KING JAMES VERSION BIBLE VS. MODERN ENGLISH BIBLES

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
Explain to me how cutting off your right hand saves you from hell. If you're a works salvation person just ignore this post lol.
Make up some nonsense it’s easier than dealing with truth.
You aren’t without the wit to figure out what God means.
If you think your faith real but you don’t have to prove it, you are mistaken.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
I used to be a modern bible reader. In fact I was a modern bible reader longer than I have been a KJV reader. I was saved while I was reading the NIV and I'm just as saved reading the KJV. So THEY'RE NOT PHONIES!

People like you do more harm to the KJV than all the proponents put together.
So you like real corruption too?

They are phony and that is why no one is presenting quotes.

Nov 23, 2013
Make up some nonsense it’s easier than dealing with truth.
You aren’t without the wit to figure out what God means.
If you think your faith real but you don’t have to prove it, you are mistaken.
I just asked you a simple question - how does cutting off your right hand save you from hell? Surely you have an answer.

Nov 23, 2013
It means whatever is bothering you spiritually, fix it. in this case Jesus was talking to the unsaved at the time.The very same way you would have a physical illness fixed.
But those verses don't say that at all.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
What do they say? A car is not just a car, a freezer is not just a freezer, a house is not just a house. they all have a purpose and meaning. So does this scripture.

Nov 23, 2013
What do they say? A car is not just a car, a freezer is not just a freezer, a house is not just a house. they all have a purpose and meaning. So does this scripture.
I agree that it has meaning but we can't make it say something other than what it says can we? Why not believe it word for word and figure out what God is trying to tell us in that verse?

If cutting off our literal right hand can't save us then we have to figure out what right hand God is talking about.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
I agree that it has meaning but we can't make it say something other than what it says can we? Why not believe it word for word and figure out what God is trying to tell us in that verse?

If cutting off our literal right hand can't save us then we have to figure out what right hand God is talking about.
What do you think this verse means?

"Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."

J 9:41

Nov 23, 2013
What do you think this verse means?

"Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."

J 9:41
John 9:39-41 King James Version (KJV)

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Jesus said in verse 39 that he came for judgement, to give spiritual sight to those that can't see and to make blind those that could see. The pharisees imply in verse 40 that they can see.

Jesus was just doing what he promised to do - make the ones that can see blind. Of course they were actually blind but they wouldn't admit it to Jesus.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
John 9:39-41 King James Version (KJV)

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Jesus said in verse 39 that he came for judgement, to give spiritual sight to those that can't see and to make blind those that could see. The pharisees imply in verse 40 that they can see.

Jesus was just doing what he promised to do - make the ones that can see blind. Of course they were actually blind but they wouldn't admit it to Jesus.
My question was not about what their blidness is, but why would they be without sin being blind.

Nov 23, 2013
My question was not about what their blidness is, but why would they be without sin being blind.
Those that couldn't see were given sight which means they were saved. The pharisees weren't saved so they were still in their sin.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
KJV1611,

You seem to approach Scripture with a very different mindset than I do and thus we arrive at very different interpretations.

I can't question your sincerity or your good intentions; but I disagree with most of what you post.

Nov 23, 2013
KJV1611,

You seem to approach Scripture with a very different mindset than I do and thus we arrive at very different interpretations.

I can't question your sincerity or your good intentions; but I disagree with most of what you post.
I totally agree with you. The bible we read and the extent to which we believe those words greatly greatly influences our view of Christ and the bible.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
KJV1611,

MarcR, the way you disagreed so honorably and with respect for KJV1611 was beautiful! Proof that we can disagree and all still love each other. Well done! Great post!

nddreamer

Aug 31, 2017
Searchers come to the point where they know that everything comes from the LORD. They once knew all things but now they know nothing. If you have all knowledge, you are not there yet. Your vanity still blinds you.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Like someone claiming they didn’t know God cared about preserving and preserving his original word and publishing it in every language.
Joseppi: What does the KJV say about God preserving His word and publishing it in every language?
Psalm 12:
[SUP]6 [/SUP]The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

It says "thou shalt preserve them fromthis generation for ever." It says nothing at all about "every language".

It seems your understanding on this matter is "corrupt" as you are so fond of saying.

J

JB2018

Nice post. I think we should be aware that some translations take away from the bible.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Nice post. I think we should be aware that some translations take away from the bible.
Hello and welcome to the discussion. :)

I'm not sure to whose post you were referring. It's helpful to use the "Reply With Quote" button at lower-right.

I'm curious about your statement... what do you mean by "take away from the bible" and can you give an example?

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
If you cant figure out the right hand he is talking about, then, how can you say that what I am saying is wrong. You rather not have any answer unless you can come up with one yourself.What did Jesus tell the Scribes and Pharesees? If you don't believe in me, at least believe the works I do. Ask God, he will give the answer, I asked, and that was my answer.

Last edited:

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
I just asked you a simple question - how does cutting off your right hand save you from hell? Surely you have an answer.
It is an analogy. I have to pick up my cross daily and follow Jesus.
That means that my body must die daily when I follow Jesus.
If a man is unwilling to deny himself he can’t be Jesus’ disciple.
So, the analogy is the truth about what it takes to follow Christ.

I forget which saint it was but in Foxe’s book of martyrs one of them put his hand first into the fire because he’d learned the truth of that teaching of Jesus.

Can a member of your body cost you salvation?

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018

The right hand is an analogy of a very real threat to salvation.

Take the analogy of the eye.
I tell folks that having a single eye means having one holy bible. And some ridicule that truth. As if the analogy of the eye isn’t analogous of God’s written word, scripture.
But the scripture says that the word is light.
That God is light.
That Jesus is the light. The truth.
That the word is a lamp unto our feet.
That the entrance of God’s word gives us light.
That the word of God is incorruptible.

If I receive other light into my heart than that which is incorruptible I would be inviting in the worst kind of darkness, as Jesus taught and warned of.

So, Jesus knew that scripture and his words would be published as true light so men may have the light of God.

What right hand do you suppose Jesus is analogously referring to?
The authority and power to do my own will and work, rather than the authority and power to do God’s will and work.

I therefore, must deny myself, pick up my cross and follow Jesus lest I work my own works.

It all comes down to presenting ourselves a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God.
Anything short of that is failure to be faithful.

Now you might argue that the analogy of the eye isn’t literally true. But it is.
When two sources of light enter a room through small windows they form alternating bands of light and darkness. It is literally true.

When you eat with a king hold your knife to your throat.
That is literally great wisdom. Men have died from not doing so because they ate and drank too much and talked foolishly in the presence of a king.

Last edited: