Why Are So Many Christians Still Single?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Hooray!!!

My favorite show is back on!!! 🤓 📺

Thank goodness we're getting to enjoy new episodes...

Seeing as there's already been something like 100+ pages of this discussion in other threads, and it suddenly stopped -- I was suffering withdrawals. 😭

Plus, my popcorn supply was really starting to build up.

Thank heavens I have an excuse to dive right into it again! 🙂

(For anyone not in on the joke, I had mentioned in another thread that this conversation is like a version of the show "Friends" in the Singles Forum.)

1790858683612.png
 
Or it’s best to take care of your own life, get busy on whatever you’ve been procrastinating, whatever needs to be done, and meditate on the word of God, and find something meaningful to do - with your leisure time that God has blessed you with. Maybe following a fishy profile picture is meaningful to you, but not to me.

Who said anything about leisure time?

But, nevermind that, what I'm really curious about is that you are now telling me to "find something meaningful to do." Earlier you had asked, "if you're a caring person, don't you have elderly parents to care for?" Then I responded that I do care for my loved ones and have for a long time. Now, I'm being told by you to find something meaningful to do. Ehm...isn't caring for my loved ones meaningful? 🤔
I would have thought caring for my loved ones was one of the most meaningful things I can do.

With this sort of attitude, Mister, I must say that I'm thankful that you are staying single and not involving anyone in your life that would express care and then it be thought of as not being meaningful.
 
Who said anything about leisure time?

But, nevermind that, what I'm really curious about is that you are now telling me to "find something meaningful to do." Earlier you had asked, "if you're a caring person, don't you have elderly parents to care for?" Then I responded that I do care for my loved ones and have for a long time. Now, I'm being told by you to find something meaningful to do. Ehm...isn't caring for my loved ones meaningful? 🤔
I would have thought caring for my loved ones was one of the most meaningful things I can do.

With this sort of attitude, Mister, I must say that I'm thankful that you are staying single and not involving anyone in your life that would express care and then it be thought of as not being meaningful.
Are you still caring for someone or not? If you’ve already found all your meaning in that, why bother pursuing a date by adding more burden and anxiety?
 
Are you still caring for someone or not? If you’ve already found all your meaning in that, why bother pursuing a date by adding more burden and anxiety?

As I had said, I'm getting ready to go care for my current closest loved one. I'll be doing this for an unknown amount of time.

Also, I haven't said that I'm pursuing a date. I've never been on dating site in my life.
 
Define “happy”. I’ve had my own share of blessings that would make my peers envy, no debt, no illness, no anxiety, no trouble, no resentment, abundance which I didn’t earn, to that I’m utterly grateful and content. I don’t need the boomers’ perfunctory “life script”, that you’re not truly happy, you’re not complete without a ring on your finger.

I define "happy" as being able to hear a pastor mention his wife and kids without judging him idolatrous and ranting about it to strangers on the internet.

Also, Happy people do not generally tell others what to do with their lives.

They also do not whine about random posts on Instagram, because their happiness is not affected by the personal lives of complete strangers.

So, no........ by that definition you are not happy.
 
As I had said, I'm getting ready to go care for my current closest loved one. I'll be doing this for an unknown amount of time.

Also, I haven't said that I'm pursuing a date. I've never been on dating site in my life.
Then aren’t we on the same side? Neither am I ever pursuing a date.
 
I define "happy" as being able to hear a pastor mention his wife and kids without judging him idolatrous and ranting about it to strangers on the internet.

Also, Happy people do not generally tell others what to do with their lives.

They also do not whine about random posts on Instagram, because their happiness is not affected by the personal lives of complete strangers.

So, no........ by that definition you are not happy.
Mention their family and kids is one thing, keep bragging about them and using them to promote their own agenda is quite another. You came to church for a biblical topic, but half the sermon you get totally irrelevant stuffs, how would you feel? I don’t know about you, I came to church for the word of god, not their advertising.

Besides, how do you know they’re really happy? Do you read their minds? Are you monitoring them? I can tell you that I never check anybody’s instagram reel, I but observe others who do, I was just using that as an example.
 
Many men hate to be responsible and are willing to let a woman initiate the relationship if they are not to be branded cursed and lessed blessed because nobody sees her as wife material. It is christian for the man to make the first move but they want the girls to become desperate to take anything putting on a trouser. The woman are less advantaged when it comes to giving birth for age matters since it is used as a reason bend her unlike men so the girl who knows her worth would rather stay single than get into such lousy and cheap stressful relationships.
 
Mention their family and kids is one thing, keep bragging about them and using them to promote their own agenda is quite another. You came to church for a biblical topic, but half the sermon you get totally irrelevant stuffs, how would you feel? I don’t know about you, I came to church for the word of god, not their advertising.

Besides, how do you know they’re really happy? Do you read their minds? Are you monitoring them? I can tell you that I never check anybody’s instagram reel, I but observe others who do, I was just using that as an example.

If you are so unhappy at your church then why haven't you switched to a different one? What the pastor says is his responsibility, what you listen to is YOUR responsibility.

I never said the instagrammers are happy. I'm not even on Instagram. Their lives are not my concern and their happiness (or lack thereof) is none of my business. So I do not feel the need to whine about them.
 
I define "happy" as being able to hear a pastor mention his wife and kids without judging him idolatrous and ranting about it to strangers on the internet.

Also, Happy people do not generally tell others what to do with their lives.

They also do not whine about random posts on Instagram, because their happiness is not affected by the personal lives of complete strangers.

So, no........ by that definition you are not happy.
And just to clarify in case it still rubs you the wrong way, I’m not against marriage unless it’s same sex or coerced; I’m agianst deception, and I only judge on that. Throughout all these squabbles, I keep hearing this sanctimonious argument that “marriage is ordained by God,” “it’s godly marriage,” alright, how exactly does God word state?

First of all, GOD determined that Adam was not good being alone; second, GOD carved Eve out of Adam; third, GOD joined them together.

And how does modern dating work? The polar opposite - YOU determine it’s not good being alone; YOU go find a partner to your liking; YOU join yourselves together. That has been the norm since the late 60s when the boomers came of age.

Therefore, you wanna advocate for marriage, go ahead, just don’t take the Lord’s name in vain by calling it “godly marriage” when it’s done in a godless way. Unless your marriage is arranged by an authority figure, who pairs you up with someone, and joins you two into a couple, don’t call it godly, when it’s all about YOUR feelings.