain't buying that crap"

[Oh, wait, this ain't the Politics Forum........never mind :) ]

H

Hellooo

Full tank of gas for......18.98.

Jul 25, 2015
20151212_111656.jpg

I purchased these 2 treasures from Goodwill for a dirty santa / white elephant gift exchange party as I was assigned to bring a male gift.

Everyone jealous? Lol!

Aug 2, 2009
Well in some cases I will agree however...Doctors, Bio engineers, etc. I feel it is a necessary and since my oldest at 18 is a Junior at a private University and going for Chemical Engineering it is a price I am happy to pay. Especially since the Scholarships made the price out of my pocket very low. God has truly blessed this Solo Parent and hard working teenager!!! :D
Oh I believe doctors and biochemists deserve every cent they make, but have you seen the gigantic profits of these pharmaceutical companies? And then there's the way that they charge americans a lot more than other countries for the same drug. They say its because we have to pay for the R&D, but its really because our government allows them to charge whatever they want, and because most people don't even see how much the drugs actually cost (they only see their copay), so no one really complains. I won't even mention how they lowered the target blood pressure and cholesterol numbers just so they can sell more drugs..

Jul 25, 2015
Oh I believe doctors and biochemists deserve every cent they make, but have you seen the gigantic profits of these pharmaceutical companies? And then there's the way that they charge americans a lot more than other countries for the same drug. They say its because we have to pay for the R&D, but its really because our government allows them to charge whatever they want, and because most people don't even see how much the drugs actually cost (they only see their copay), so no one really complains. I won't even mention how they lowered the target blood pressure and cholesterol numbers just so they can sell more drugs..
This is a tough subject for me as my sons med for a chronic cond costs me 257.00 a month after my insurance and 60.00 rebate from drug company. I looked it up and the generic will not be avail until 2026. Ugghhh but im grateful we can afford it and research developed it. Hence my struggle

Aug 2, 2009
This is a tough subject for me as my sons med for a chronic cond costs me 257.00 a month after my insurance and 60.00 rebate from drug company. I looked it up and the generic will not be avail until 2026. Ugghhh but im grateful we can afford it and research developed it. Hence my struggle
Sorry to hear that. Yea the patent thing is another racket if you ask me. The drug companies should be required to document the cost of R&D for each drug and then charge accordingly so that they make back that amount during the life of the patent. The problem is there's no accountability. The drug companies can charge whatever they want during the patent period.. and afterwards too.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
last thing i bought: picture frames.

i can shop online while at work. this is a good and bad thing. lol :p

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I can't post what I just bought just in case my wife logs in and sees what she's getting for Christmas............

H

Hellooo

20151216_222848.jpg
Picked out a white elephant gift for a little get together next week...a calendar of cats in sweaters.

Also got a birthday card, a facial sheet mask, and some sort of korean white clay face goop/mask.

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
This was the only present I wanted for Christmas this year, so I ordered it online for myself.

Someone stole the package from my front porch before I got to it though. :(

M

Mooky

That must've been so disappointing, Addison.:(I have had a bible stolen from me when I was in hospital......it was a beautiful , leather bound bible which cost me a pretty penny. :( People said I should just be happy that someone stole my bible - maybe they would read it - but I still wished they could have bought their own.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
That was what I was kind of thinking it might be, but after thinking about it for a while I think it might have to do with the radiator cap. Since I bought the car I have never taken off the cap until yesterday, the levels of both the radiator and the overflow tank became normal after I took off and replaced the radiator cap. So what im thinking is the spring inside the cap might have been stuck or something and by taking it off it somehow fixed it. Oh and the low coolant light hasn't come back on either.

The other possibility is the fact that my dad touched my car, he seems to have magic car repair abilities where he can fix a car just by touching it. Here's an example, on time I was having ignition problems with my 85 ramcharger. I called him up and with the first try it started right up. It ran fine the whole time he was there sitting in the drivers seat, he then left and about a minute later it died and I couldn't get it to start again. The amount of times that he has done this with not just my car by others as well is astounding.
That is an awesome superpower your dad has! :D

Yep. I think your dad paid your car a visit.
I actually did a double take when I read this Steve, because I had just completed a rather long exterior refurbishing project on my dad's bimmer about 30 minutes ago which had taken a couple months to complete and as I stood in the garage admiring it I thought about how much I would have loved for him to see it. I hoped that he really was there in spirit admiring it with me. Then I got online a few minutes ago and saw your comment. :)

Last edited: