Match Game

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I have to decide my date's outfit? A ball gown with a sexy corset and some long gloves, of course.

Ngl, I love that look, so hot. :LOL:

Back when I used to sew I had a goal of trying to sew my own corset. I just always thought they were an interesting piece of historic fashion.

I never quite got there, lol.

These days I'm too lazy and would just look for something ready made. 😂

And being Asian I can't really blend into the old Victorian scene 🤣 but I do think some of the fashion and architecture is amazing!
 
are you going to be wearing a top hat? You also need one of those coats with tails, gloves, and a monocle

Gloves are a must for the true gentleman. After all, I must prove to everyone that I'm a high-class snob who's above the drudgery of manual labor. Ugh!

I don't like top hats, but I might wear one for a costume-y event like that, sure. Maybe just for the photo booth, though, haha.

And I have no idea how people wear monocles, haha. I wear glasses in real life, so that will be my excuse for foregoing the monocle. Unless I go as the Victorian Oswald Cobblepot.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: seoulsearch
I don't think Queen Victoria ever got to Korea, but India was the Jewel in her crown, so you could go in a floaty sari with leather accents

Up to you. I thought it was more picking your own outfit than your dates....

Never worn a corset, but from looking at GWTW (Gone with the Wind) movie it seems like you'd need someone to lace you up at the back. I am supposing in the Victorian period every 'proper' lady had a maid.

Thank God for zips. Actually thank the Japanese YKK factory
 
Back when I used to sew I had a goal of trying to sew my own corset. I just always thought they were an interesting piece of historic fashion.

I never quite got there, lol.

These days I'm too lazy and would just look for something ready made. 😂

And being Asian I can't really blend into the old Victorian scene 🤣 but I do think some of the fashion and architecture is amazing!

Yeah, I've always thought corsets looked interesting. I'm sure many guys do. :LOL: I've always liked the old-timey look of Victorian fashion.

I've never been to a Victorian costume ball, but I've always wanted to go. I live an hour from Gettysburg and they have a big Victorian ball every November that seems to be pretty well-attended. They even have a costume shop in the town that sells and makes Victorian-style ball gowns and suits. And a photo studio that shoots old-timey-looking photos. One day, I hope!
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
Oh next question...

which perfume or cologne are you going to wear, or... what would you like your date to smell like. It doesn't have to be a brand. name one just the type of fragrance.

Musky? Woody? Floral? Fruity? Spicy?
 
Oh next question...

which perfume or cologne are you going to wear, or... what would you like your date to smell like. It doesn't have to be a brand. name one just the type of fragrance.

Musky? Woody? Floral? Fruity? Spicy?

I'm no expert on perfumes or colognes. But I think I'll need to smell masculine. And I'd like my date to smell stereotypically feminine (so fruity? Floral?)
 
Start a mom and pop business?
I know people even family members who met their spouse at work. It's not uncommon. Ive asked women out that I worked with in the past and they said yes but we only went on lunch dates. I was too shy to ask them to dinner or anything like that, but also because they had ex boyfriends that were either in jail or were cops. I have nothing against cops but I found out he was stalking her.
 
I know people even family members who met their spouse at work. It's not uncommon. Ive asked women out that I worked with in the past and they said yes but we only went on lunch dates. I was too shy to ask them to dinner or anything like that, but also because they had ex boyfriends that were either in jail or were cops. I have nothing against cops but I found out he was stalking her.
a lunch date in the staff canteen lol

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, its just not really something I like to do. Just being around your spouse all day at work AND at home would probably be a bit too much. But then its probably better that then working separately, then your spouse claims they are works late and you found out he is having an affair with the secretary.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zeroturbulence
a lunch date in the staff canteen lol

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, its just not really something I like to do. Just being around your spouse all day at work AND at home would probably be a bit too much. But then its probably better that then working separately, then your spouse claims they are works late and you found out he is having an affair with the secretary.
We went out to eat at either a local burger joint or an outdoor shopping mall.
 
I'm no expert on perfumes or colognes. But I think I'll need to smell masculine. And I'd like my date to smell stereotypically feminine (so fruity? Floral?)
What is a masculine smell? Petrol or car grease? I think those make me a bit faint.

How about 'Old Spice' I don't think you could go wrong with that, provided you are not TOO old. I don't think theres one called 'Young Spice' . Coconut is also a good one. Or minty.

For women its either roses, or jasmine as the typical feminine fragrance.

As long as you dont smell like an ashtray or reeking of alcohol I can be around you.
 
Oh next question...

which perfume or cologne are you going to wear, or... what would you like your date to smell like. It doesn't have to be a brand. name one just the type of fragrance.

Musky? Woody? Floral? Fruity? Spicy?
*Breaks down in a fit of coughing*
Strong scents bother me a lot. I don't think I would wear cologne because I have sensitive skin.
 
  • Pray
Reactions: seoulsearch
Insect repellent? Citronella?
Yep those too, unfortunately. I got some special natural stuff from Wal-Mart that works pretty good. It's eucalyptyus scent. I still can't put it on my skin, but it works well without being toxic.
Edit: Oh deodorant, too. I have a special kind that has no baking soda or aluminum in it. It actually works pretty well.