Need Relationship Advice, Please!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Lol if she the best why you here? Lol the husband is the leader, don't let the woman talk you into relying on society's opinion about a text, society is full of fools, be the man and tell that woman to do the dishes and once they dishes are done make real babies, don't be doing all them adoptions.
Wow. There's nothing quite like having a raving misogynist come along and puke stupidity all over the thread.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
make real babies. so i guess those other children aren't real. :rolleyes::cautious::sneaky::unsure:

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Received this text. It upset me. Please see attached pic. Please reply with advice!
View attachment 205603
Um this is a pic of before and after? I am curious too about if you are the husband or the wife.

And about a-troll-for... at least you are not subtle. You make yourself quite obvious.

Dino...thanks for the laughter.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Wow. There's nothing quite like having a raving misogynist come along and puke stupidity all over the thread.
i mentioned former member AgeofKnowledge upthread, and how he defended/supported men and masculinity.

I agreed with a lot of what AoK posted, but this person is whole other ball of wax............ o_O

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
i mentioned former member AgeofKnowledge upthread, and how he defended/supported men and masculinity.

I agreed with a lot of what AoK posted, but this person is whole other ball of wax............ o_O
I'm all for supporting godly masculinity, and I have as much contempt for feminism as for misogyny. They are both foolish and destructive ideologies.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Lol if she the best why you here? Lol the husband is the leader, don't let the woman talk you into relying on society's opinion about a text, society is full of fools, be the man and tell that woman to do the dishes and once they dishes are done make real babies, don't be doing all them adoptions.
I be one a them fake adopted babies! 🤪

S

Susanna

Getting no sugar?

S

Susanna

Luckily, he's not married. So all his big talk on how to handle a woman and he's single. rofl Can you beat that?!
I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t get married in the next ten years😜.

K

kaylagrl

I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t get married in the next ten years😜.
Ahh I don't know, most of those types pretend to be someone else until they get married. Jekyll and Hyde.

Oct 24, 2019
My advice...move on.

Everything in life can be hyper analyzed though the utility of doing so is debatable.

Moods vary. One day something like that would put me in a foul mood if I've already had a trying day and nothing seems to be going right and then on top of that.......

Another mood...well someone had an active night. Call it a "life party" they did life...sometimes it's messy. Not everyone is the best at clean up.

and much like playing basketball (random example) some are going to be better players in the cleaning game than others. It takes patience and it takes discipline and everyone has a different ability to "learn their lesson" and it looks differently.

Certainly entitled to being irritated and thank you for posting, sometimes even for tiny things it's good to have input.

Even sometimes in Jest I "take a vote" from the community in order to prove a point. Of course even when the vote is in my favor doesn't necessarily make me right but it does affirm that opinions differ and it isn't quite so simple...not that it's exceptionally complex to the Lord but you know...
Thank you. We appreciate you!
HG

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am assuming that the "demeaning" text is the one that says, "Really?!?!?!".

Based on that assumption, I think it's worth a laugh. I don't think anyone "owes" anyone anything, except perhaps your kids owe you a thorough kitchen cleanup.

There are far worse things over which to lose your marbles. Teach the kids. Monitor their progress. Model forgiveness and humility.

I'll stop there, lest I type another sermon. ;)
I always enjoy your insightful sermons. :)

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Sadly I seem to be someone that needs way more information to even understand how to answer whether this was uncalled for or not.

What was said with the pictures? Was it just the pictures with no explanation, or was it like “this is what YOUR CHILDREN DID” kinda comment? Was it to start a discussion of “hey the kids left this mess, we gotta talk to them about being more responsible” and open a dialogue? Was a parent with them when it happened?

And forgive me for being rude, I appreciate you seeking help on parenting and marriage, but what is the end goal of this thread? Is it to prove that “other people think you were being rude” or is it more about self reflection and trying to stay accountable? If the first, I think that’s between you guys. If the second, you may want to find Christian friends/mentors as well so you don’t have to wait for all of us. You know since we’re kinda far and you gotta wait and weed through responses.

Oct 24, 2019
Sadly I seem to be someone that needs way more information to even understand how to answer whether this was uncalled for or not.

What was said with the pictures? Was it just the pictures with no explanation, or was it like “this is what YOUR CHILDREN DID” kinda comment? Was it to start a discussion of “hey the kids left this mess, we gotta talk to them about being more responsible” and open a dialogue? Was a parent with them when it happened?

And forgive me for being rude, I appreciate you seeking help on parenting and marriage, but what is the end goal of this thread? Is it to prove that “other people think you were being rude” or is it more about self reflection and trying to stay accountable? If the first, I think that’s between you guys. If the second, you may want to find Christian friends/mentors as well so you don’t have to wait for all of us. You know since we’re kinda far and you gotta wait and weed through responses.
Hubby: Thank you for your assistance. We were challenged by our marriage counselor to "get consensus" regarding the text message. I would rather not get consensus, because of several reasons, but I am complying with his request. The text was a few pics of the condition that the kids left and the word: "Really?!?!?!" My reason for sending the message was to alert her to the kids' mess so that she could address it with them when she returned home. Our four kids are ages 5-12. they can and do clean up after themselves, though we have to stay on them to do it. The big deal to me was the milk left out to spoil and the fact that we pay allowance based upon how much we have to do manage them. Taking more responsibility and initiative pays more allowance. My wife did not acknowledge or answer the text. I did not expect an answer. It was just an informational text. When we went to the next counseling meeting, I felt very ambushed and betrayed by the fact that she gave this text, with tears, as an example of "harsh/demeaning/critical" conversation. She had not mentioned this to me at all and this was such a benign (in my mind) piece of communication to use as an example to the question. Does this background help?

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Ok that makes way more sense now, and I totally get you following your marriage counselors guidance. Understandably even when the sender thinks it’s unnecessary, but again you’re being Obi didn’t. Good on you.

In my opinion the text was by no means benign. It was accusatory only in the fact that it wasn’t fully explained by the sender, and sadly was left up to very possibly harming interpretation. It could have been meant simply as “I can’t believe this happened!” Not as a criticism, but as a vent. Just describing his annoyance at the event.

I think on the wife’s side, the fact it was hurtful but not discussed is not good. It should have been immediately made clear that it was hurtful. Holding onto it emotionally as well as physically was just not healthy.

Oct 24, 2019
Ok that makes way more sense now, and I totally get you following your marriage counselors guidance. Understandably even when the sender thinks it’s unnecessary, but again you’re being Obi didn’t. Good on you.

In my opinion the text was by no means benign. It was accusatory only in the fact that it wasn’t fully explained by the sender, and sadly was left up to very possibly harming interpretation. It could have been meant simply as “I can’t believe this happened!” Not as a criticism, but as a vent. Just describing his annoyance at the event.

I think on the wife’s side, the fact it was hurtful but not discussed is not good. It should have been immediately made clear that it was hurtful. Holding onto it emotionally as well as physically was just not healthy.
Hubby: Thanks very much for your assistance!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hubby: Thanks very much for your assistance!
Do you and your wife stand as one (united front) to address your children's behaviors? Or are your schedules such that you are rarely home together at the same time while also child minding?