The Singles Thread

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Well I don't know about hire-a-maid.
I know about Friends though they are Quakers. But you don't hire them, you just go to their friends meetings.

I think a good wife is far above rubies, so it's going to be an astronomical cost. Have you plenty of money?
So far, God has provided me with sufficient rubies to meet the financial needs of having a good wife.
 
Don't they have these in your country?
Also nobody has yellow pages anymore lol. But yes, they are contractors. And that is the name of their business.
Tradies, to you aussies and nzers.
Yes, I know lol, except me, I still have phone books from Cambridge, Brantford and Winnipeg lol.
Oh ok.
 
I used to run a singles ministry at my church, but then life got in the way, and some health concerns arose, and I had to step down. I miss it. Doing better now, so would love to do it again.

I love this idea, btw. <3
Oh cool, how did that go? I am sorry to hear that,
well maybe you can, talk to your pastor.
 
I was going to ship you with whoever answered your post....but they probably don't like me doing that lol
 
1 Corinthians chapter 7 -Don't be tempted by sexual immorality for every man is to have a woman to wife and every woman is to have a man to husband. God and Jesus Christ promote love and romance.
 
Oh cool, how did that go? I am sorry to hear that,
well maybe you can, talk to your pastor.
It went well! I am just signing on for the first time in a couple of weeks, my bad of not responding right away! Yeah, I definitely have to talk to my pastor to get the ball rolling again :)
 
It went well! I am just signing on for the first time in a couple of weeks, my bad of not responding right away! Yeah, I definitely have to talk to my pastor to get the ball rolling again :)
That is good to hear. Congradulations.
It is ok, Sounds good. :-)
 
I'd like to go to a church that held dances. Are there any?
I remember going to a christian music festival when I was 17 it was like a Christian version of Glastonbury but I don't recall any dancing there either. In fact, if anyone was caught dancing they probably thought that person was having a fit and would have prayed over them.
 
I'd like to go to a church that held dances. Are there any?
I remember going to a christian music festival when I was 17 it was like a Christian version of Glastonbury but I don't recall any dancing there either. In fact, if anyone was caught dancing they probably thought that person was having a fit and would have prayed over them.
Actually I did see one church where a woman got up and danced with flags during the service, Winnipeg Manitoba.

I have never been to a Christian music festival. I've never been to a secular one either.
Possibly
 
Actually I did see one church where a woman got up and danced with flags during the service, Winnipeg Manitoba.

I have never been to a Christian music festival. I've never been to a secular one either.
Possibly
They are about the same except the Christian ones people don't dance. Or they don't dance together.
Alcohol though is banned at Christian events, as are secular ones that are family friendly, so, it's much of a muchness, the Christian one just had sermons in between the music.
 
They are about the same except the Christian ones people don't dance. Or they don't dance together.
Alcohol though is banned at Christian events, as are secular ones that are family friendly, so, it's much of a muchness, the Christian one just had sermons in between the music.
oh ok, I see, interesting.
 
I wouldn't pay money to go to festivals as in a ticket as they are super expensive.
I only go to the free ones or if someone pays for me to go.
 
I went to a sistas conference once, was expensive, and one speaker was not even female, he was a gay male that got married. I don't know why his wife didn't speak or say anything as she was there too.

It was so expensive that we even had to pay for our cup of tea. In churches, this is usually free and part of the service.

I don't go to conferences anymore, but I suppose they, like church rallies are places for singles to meet people, unless it's like an all-female conference or something, like sistas was.

Sometimes well-off sistas would pay for a less-well off sista to come with, but that rarely happened in my church circles. I live in a working class suburb, we don't have millionaires in our midst. Most can't even afford tithes.
 
I went to a sistas conference once, was expensive, and one speaker was not even female, he was a gay male that got married. I don't know why his wife didn't speak or say anything as she was there too.

It was so expensive that we even had to pay for our cup of tea. In churches, this is usually free and part of the service.

I don't go to conferences anymore, but I suppose they, like church rallies are places for singles to meet people, unless it's like an all-female conference or something, like sistas was.

Sometimes well-off sistas would pay for a less-well off sista to come with, but that rarely happened in my church circles. I live in a working class suburb, we don't have millionaires in our midst. Most can't even afford tithes.
I see, wait, how could he be gay if he is married to a woman?
I get it, I can't afford to do stuff like that either.
 
I see, wait, how could he be gay if he is married to a woman?
I get it, I can't afford to do stuff like that either.
pretending? You can still be gay, and be married to a woman, just have affairs with men. IDK thats what some people do. Not everyone.
I think he tried to convince his wife that he was straight, but she didn't speak at the conference, he did, so ??He'd lived a life as a woman, so, I guess he thought he had an authority to speak about that.
It was all very confusing.

If you want to live as a woman, but are biologically a male, you either...dress in drag (though it is very obvious you are not a woman, but a drag queen, cos no woman really dresses like that) or get trans surgery. If you 'think' you can think yourself female, you have body dysphoria - you are not happy being a man. But that's just my observation.
The gay men I have known/hung out with are all attracted to men, and aren't shy about expressing that part of themselves. It would not be a good thing for a woman to be married to a gay man, because he may try to do things to her body that are not...right. And they'd be deceiving themselves and fooling the woman. Some people are ok with that though You want to live a lie, that's your problem.
 
1 Corinthians chapter 7 -Don't be tempted by sexual immorality for every man is to have a woman to wife and every woman is to have a man to husband. God and Jesus Christ promote love and romance.
First, howdy and welcome to the forum.

Second, we aren't even talking about that. Read the posts before you reply. Don't just see a trigger word and fire off a post in response. You will almost certainly miss the mark.