Questions For Our Married Friends/People Who Have Experience With Marriage Who Hang Out in Singles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
Sorry. You complained about it before, so I guess we thought you were complaining about it again.

So this time it was not a complaint, just an amusing observation. Right. Got it.
ok i came back thinking you moved on ,. but nope more CRAP..

i guess i need to go find somewhere else to see the LOVE that Jesus asked his followers to show.

I do not have gift of gab you lot do...

WEll done. you achieved your goal of destroying me in side AGAIN

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
ok i came back thinking you moved on ,. but nope more CRAP..

i guess i need to go find somewhere else to see the LOVE that Jesus asked his followers to show.

I do not have gift of gab you lot do...

WEll done. you achieved your goal of destroying me in side AGAIN
You don't have to have the gift of gab to be here, Robert. Keep sharing with us!

But just like in real life, some of us just "say" more than others.

Whether long or short on words, it's ok! Many regulars here like to give short observations too.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
its just writing down thoughts, but if all their thoughts are negative, then I dont think people really care to read them.

handy ignore button again

anyway, married people DO get bored of their spouse at times since, the opposite sex is not always great company. But I do find if they complain about their spouse I dont really want to know about it. They are the ones that CHOSE to be married. They need to take any complaints to their spouse, not me.

Many singles are widowed or divorced, but they may not have chosen this. So they kind of are always thinking of their spouse or ex. Since its not likely if you friends with a widowed or divorced person that you will ever meet with their ex...then its like, you cant really judge them, since you never met them or know them. You can only take that person for who they are without their spouse or ex.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
With widows (this year, I now know three, because im friends eith elderly women and their husbands have now died) I was more friends with the women than their hubbies, but thats just because women need the friendships of other women and to teach them stuff. The husbands were interesting in their own right, but I would not say I was friends with them cos I only knew them as husbands to my friends.

Like I wouldnt just hang out with the husbands alone. Sometimes they would come along to things but it wasnt something they really wanted to do or initiate.

I have a lot of friends who are single and they had been married, some more than once but I never met their exes.

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
You don't have to have the gift of gab to be here, Robert. Keep sharing with us!

But just like in real life, some of us just "say" more than others.

Whether long or short on words, it's ok! Many regulars here like to give short observations too.
it not the long or short that bothers me it is the personal attacks that people seem to think is ok.

But what would i know. just a Autistic freak with no filters.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
it not the long or short that bothers me it is the personal attacks that people seem to think is ok.

But what would i know. just a Autistic freak with no filters.
Many other people who post here have also talked about their own struggles with autism, so you most certainly aren't the only one.

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
Many other people who post here have also talked about their own struggles with autism, so you most certainly aren't the only one.
being not the only one doesnt make it easier to understand why people dont like me

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi family,is there always a topic for each day?
Actually, there are many topics on many threads. Feel free to create your own thread too on the topic of your choice in a forum, such as the Singles forum, Misc., Family, etc.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
being not the only one doesnt make it easier to understand why people dont like me
No one made personal attacks. One person (who I had to take off of ignore to see what the fuss was) made a couple slightly disparaging comments. And why is that person on ignore.... because she's even more out of touch with the reality the rest of us inhabit than you are. Criticism, disagreement, and differing opinions are not personal attacks. But I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to write my thesis proving that, which I'll then post for you to spend the day reading. Yes that was a joke, kind of like John talking about those weird people who don't like coffee and prefer tea. He's completely wrong about who the weird and not quite human people are (have you seen those coffee drinkers before they've had their coffee?) but pushing back and giving people a hare time about coffee or tea preferences (or long or short post preferences) isn't a personal attack.

Anyway, best way to make life in the forum more pleasant. Ignore the unpleasant people (it's easy, there's a button for that) and the ones who's idiocy routinely infuriates you and then learn to let the rest of the idiots out there wallow in their stupidity if they refuse to consider opinions other than their own.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
its just a personal preference

coffee or tea. Or both
some people write BOTH long and short posts. How is that attacking anyone.

Some people just like to complain, make the thread all about themselves, rather than just have fun or consider the topic , which is something about married people hanging out with singles. Or vice versa.

I dont think it matters, I post in both singles and family forums, and sometimes even in the miscellaneous. I even post in *gasp* Bible Discussion Forum. Because I like reading the Bible. Call me weird

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
No one made personal attacks. .
alleging in a forum that i have a short attention span is a personal attack it is not just a matter of difference of opinion

whist you may be strong enough to handle some name calling,. i am not. I am extremely weak and only when Jesus carries me do i manage to get through my day. many days i do not wish to continue. i come to CC to try and be involved. i try my best to remain positive and not speak the thoughts that run through my head. but as my psychologist once told me. keeping things inside you is why you attempted suicide. she taught me share my thoughts more to stop the overwhelming feeling of being alone in this world

Sorry for lowering the fun others have in the forums. it is never my intent to do so. but seems i do it too much

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I’m married, but I don’t think I’ve ever gone to a specific forum, except when I make a rare thread.

I just hit the “new post” tab, and scroll down, and if the title is something I’d like to check out, I’ll click on it and maybe comment.

The singles peeps often have interesting topics.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
alleging in a forum that i have a short attention span is a personal attack it is not just a matter of difference of opinion

whist you may be strong enough to handle some name calling,. i am not. I am extremely weak and only when Jesus carries me do i manage to get through my day. many days i do not wish to continue. i come to CC to try and be involved. i try my best to remain positive and not speak the thoughts that run through my head. but as my psychologist once told me. keeping things inside you is why you attempted suicide. she taught me share my thoughts more to stop the overwhelming feeling of being alone in this world

Sorry for lowering the fun others have in the forums. it is never my intent to do so. but seems i do it too much
Just be yourself.

Many years ago, I struggled with being myself, and, without even realizing it until God showed it to me in more ways than one, that actually lead to me hating myself.

One of the many ways that God got me to break free was through a word of knowledge that came forth in a church service one night.

I'm paraphrasing, but the word basically said that there was someone there who was like a bottle of strong cologne, and that they were afraid to take the cap off of it because of fear of what others might think of the strong aroma. In other words, due to this fear, who they really were was all "bottled up" inside.

I knew that that was me, and, in case nobody has noticed, I blew that stinkin' cap to smithereens years ago.

Do I have a "strong" personality?

Yes, I most certainly do, BUT it's never my intent to use my "strength" to harm anybody.

Anyhow, for whatever it's worth, I like you.

I still think that little poem that you wrote on one of these threads was the best poem I've ever read...lol.

To cinder's point, get acquainted with the "ignore" button if need be.

I recently put three people here on "ignore", and my life is much more peaceful now.

Some people, sad to say, are just a hopeless waste of time and energy.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
people have short attention spans, you just deal with it
they get bored easy

Children have it, but I think its cos they get rushed around so much, that the teachers cant actually get them to sit down and read for any length of time before rushing them on to the next task.

Its is because they are constantly distracted and looking for the NEW thing.
But they have not learned to spend some time, even if it takes them ALL day on one thing.

to say someone has a short attention span is not a 'personal attack" its just an observation. sheesh. If someone writes a long post, its because they may have a lot to say.

You Respect someones voice to say it or you dont and just act rude and tell them to cut it short.

rude rude rude!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
peeps like that are better off on twitter that restricts you to 140 words methinks. I never been on it, but thats the way it rolls.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
* Do married people ever look around here (the Singles Forum,) and think something like, "Oh, those poor clumsy chaps, they're just stumbling around!" But in more of a good-natured, "they're trying their best, but they'll figure it out eventually" kind of way, rather than as judgment or criticism?

I don't think the first part of your statement/question above. What I have asked myself and I'd really like an answer from some of the singles if they wouldn't mind is... When they say they have never been on a date....

I wonder how is that possible. I'm looking back at my life as a younger person and when I was in school had crushes on boys and such. But the school I went to had activities and we did a lot of boy/girl thing in groups like going to the roller skating rink and swimming pool parties I mean they weren't dates per say but still intermixed activities that were supervised.

How is it possible to never have had a date and you are 30, 40 or more? Just curious.

* How do married people feel when singles say they are lonely, and what would you tell them?

I gave myself a challenge one time to meet 7 men and my rules were get their name and have a brief conversation. That was it. Before the 7th guy I had met a fella that asked me out and we had a nice time together for a little while.

Another suggestion would be get involved with an activity that is going on at your church. If they feed the homeless, go visit nursing homes or choir those types of things sign up and get busy as you won't have time to be lonely and you are with other people doing something for the Lord in the process.

* What makes married people want to hang out with us single folk, anyway? :unsure::coffee::alien:

Cause single folks are people too and I like people...lol Who knows you might need some unsolicited advice..lol

MY RESPONCE: In Red.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I’m married, but I don’t think I’ve ever gone to a specific forum, except when I make a rare thread.

I just hit the “new post” tab, and scroll down, and if the title is something I’d like to check out, I’ll click on it and maybe comment.

The singles peeps often have interesting topics.
Well thank you. We have to give seoulsearch most of the credit for that. At least more than half.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
How is it possible to never have had a date and you are 30, 40 or more? Just curious.
I can answer that with a quote from a six year old girl.

"Mommy do I HAVE to fall in love?"
"Well... No, I guess not."
"Good. I've got stuff to do."

For me it is just because I never have bothered to go out looking for a girl. My life is going fine right now and I see no reason to mess with it.

I'm a nerd and I follow the nerd principle of "Upgrade ONLY for a reason." If a computer is doing everything I want and working just fine, I refuse to upgrade to the latest system just because it's new. It's fine just the way it is. Why mess up something that works?

My life is just fine like it is. I have no reason to try to improve perfection. And if well meaning but annoying matchmakers try to improve it for me, I have a flamethrower for such problems.